Quote Originally Posted by homebrewd View Post
    Could you please take a look on page 17-post #336?! Homebrewd. Really need some pointers!
    Your reforges are way off. If you want to put in the time to get slightly better reforges you can go to wowreforge and edit the stats of your upgraded items to reflect the upgrades. In this case it would just be your bow. Change the stat priority to crit > mastery > haste then hit reforge. You can refer to my other posts for reforgerade or reforgelite. Your rotation is fine.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Your rotation looks fine, your reforges are a bit off. Since you don't have anything upgraded that you can reforge yet. You can use wowreforgedotcom . Make sure you change the stat weights to show crit > mastery > haste then hit reforge. You can also download reforgerade to make it even easier to reforge. After you reforge with wowreforge hit summary and copy/paste that into wow and then hit reforge.
    Would you mind giving me some of the stat values you use for crit, mastery, and haste. The default values when I loaded my character were crit= 1.6, Haste= 1.4, Mastery=1.31. I changed the mastery to 1.50 to have it follow the guidline of crit>mastery>haste but it seems to give me some weird reforges.
    It suggests I lose 129 crit rating in favor of 138 mastery rating, logically with these numbers being so close it doesnt make sense to reforge to the worse secondary for only 9 more stats pts.

P.S. having the edit quotes because they had Url's in them stinks

Quote Originally Posted by Diabow View Post
    Would you mind giving me some of the stat values you use for crit, mastery, and haste. The default values when I loaded my character were crit= 1.6, Haste= 1.4, Mastery=1.31. I changed the mastery to 1.50 to have it follow the guidline of crit>mastery>haste but it seems to give me some weird reforges.
    It suggests I lose 129 crit rating in favor of 138 mastery rating, logically with these numbers being so close it doesnt make sense to reforge to the worse secondary for only 9 more stats pts.

P.S. having the edit quotes because they had Url's in them stinks
    I just switch haste and mastery around and it seems to do the trick for me.

Deleted
    Spec Beast Mastery
    Item Level 475 (at the time of the logs)
    Expectations: Much higher dps
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sbank/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1464&e=1883

I only dinged a few days ago but aim to make this my new main, i think my cooldown usage after the opening 60 seconds (most of the time) is pretty bad, i'd love help in any aspect possible. New to using Murder of Crows but hoping i wasn't too bad at using it.. Any help at all is appreciated. I will be levelling engineering as my second prof within a few days.

Just got bow Fang Kung, Spark of Titans from normal... now i have lfr version of Taoren, the Soul Burner with gem...
    Bow on paper looks awesome (im planing upgrade him to 2/2), but why the hell femaledwarf says me ill lose dps when i equip bow? o.O
    Since when ~200agi (gun+gem) its better than ~200dps on weapon?

halp

Spec Surv
    Item Level371
    Expectations: 70k
    Armory Link:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Legalizeit/simple.
    Worldoflogs Link:N/a
    Femaledwarf Link:femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=6590.
    Note I can't do links b/c I just made this
    Well at the moment in raids I'm averaging like 50k which shouldn't be happening , I don't think it has to do with my rotation but who knows(I wouldn't mind a example of someones rotation just to compare) , but what I'm asking is for the hunter community to help me increase my overall dps with any insight they have. Any advice will be glady taken

Quote Originally Posted by shoogo1337 View Post
    Spec Surv
    Item Level371
    Expectations: 70k
    Armory Link:us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Legalizeit/simple.
    Worldoflogs Link:N/a
    Femaledwarf Link:femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=6590.
    Note I can't do links b/c I just made this
    Well at the moment in raids I'm averaging like 50k which shouldn't be happening , I don't think it has to do with my rotation but who knows(I wouldn't mind a example of someones rotation just to compare) , but what I'm asking is for the hunter community to help me increase my overall dps with any insight they have. Any advice will be glady taken
    First off, world of logs is what we mainly use to help people increase in DPS. It's our version of a MRI/x-ray. Looking at your character, you have a crappy weapon (hope you get lucky on drops) and don't have relic of xuen. You're also spec'ed barrage.

Spec: BM
    Item Level: 490
    Expectations: 90k+ and maintaining a reasonable sustainability
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dariian/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...x8o/details/2/

I am hoping that I am on the right track with what im doing so far and any input is appreciated for sure. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Sindariian; 2013-01-09 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yakuz View Post
    Just got bow Fang Kung, Spark of Titans from normal... now i have lfr version of Taoren, the Soul Burner with gem...
    Bow on paper looks awesome (im planing upgrade him to 2/2), but why the hell femaledwarf says me ill lose dps when i equip bow? o.O
    Since when ~200agi (gun+gem) its better than ~200dps on weapon?
    Heroic gun > normal gun > heroic bow > LFR gun > normal bow > lfr bow.

The gem is just really good, especially with agi being so good for us.

Have you accounted for a change in settings rather than just equip your items & click Update dps?
    Dafft - Scout - DAoC
    Dafft - Shadow Warrior - Warhammer
    Dafft - Hunter - WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Sindariian View Post
    Spec: BM
    Item Level: 490
    Expectations: 90k+ and maintaining a reasonable sustainability

I am hoping that I am on the right track with what im doing so far and any input is appreciated for sure. Thank you in advance.
    You should try to get some tier bonuses. 15% KC damage is huge and 6 extra seconds on each BW will really help. For your Feng log your opener is bad. You also cast 24 Kill Commands where the fight allowed for 41 not counting readiness. That's 17 kill commands you missed out on. If you need help with openers Kripparian has a pretty good video on it. You also had 45% up time on SrS for this fight. On Garajal it was even worse, you cast 20 Kill Commands when the fight allowed for 45 not counting readiness. That's less than half. Spirit kings was even worse, you cast 24 when the fight allowed for 62. That's starting to close in on a 1/3 of possible kill commands. Elegon same deal again, though with him being down for a while after pylons go down there is some more leeway here. WotA similar story but hunters are bad for this fight so don't feel too bad!

You need to make sure you cast Kill Command as much as you can.

Moving on to gear, you have a expertise gem in your pants, that should be agility. Fixing this and plugging you into wowreforge you you lose a lot of haste gain about 800 mastery and lose 60 crit. Not to mention the 160/320 agility from the socket. You should make sure you use your JC gems too. As you were female dwarf sims you at ~91.5k. After reforging and replacing gems it has you at around 93.5k.
    I also noticed you didn't prepot on any fight but elegon. Obviously if you aren't pushing progression hardcore it isnt super important but if you do want to squeeze more out you should do that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    Spec Beast Mastery
    Item Level 475 (at the time of the logs)
    Expectations: Much higher dps
    I only dinged a few days ago but aim to make this my new main, i think my cooldown usage after the opening 60 seconds (most of the time) is pretty bad, i'd love help in any aspect possible. New to using Murder of Crows but hoping i wasn't too bad at using it.. Any help at all is appreciated. I will be levelling engineering as my second prof within a few days.
    Looked through your logs and my post got deleted on accident but, you look like you are doing well man. Only missed a few Kill Commands on Lei Shi and protectors on Tsulong you missed some more but it wasn't bad. Your crows usage looked fine for the most part except it looks like you messed one up on Lei Shi. Serpent sting uptimes were pretty good too. Don't worry about protectors too much a lot of people like to pad on that fight.

Gear looks fine for the most part wowreforge was acting up when I put you in so no fixes I could tell you there. Overall man it looks like your well on your way to playing hunter well.

Could do with some help on fights like Ambershaper/Garalon(anything, really) and Windlord especially, pretty oblivious to what I'm doing wrong.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/leica/simple
    Logs: Multiple log sources but http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...nas&name=Leica should have most.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/25363/ Is the main guild one.

My weapon is pretty not that great but I still feel my damage on Windlord is pretty bad overall.

Ambershaper was a first kill so messy, but help is still welcome.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2013-01-10 at 11:37 PM.

Thank you for your obervations and tips! I am also thinking of going SV as a viable OS and I was curious what addons would be good to to make sure I am hitting Kill Command everytime its up? I have been using Bitten's Spellflash on the advice of a friend but it obviously doesn't seem to be a big help..lol Anyway thank you for any information.

Personally I've used two different methods, the first is to set the abilities we use in our rotation near the middle of the screen where you're looking most of the time than the others that way its easy to see their cooldowns/if you have enough focus or what have you. The second way and what I currently do is to use Power Auras to notify me when its off cooldown. Put that power aura over a region of screen that is large but won't prevent you from seeing fire or other raid mechanics. Honestly, I feel comfortable without them at this point which is where you should try to be. The only fights where they really help are movement heavy fights like first boss in HoF during attenuation or Garalon when I'm kiting the buff and making sure I'm not standing in pools. My advice would be to go play around on the target dummies until you can do your normal rotation with your eyes closed pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernichtung View Post
    Personally I've used two different methods, the first is to set the abilities we use in our rotation near the middle of the screen where you're looking most of the time than the others that way its easy to see their cooldowns/if you have enough focus or what have you. The second way and what I currently do is to use Power Auras to notify me when its off cooldown. Put that power aura over a region of screen that is large but won't prevent you from seeing fire or other raid mechanics. Honestly, I feel comfortable without them at this point which is where you should try to be. The only fights where they really help are movement heavy fights like first boss in HoF during attenuation or Garalon when I'm kiting the buff and making sure I'm not standing in pools. My advice would be to go play around on the target dummies until you can do your normal rotation with your eyes closed pretty much.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/doomcooldownpulse

Does just what you are describing.

Doomcooldown is not ready for 5.1 nor is it going to be maintained any longer from what the creator says.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindariian View Post
    Doomcooldown is not ready for 5.1 nor is it going to be maintained any longer from what the creator says.
    It still functions correctly for hunters.

This is what it says on curse:

NOTE: Because I no longer play WoW, I cannot actively maintain this AddOn. At this time, the AddOn works fine, and I will continue to make an effort to fix bugs as patches are released. If you are an AddOn author and want to contribute to the code base, please feel free to submit a pull request to the AddOn's GitHub repository
    So don't give up on it. Someone may take over.

Ahh my Curse page cut off! Thank you! xox

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 04:26 AM ----------

okay, I reforged ala wowreforge, got Bartender, switched to sv for the wind lord fight and STILL coming in at 117 roughly when the othe rhunters are at 167..i was throwing Explosove traps whenever I coulf but still..I think I am missing something or maybe im just slow..i dunno, I asked for help from my guild and one hunter tried to get me to macro ALL my shots ...sighs...

LOG for last 25man fight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...p8/details/18/

Deleted
    Doing low dps compared to our guilds other hunter, http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j961xgonkwvxjtgi/
    Except to do atleast 5-10k more. pointers are very welcome.