Page 31 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm posting on my guildies behalf. He is a really nice guy and I love raiding with him, but we need the dps to be a little higher.
    Spec Surv
    Item Level 520
    Expectations: Closer to the other dps.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Casann/simple
    WoL Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/74tunphpo2gtm0s0/

Black arrow and serpent sting uptimes are terrible.
    Rapid Fire used twice in 5:38 on Durumu. Should be at LEAST 3, probably 4.
    No potion at all during Durumu (I'm just looking at this one since it's mostly single target, the rest of the fights aren't that great for dissecting logs).
    I don't remember the CD for synapse springs but he only used it 4 times to the monks 6 so he should be using that more. (Tell him to macro it to explosive shot).
    Dire Beast usage is terrible. Used 5 times, should be 12 or 13.
    Make sure he knows his shot priority.

Armory looks alright, he's a bit under exp cap and way over hit cap but has a couple agi+hit gems.
    He should be coining Jin'Rokh and Council every week for trinkets.
    Fervor is better for surv than dire beast, but I can't see this guy using fervor right so I'd say stick with DB.
    I'd also suggest blink strikes over crows for the same reason.

Another small thing I noticed when comparing mine and his buffs/debuffs is, unless you have another form of MS, he should be casting widow's venom for each life drain. (I'm pretty sure this is the case, someone correct me if I'm wrong).
    Last edited by Rocksteadee; 2013-07-22 at 05:58 PM.

Hey made an account here just to get a few tips for our hunter he thinks he call pull more dps out of his current gear but has problems doing it I don't have logs but here is his armory //us.battle.net /wow/en/character /dathremar/ Marelea/advanced He also has Grips of cinderflesh in his bags but is worried his dps would drop significatly looking the t14 2 set bonus ( i know its late in the tier but still) any help would be appreciated

Would really like some help I've gone quite a ways in gear since I last posted on here and just feel like I could be doing more if I was doing something different.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/243772/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Ayaraa/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Theonepurp View Post
    Hey made an account here just to get a few tips for our hunter he thinks he call pull more dps out of his current gear but has problems doing it I don't have logs but here is his armory //us.battle.net /wow/en/character /dathremar/ Marelea/advanced He also has Grips of cinderflesh in his bags but is worried his dps would drop significatly looking the t14 2 set bonus ( i know its late in the tier but still) any help would be appreciated
    There's not much we can do without logs unfortunately. His gear seems fine for where he's at (6/12 normal). He MAY want to switch to crit>haste>mastery now, but definitely when he gets a new tier bonus/another rppm trinket. Should take dire beast instead of thrill.

Deleted
    Spec BM
    Item Level 536
    Expectations: Better performance on the long run
    Armory Link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darksorrow/Izeth/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-gtftppwfcgvtmall/analyze/dd/source/
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dc3xsa02ggubnzxu/analyze/dd/source/?s=14780&e=15137 <- ra-den
    (Sorry, can't post links so had to break them up.)
    Okay, so I know that I've had a terribly bad luck with the weapon & the trinket, just came back to my hunter about a month ago so I haven't had the full time on this tier on this lovely chap.

I know that in the logs that I linked I did plenty-bad on tortos etc, but thats because I'm a really bad kicker - lost so much dps while not trying to fail too hard :c.
    Anyway, onto the meaty parts - It's fights like Qon, Ra-den etc where there's no mechanics that interrupt your DPS'ing too badly that I'm looking to improve in.

I'm personally failing to see what I'm doing wrong, other than the fact that I'm using dire beast ( I can't use fervor for the life of me) and having a really, really bad weapon (how much can it affect?) and for that reason I'm looking for some insight.
    I know I can't expect miracles with my gear, but at the same time I'm looking to improve on what I can.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    On Ra-den you missed many opportunities to Kill Shot Essence of Anima and Crackling Stalker. I use a mouseover Kill Shot macro so I can keep Ra-den targeted while, but also Kill Shot <20% Crackling Stalkers.

WRT Fervor, remember that it is off GCD and can be used at the same time as any instant ability. I have mine bound to a mouse thumb button so I can go do my 'rotation' normally with my left hand and hit Fervor at any time with my right thumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    On Ra-den you missed many opportunities to Kill Shot Essence of Anima and Crackling Stalker. I use a mouseover Kill Shot macro so I can keep Ra-den targeted while, but also Kill Shot <20% Crackling Stalkers.

WRT Fervor, remember that it is off GCD and can be used at the same time as any instant ability. I have mine bound to a mouse thumb button so I can go do my 'rotation' normally with my left hand and hit Fervor at any time with my right thumb.
    Ohh, thanks - I've never thought of mouseovering KS, makes alot of sense though.
    Also I'll most definately give fervor a go, can't be that bad after you get used to it,
    thanks for the response.

low dps

Houyi

Spec: BM/SV depending on fight but prefer BM
    Item Level 529
    Expectations: Better performance overall
    Armory Link: us . battle . net/wow/en/character/lothar/Houyi/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs . com/guilds/5202/

over the last 2 nights we attempted, and then finally killed heroic horridon last night (SV Spec), and i think that although i had a few really good attempts where dps was high, overall i was much lower than everyone else. Even on normal Council and tortos (BM spec) i was near the bottom of the dps meters. I would like to be more consistent and of course be higher on the meters.

I have toth specced for horridon mainly due to spamming multishot and then blink strike for the direhorn and for moving between adds although i did change between different talents from fight to fight trying to get the best dps i could. I know that a specific talent set is preferred for most SV fights (fervor and MOC). If someone could look through the horridon kill and then maybe a few of the other normal fights and just let me know what im missing (or if im doing it right and its just a gear thing?) i would appreciate it. (fights from 24th and 25th of July)

Looking at your H Horridon kill:
    Serpent Sting uptime is bad, Black Arrow uptime is bad (keep this rolling on horridon the whole fight, make a macro for it if you're not good at switching targets). Low BA means less explosive shots, but you're missing a lot of explosives even without including LnL procs. 11 minute fight should have ~110 explosives (excluding LnL) at a 6s cooldown. You had 71 total explosive with 16 LnL procs. Explosive Shot should still be #1 priority shot. There shouldn't be enough adds up for any other shot to take precedence.

Try to keep SS/BA rolling on Horridon. Try to get nice multi shots off when adds are close to make use of serpent spread. EXPLOSIVE SHOT.

Disclosure: I've only killed H Horridon once, on June 2, but I did 250k dps in ~525 gear.

edit: Looking at your pet it seems you stuck him on the direhorn a lot. Try to get good at using snake trap/barrage to keep it away. Stick pet on horridon.
    Last edited by Rocksteadee; 2013-07-26 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Looking at your H Horridon kill:.....
    awesome thanks. I do need to work on some macros for keeping things on horridon pet/ba/ss. Im bad about letting SS drop in general, and have been working on ways to help myself notice when its down on my current target.

Deleted
    You can use your snake trap to knock back the dino add allowing you to keep your pet on the boss/real adds. I do take the snake trap glyph when doing horridon just to make sure that they wont get 1shot by double swipe. Also attack the dino add when the trap is about to be triggered else the snakes will go for some other target. (it does take some getting used to but helps damage on adds and boss alot)

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jamissr View Post
    awesome thanks. I do need to work on some macros for keeping things on horridon pet/ba/ss. Im bad about letting SS drop in general, and have been working on ways to help myself notice when its down on my current target.
    Use a mod that whitelists debuffs like Serpent Sting on your current target and shows it in the middle of your screen or some other high visibility area. Use non-default nameplates like TidyPlates/ThreatPlates that shows whitelisted debuffs. Use boss unitframes that do the same. Most of all use a mouseover Serpent Sting macro so you can just hover over that boss frame and serpent sting without retargeting.

Spec surv/bm
    Item Level 538
    Expectations: general improvement
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orboard/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y2ot1euwz2efniri/

ignore the ji'kun parse. was in the second nest group and was the first time doing the nests

Posting for a guildie here.

Spec Beast Mastery / Survival
    Item Level 538 equipped
    Expectations: Jin'Rokh and Horridon specifically, though Council would be appreciated if possible.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rmeny/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1082&e=1262
    Femaledwarf Link: http://www.femaledwarf.com/?setting_id=15051

From what I see for Jin'Rokh, he is reforging into crit rather than haste which is the wrong move with his RPPM gear. On Jin'Rokh he used 20 out of 25 possible Kill Commands, 5 out of 6 Dire Beasts, and 10 out of 12 possible glaive tosses (this is excluding readiness). He only used one Rapid Fire. His Serpent Sting fell off twice. I have a general idea that he should be much higher than 200k on this fight, but I would like an opinion of someone who knows more about hunters than I here.

Deleted
    On Jin'Rokh he seems to use his cooldowns in a bad way, on the pull instead of the 1st puddle. Also I don't see a sign of him actually using readiness. Also I'd suggest you guys pop BL at the 1st puddle instead of at the end since when everyone saves their pot+cd's for the 1st puddle you will gain alot more damage over pre-pot+cd's on pull and then use BL on the second puddle.
    For Horridon he seems to have his pet stuck on the direhorn spirit, which is fine as SV but more optimal would be using snake trap to keep it away and have the pet sit on Horridon/adds 90% of the fight only using it as a last resort get that dino away from me and even then shooting 2 arcanes+ disengage and wait for another snake trap is more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Meraned View Post
    On Jin'Rokh he seems to use his cooldowns in a bad way, on the pull instead of the 1st puddle. Also I don't see a sign of him actually using readiness. Also I'd suggest you guys pop BL at the 1st puddle instead of at the end since when everyone saves their pot+cd's for the 1st puddle you will gain alot more damage over pre-pot+cd's on pull and then use BL on the second puddle.
    For Horridon he seems to have his pet stuck on the direhorn spirit, which is fine as SV but more optimal would be using snake trap to keep it away and have the pet sit on Horridon/adds 90% of the fight only using it as a last resort get that dino away from me and even then shooting 2 arcanes+ disengage and wait for another snake trap is more effective.
    With a 3 minute fight duration, using 2 minute CDs at the start is a gain. Mathematically, it is the best place to use them. Using BL on the first pool is strictly worse than on the second pool if the fight duration is greater than 2:40. I can provide proof for this if you'd like.

Deleted
    Thing is we don't have 2 min cd's Readiness/Stampede are 5min RF is 3min and BW is 1min..

Deleted
    It's really frustrating that I can't post any links here due to the fact that I recently started using this acc -_-

Deleted
    Just post them with spaces or remove the dots. We don't really mind it's 10sec of work to get the links working then or Draco/Tehstool could fix them for you.