Page 44 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Spec Beastmastery
    Item Level 567
    Expectations: 300k-350k DPS
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...azzie/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: Warcraft Logs, not WoL: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bLV42cjmKWptMwN9
    Femaledwarf Link: N/A

Would like some outside comparison between myself (Spazzie) and our other Hunter (Beardfantasy). A "2 for 1 improvement session", if you will.
    not sure what tactic you use for IJ but judging by the logs you use the "stack really far away on siege mode" tactic.

Seeing as thats the tactic you use, I don't think 300k+ is realistic in your gear.

Your damage breakdown looks fine.

As for beard: he's not hitcapped for one. You both need to work on your openers a little bit as well, try the glaives 2 seconds before pull to proc trinkets early and then make sure you follow your priority correctly.

Syncing stampede with AoC proc is fairly important for BM too. Yours seemed to proc before the logs even began and your stampede didn't come until 2 seconds later. You could probably ask your shaman to BL like 2 seconds after the pull as well just to give peoples trinkets a chance.

As far as I can tell the effective uptime on the boss is around 5 minutes and your ability usage does seem to match up with it.

Yup. We get thrown away from boss. The boss isn't new to me (used to play Disc), but our first kill in this guild (and as a Hunter) was last week.

I usually Glaive/Potion at 1 sec on timer. Is 2 really better, going with your "trinket procced before the fight" comment? I SS after GT, Rapid Fire/Dire Beast next, Stampede, then BW/KC, Arcane spam. Is delaying Stampede for AoC proc definitely better? I had a slow time proc'ing it a few attempts on IJ.

I know, generally, what to look for myself, but an outside look is always helpful too. Thanks.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Deleted
    Yup. We get thrown away from boss. The boss isn't new to me (used to play Disc), but our first kill in this guild (and as a Hunter) was last week.

I usually Glaive/Potion at 1 sec on timer. Is 2 really better, going with your "trinket procced before the fight" comment? I SS after GT, Rapid Fire/Dire Beast next, Stampede, then BW/KC, Arcane spam. Is delaying Stampede for AoC proc definitely better? I had a slow time proc'ing it a few attempts on IJ.

I know, generally, what to look for myself, but an outside look is always helpful too. Thanks.
    The idea with the pre-cast GT is that it takes ~2 seconds to reach the boss assuming max range, and it doesn't proc trinkets/calculate it's damage until it hits the boss, meaning it is an additional ability hitting the boss when the count down hits 0 meaning it should hopefully proc ted/aoc, which is great because it means you can get in a high stack ted + aoc KC very early on (Theoretically at least, my AOC has a habit of waiting at least 5 seconds before it wants to proc >.>)

Quote Originally Posted by Connorizm View Post
    The idea with the pre-cast GT is that it takes ~2 seconds to reach the boss assuming max range, and it doesn't proc trinkets/calculate it's damage until it hits the boss, meaning it is an additional ability hitting the boss when the count down hits 0 meaning it should hopefully proc ted/aoc, which is great because it means you can get in a high stack ted + aoc KC very early on (Theoretically at least, my AOC has a habit of waiting at least 5 seconds before it wants to proc >.>)
    Yeah, I got into the habit of hitting GT at 1 sec for fear of pulling early and messing up other peoples' pre-pots, plus I'm not always at max range. I figure, either way, it's not too significant of a difference so long as I get the rest right. And yeah, my AoC doesn't like to proc right away anyway. ^_^
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Deleted
    Yeah, I got into the habit of hitting GT at 1 sec for fear of pulling early and messing up other peoples' pre-pots, plus I'm not always at max range. I figure, either way, it's not too significant of a difference so long as I get the rest right. And yeah, my AoC doesn't like to proc right away anyway. ^_^
    Haha it took me a little to get the timing right, got accused of ninja pulling a few times ;P

The logs showed that your dextrous procced before the fight began which is odd, but yes stampede and dextrous is a big deal for all specs, I'll always delay my stampede for it unless I'll lose uptime later on the fight (usually wont happen).

Other than that it's going to come down to the finer points of the rotation to polish your dps. Planning your focus so you have enough during BW to spam, not focus firing before or during BW, higher uptime on serpent sting, making sure you get 2 kill commands during BW etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    The logs showed that your dextrous procced before the fight began which is odd, but yes stampede and dextrous is a big deal for all specs, I'll always delay my stampede for it unless I'll lose uptime later on the fight (usually wont happen).
    Outside two last fights hc, none of the fights nowadays last enough for you to lose stampede. If fight lasts for 7 minutes or a bit more, then you have to use stampede on cd, but anything below that you can use only two stampedes so they are worth delaying for trinkets.

Deleted
    Hi,
    I don't really have a problem with my overall DPS in particular, just a pet problem.

Today I noticed my pet averages ~5 million damage done less with his melee than my friend's, so I looked into it and the problem is he does a lot less attacks during the fight (around 2/3 total melee hits at every fight). We are both survival with comparable gear, mine probably a bit better. We both go crit > haste > mastery with the same talent choices. I have rabid on autocast, pet on assist and /petattack macroed under explosive shot, which could cause some problems, but I don't think it would be this major. Any idea what could cause the problem?

Example log here from our HC Malkorok kill, the noted pets are Ponta (mine) and Crit (his).
    For reference - mine and his armory.

Thanks in advance for any input, even unrelated. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Cellmate View Post
    Hi,
    I don't really have a problem with my overall DPS in particular, just a pet problem.

Today I noticed my pet averages ~5 million damage done less with his melee than my friend's, so I looked into it and the problem is he does a lot less attacks during the fight (around 2/3 total melee hits at every fight). We are both survival with comparable gear, mine probably a bit better. We both go crit > haste > mastery with the same talent choices. I have rabid on autocast, pet on assist and /petattack macroed under explosive shot, which could cause some problems, but I don't think it would be this major. Any idea what could cause the problem?

Example log here from our HC Malkorok kill, the noted pets are Ponta (mine) and Crit (his).
    For reference - mine and his armory.

Thanks in advance for any input, even unrelated. ^^
    You don't use Stampede glyph while he does, means his Stampede dmg gets rolled into the autoattack dmg of his pet on logs.

/petattack in a macro where you spam it a lot has been known to reset pet swing timers.

I would macro it to something you use less often like black arrow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    You don't use Stampede glyph while he does, means his Stampede dmg gets rolled into the autoattack dmg of his pet on logs.
    That will probably be it, how stupid of me not to think about that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    /petattack in a macro where you spam it a lot has been known to reset pet swing timers.

I would macro it to something you use less often like black arrow.
    Didn't know that, thanks!

Deleted
    Hey guys, i am rarely playing wow anymore but when i do i seem to suck <: i especially got problems with galakras / immerseus were i seem to struggle a lot (spoils too); we are in the process of equipping people to so my fails are even worse so i would like to get some help.

wol: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z7inv5jqesaqxge8/
    warcraftlogs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...fYjd6p#fight=7
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d%C3%AA/simple

ilvl was 569 in this log / galakras was 570 (wf cleave trinket). with that ilvl / gear i should to more dmg on aoe fights (or in general for that matter) but besides improvements on dot uptime i dont see much myself. talents should be alright but not sure about crows on immerseus. blink strikes always seems to make my pet go away cuz it jumps behind the boss and i am out of range for it (i am positioned far away)

anyone willing to help will get my esport money

Spec Beastmastery-Survival:which is better regarding my ilvl
    Item Level 566
    Armory Link:eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-halls/Minorthreat/simple

What would be the ideal opening rotation with my gear and what stats priority i have to reforge to?

Regards,Minorthreat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mondobizzaro View Post
    Spec Beastmastery-Survival:which is better regarding my ilvl
    Item Level 566
    Armory Link:eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-halls/Minorthreat/simple

What would be the ideal opening rotation with my gear and what stats priority i have to reforge to?

Regards,Minorthreat
    Lacking 4set, a lot haste in gear, full legendarys. I'd go for BM with haste>mastery>crit. Since you have aoc and haroms, I'd say opener looks something like this
    -4. hunters mark
    -3. Misdirection
    -2. glaive toss
    -1. prepot
    -0. serpent sting
    1. stampede, rapid fire, blood fury
    2. BW+KC
    3. Dire Beast
    4. Arcane shot spam untill next KC and continue rotation. This assumes your aoc and harom both proc at the opener.

With Ticking Ebon Detonator you chance places of stampede and BW+KC combo since you wan't your KC to hit with maxinum stacks of TED

E. Swap places of dire beast and bw+kc
    Last edited by mmoce9f8e04ff2; 2014-05-07 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    Lacking 4set, a lot haste in gear, full legendarys. I'd go for BM with haste>mastery>crit. Since you have aoc and haroms, I'd say opener looks something like this
    -4. hunters mark
    -3. Misdirection
    -2. glaive toss
    -1. prepot
    -0. serpent sting
    1. stampede, rapid fire, blood fury
    2. BW+KC
    3. Dire Beast
    4. Arcane shot spam untill next KC and continue rotation. This assumes your aoc and harom both proc at the opener.

With Ticking Ebon Detonator you chance places of stampede and BW+KC combo since you wan't your KC to hit with maxinum stacks of TED
    Thanks a lot for the answer,i will test and post i guess
    Last edited by mondobizzaro; 2014-05-07 at 06:11 AM.

Deleted
    no one willing to help me out? got new lockout today and would like to improve on galakras etc =(

Quote Originally Posted by Whylde View Post
    Hey guys, i am rarely playing wow anymore but when i do i seem to suck <: i especially got problems with galakras / immerseus were i seem to struggle a lot (spoils too); we are in the process of equipping people to so my fails are even worse so i would like to get some help.

wol: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z7inv5jqesaqxge8/
    warcraftlogs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...fYjd6p#fight=7
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d%C3%AA/simple

ilvl was 569 in this log / galakras was 570 (wf cleave trinket). with that ilvl / gear i should to more dmg on aoe fights (or in general for that matter) but besides improvements on dot uptime i dont see much myself. talents should be alright but not sure about crows on immerseus. blink strikes always seems to make my pet go away cuz it jumps behind the boss and i am out of range for it (i am positioned far away)

anyone willing to help will get my esport money
    you weren't hitcapped but you've sorted that out.

You have a sub 40% BA uptime on immerseus, that's pretty bad. Depending on how the fight for you goes, just multishot once and then barrage and then get back to the boss.

I wouldn't use amoc on galakras, too little uptime on it. Go blink strikes instead.

On an almost 12 minute kill you could have used stampede another 2 times at least. I think you only used 2 on that fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whylde View Post
    no one willing to help me out? got new lockout today and would like to improve on galakras etc =(
    SV hunters aren't too fantastic at fights like Galakras compared to other classes and specs for raw dps output. One thing though if you want to improve your overall dps on those fights is that you should be multi-shotting instead of arcane shotting at 2 targets if you have toth charges. For example, if you stack them on protectors, you should barely have more than 1-2 arcane shots throughout the whole fight, unless of course you need to burn the anguish down before it kills someone. I mean this really depends on the type of guild you are in though. Same for Galakras, multi-shot at 2 targets, stick your black arrow on the mob with the highest health, overall you don't seem to be doing too bad in all honestly, it's good you're looking to improve though.

Oh one thing. You aren't using your engineering gloves as much as you could on some fights. Just macro /use 10 into your spells. In 95% of cases this will be the most optimal way of using them.
    Last edited by mmoce7fe1d879b; 2014-05-08 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    thanks for the reply, we dont aoe protectors so i didnt mention them. gonna fix some stuff and see how it turns out today

finished for today, did worse than last week, yay =( seriously how can one suck so much, last week #12 on noru and this week its like i played without my monitor turned on O.o
    Last edited by mmoc14773dad0e; 2014-05-08 at 08:53 PM.

Hey guys, I think I am doing something wrong here.. I cant keep up with the dps of my guild, as you can see in the WoL. Though some have the legendary cloak and I know thats a huge upgrade and all, but yeah.

Armory
    WoL (not sure what to post here, so here is the over all thingy I think)

I've been messing with both BM and Surv this run, to see if I can do something about the dps by changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore