Thread: Camping GY

Camping GY

Can someone explain to me why people camp GY? I understand that in WSG has some tactical advantage (pin down opponent while your group takes all flags). But why when enemy has few bases? Today in AB I got pinned down to starting GY by a lock and holy paladin. As a warrior I was sitting duck. They would kill me, take my insignia and wait for me to repop. After 3rd death, I corpse walked to farm, rezzed and defended farm while those 2 waited for me at starting area. Later they pinned down one shaman who did what I did after few minutes. If ally had 4 bases I'd understand why would they pin enemy at GY. But those two didn't contributed to their team. We took farm fast, they 2 were killing just one of horde, so we had more people in game... There we no tactical reason for that? Why is the point? They got beaten up IRL so they want to camp single guy and kick him while he's down? After you ress, one against healer+dps is helpless so it's like hitting a child. They get hard on or something? They reminded me of that fat slab from South Park/WoW episode. I know there isn't much honor in WoW PvP (or else rogues wouldn0t existed) but what was the thing camping one guy at GY without contributing to your team. We won without much problems.

It gives the campers a feeling of power if they manage to pin down the whole enemy team. That's why I like it.
    Last edited by Piggo; 2011-10-16 at 04:44 PM.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly crétins going for the gy in ab regardless of how the team is doing or what bases they have is common on both factions in my battlegroup too...something to get used to. :-(

I personally use every chance I get to kill people in BGs; it always gets me one step closer to 250,000 HKs. (which is obviously something I'm aiming to achieve one day)
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2011-10-16 at 05:55 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

15+ Year Old Account
    It´s fun if it´s helpfull. Which is not if you´re losing...
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Quote Originally Posted by Piggo View Post
    It gives the campers a feeling of power if they manage to pin down the whole enemy team. That's why I like it.
    i can understand if they pin whole team. but two of them pinned only me. as for reaching certain amount of hk's, they have better chance when fighting larger group than camping for only one person. and i doubt it's for wrecking ball achi, because they did die at some point. and i must say i felt great when i killed both of them little later. i dunno, that seems like someone who is short/skinny/miserable person is trying to be bully in virtual world. that is sad, at least from my point of view