Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Atramedes Solo Kill, Epic Gem Patterns, TCG Art, MMO Report

Atramedes Solo Kill
    Mionelol is continuing to kill bosses without any help, now moving into Tier 11 content. If you want to watch all 40 minutes, the uncut version is also available.

Patch 4.3: Epic Gem Patterns
    The epic gem pattern vendor appeared recently on the PTR, hiding inside some boxes in Orgrimmar. Along with the epic gem cuts, he offers a Tome of Burning Jewels, which allows you to learn a random epic gem cut at the slightly discounted price of 4 Illustrious Jewelcrafter's Token each.

Don't forget to continue doing your Jewelcrafting daily if you want to get the epic gem cuts though, as they cost 5 Illustrious Jewelcrafter's Token each and there are already 51 recipes on the vendor. Keep in mind that Ghostcrawler warned that epic gems will only come from raids rarely, and maybe not even at all from the Looking for Raid difficulty level.

Trading Card Game Art Gallery Update
    The Trading Card game art gallery has been updated with ten new pieces.

MMO-Report
    We get a little bit more love in The MMO Report this week, which has SWTOR and Minecraft.

Deleted
    Seems cool :P

Meh, I'm so jealous of hunters when they to those kind of things!

thank god i have something to spend the endless supply of jc tokens ive had saved up!

Deleted
    YEY...epic gems!!starting to stack tokens

Deleted
    The random recipe design seems interesting.

This is going to bring so much QQ to the nerfing of content again

yeah why not ^^ we made it last week 9 dps 1 tank cause we where bored , but still would be way to bored to take 40 min to solo him ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I just being stupid or is the wording a bit iffy on this?

The epic gem pattern vendor appeared recently on the PTR, hiding inside some boxes in Orgrimmar. Along with the epic gem cuts, he offers a Tome of Burning Jewels, which allows you to learn a random epic gem cut at the slightly discounted price of 4 Illustrious Jewelcrafter's Token each.

Don't forget to continue doing your Jewelcrafting daily if you want to get the epic gem cuts though, as they cost 5 Illustrious Jewelcrafter's Token each and there are already 51 recipes on the vendor.
    So what it means (I assume) is that you can buy a random pattern for 4 tokens or a specific one for 5 tokens? And I also assume it will be like the inscription books? So after you buy the first few vitals amongst your guild, who on earth would bother buying them for 5 tokens when you can buy them for 4?

As I said, maybe I'm just overthinking this and being stupid but it just seems a bit unclear and also a bit useless, I mean, who would pay more for something they can get for less. Besides, you won't have these epic gems on day one, so you're better off buying randoms by which time you get a gem, probability says you'll have the recipe to cut it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Please, give alchemists something new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    This is going to bring so much QQ to the nerfing of content again
    Or QQ to nerfing hunters...

solo atramedes

the solo kill isnt all that impressive witht he way the fight has been nerfed to the ground good job regardless just i kinda feel like soloing this kill with the way it is now isnt much of a test to min's skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Am I just being stupid or is the wording a bit iffy on this?

So what it means (I assume) is that you can buy a random pattern for 4 tokens or a specific one for 5 tokens? And I also assume it will be like the inscription books? So after you buy the first few vitals amongst your guild, who on earth would bother buying them for 5 tokens when you can buy them for 4?

As I said, maybe I'm just overthinking this and being stupid but it just seems a bit unclear and also a bit useless, I mean, who would pay more for something they can get for less. Besides, you won't have these epic gems on day one, so you're better off buying randoms by which time you get a gem, probability says you'll have the recipe to cut it.

The way I took this was that you need 4 JC tokens to get a Illustrious JC token, AND you need 5 Illustrious JC tokens to get a random recipe. Thus you need 20 JC tokens to get 1 random recipe. (Please correct me if I am reading this wrong.)

I would not have the patience for soloing something that takes that long. O.o Same reason I haven't killed the Whale Shark yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    The way I took this was that you need 4 JC tokens to get a Illustrious JC token, AND you need 5 Illustrious JC tokens to get a random recipe. Thus you need 20 JC tokens to get 1 random recipe. (Please correct me if I am reading this wrong.)
    Definately reading it wrong mate We currently get 1 Illustriuous Jewelcrafter Token as a reward for doing the daily.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

In before we have over 100 comments arguing whatever a exploit was used or not (looking at you, other atremedes solo thread...) Very nice kill though IMHO!

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The epic gem pattern vendor appeared recently on the PTR, hiding inside some boxes in Orgrimmar
    LOLWAT? Could we get some better screenshots of this? Hahah....
    Last edited by Bareno; 2011-10-16 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    Nope, 4 tokens for random, 5 for specefic.

Once again, another unimaginative attempt from Blizzard on Epic gems. This not only enables certain people stacking up JC daily tokens to dominate the market on their realm, but forces the ones that haven't already stacked them, to do so.

All in all, you're just forced again to do those repetitive quests over and over and over again. I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed.

Why not introduce a new method for epic gems?
    ~

Grats to Mione as well! I like the addons for the impact indicators, they really grabs one's attention! Does anyone know what it's called?