Thread: Heroic Ragnaros

Deleted

Heroic Ragnaros

Hello guys, were progressing on heroic ragnaros, but the adds wont go so well.
    Our setup is:

Tanks:
    Blood Death Knight
    Protection Paladin

Healers:
    Restoration Druid
    Restoration Shaman

DPS:
    Affliction Warlock
    Shadow Priest
    Elemental shaman
    Arcane Mage
    Fury Warrior
    Marksmanship Hunter

got any tips to deal with adds? Currently our dps is too low to aoe the adds, so we spread and they stay alive very long.

Deleted
    Your dps setup is very similar to ours.

What we do is spread during all of p2, when the seeds spawn we all stack up in the middle for CDs, healing and so we can get some dps on the elementals before they reach us. We then continue to have each person dps down their "own" elemental, then helping healers/tanks out. It's not the most optimal way, but it gets the job done and you only need to do it 3 times (at least with out dps, yours might be higher/lower, I dno).
    A suggestion is having your priest get 2 points in Paralysis, helps with some of the dmg.

Something you should remember is that the only timer you're fighting against in p2 is the healers' manabars, so as long as you do it good and don't take unessecary damage you can afford to take your time with it.
    Last edited by mmoc2c18626f4d; 2011-10-16 at 08:31 PM. Reason: spaces

I would suggest having the arcane mage spawn his seed outside everyone elses, then when the elementals spawn he can blink into the group and Arcane Explotion them down. Also make sure the hunter/warlockpet is running with the elementals so the SP can mindsear as they spawn.

Ask your lock to go demo so his pet can demolish the adds, your shadow priest and hunter should be able to nuke aoe the rest.

Affli really isn't that great on ragnaros if you can't deal with the adds.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Use the mage to blink in, make him use Mage Ward and Mana shield to gain +4k SP for 10 seconds, Arcane explosion them down then.

As you have more than one shaman, I believe glyphed grounding totem allows you to get one less add if you drop it at the right time... though I'd like somebody else to back me up on this, as I'm not sure of the exact method or mechanic of it. I know it's similar to using BoP to avoid getting an add.

Either way though, using the shamans to your advantage, and the pally too, would be quite helpful I imagine.

The lock should REALLY be Demo, though, especially as saving Doomguard for P3 is a huge chunk of extra DPS for the burn to get two or even one meteor, and the extra aoe certainly helps too.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-10-17 at 12:13 AM.

u have more than satisfactory raid setup, u just need a good strat:

have ur hunter place a slow trap next to the pile of adds. have ur mage spawn his add there. as u are progressing i am assuming u are getting at least 3 waves, so make sure he uses mana shield + ward on all + separating cds(according to the lock and sp to even out the aoe). have ur SP mind sear on top of him while he(the mage) goes batshit crazy Arc. expl.

u can do the same thing with a warlocks portal, just make sure whoever is going in there does it with blink/portal and doesnt mess up the timing.

also its an absolute must that ur druid put mushrooms as they do ridiculous dmg. also according to ur setup ur hunter should be on top, if not he is not doing it right.

finally i would highly advice that ur raid gets an addon for nameplates, which show if u have aggro on the mob(such an addon is TidyPlates, pretty much all nameplate addons have it) if you want to min/max everything, so for example if your fury warrior doesnt have an add he can jump in the pile and go nuts.

hunter should have a macro which targets the molten elemental, casts multi, then retargets rag

should look like:

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
    /tar Molten Elemental
    /cast Multi-Shot
    /target Ragnaros

Perhaps this can help?
    angeredguild.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=73