Almost got jumped

Just got home from work and while walking to my apartment from my car the local drug dealing scum and his friend walked up behind me and started talking shit to each other. The way they came up behind me and how loud they where being I believe they where trying to get me to turn around or look behind myself and at that point they would had attacked.

Or am I just being paranoid?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, is the drug dealer a reverse weeping angel; he can only attack you if you look at him?

Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    I'm confused, is the drug dealer a reverse weeping angel; he can only attack you if you look at him?
    lmao just what I was thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should of stopped walking and turned around slowly with the most creepiest smile humanly imaginable.

i dont think that. if they wanted to jump you they did it why should they care if you looked at them?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    i dont think that. if they wanted to jump you they did it why should they care if you looked at them?
    I'm going to go with this. Thank you.

If you are gonna jump someone, Wouldn't it be better if they didn't look at you?

They wanna see the fear in his eyes before they jump him.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    I'm going to go with this. Thank you.
    Don't forget the scary kitchen knife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I think they were just trying to scare you in case you saw something you shouldn't of saw.

if they were going to jump you, they would have done it?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but attacking you from behind would be 10x more efficient and 10x more to their benefit.

You facing them would allow for you to punch and kick them, while being visually aware of their movement, so you'd be able to fight back, block, all of that. From behind they would be able to incapacitate you without much problem only facing an issue of being elbowed, but comparatively that's not much of a worry in the larger picture.

You're just being terribly paranoid, it's borderline comical even. Sounds like they were just being obnoxious and loud, and if anything trying to scare you. If they were going to jump you, they would have, or at least made an attempt to. They wouldn't just be behind you talking loud.

Stay out of their way, pay no attention to them, and they'll stay out of yours. Don't go making yourself an easy target.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

You didn't 'almost get jumped'.

They were either seeing if you could be easily intimidated, or they really didn't care that you were there in front of them.

Well may just as well have been the case. Don't know where you are from but here are enough youths often with who take looking at them as a pretense for a confrontation especially when people feel they have the upper hand in this. Had similar encounters and often in these taking a close look at the person that is trying to get attention via overly loud behaviour triggered the argument and the sometimes following violence.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2011-10-17 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Well may just as well have been the case. Don't know where you are from but here are enough youths often with who take looking at them as a pretense for a confrontation especially when people feel they have the upper hand in this. Had similar encounters and often in these taking a close look at the person that is trying to get attention via overly loud behaviour triggered the argument and the sometimes following violence.
    This is why people should wear long trench coats with baseball bats sheathed under it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

As others said, no reason to stage a fight between two bros so you can start a fight with some random person. If they were going to jump you, you would have had your face bashed into the concrete. They wouldn't want you to turn around and look at them, you could easily identify them as who and what they are.

How did you know they're the local scumbag drug dealers... DID YOU BUY DRUGS FROM THESE KIDS?!?!

But for real, they wouldn't have done anything to you, you're just paranoid. Which reminds me of Ozzy. Thanks

And this is why you carry weapons...regardless if you think you need them or not

Deleted
    You didn't just get jumped. They were just messing with you to scare you.

If they wanted to jump you, they'd have done it wether or not you were looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP got his answer, nothing left to post except repetitive stuff; closing.