Disc Priest raid comp/reforge 6/7 heroic

Well i finally got 6/7 heroic today, very happy but im trying to get better and was hoping that other ppl with more experence could possible give me assistance

link to my armory us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Lifenet/advanced

and a link to tonights wol worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rv0jfdzvijggylzo/details/5/?s=8113&e=8567

it seems like no matter what i do i cannot beat our holy pally, we mainly two heroic all the heroic's outside beth and aly. ive tried almost every combination of reforging for disc and am about rdy to give holy a try in a attempt to outheal our pally!!plz help

Well one thing i noticed from your armory is that you're completely stacking mastery but your mastery rating is quite low for your content level. So maybe for now you should consider stacking haste because all of your gear seems to have that as the main secondary stat. Also make sure your enchants and gems match your stat selection. You should also enchant your bracers with 50 int and replace all your 20 spir/int gems with 40 int gems. Your spirit is also quite high so dont be afraid of reforging out of spirit or replacing a few spirit pieces with non spirit items

Deleted
    Reforge out of spirit. 2200 could be a good beginning. Learn to time your raptures.
    INT on bracers.
    You flash heal too much IMO. Difficult to say with 3 fights but for it to be your first healing spell on ragnaros is surprising to me. I use Binding heal a lot. Much more efficient (if you won't overheal).
    You can probably move those two points from Veiled shadows to Darkness, but that's preference, really.
    GL
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-10-17 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    Reforge out of spirit. 2200 could be a good beginning. Learn to time your raptures.
    INT on bracers.
    You flash heal too much IMO. Difficult to say with 3 fights but for it to be your first healing spell on ragnaros is surprising to me. I use Binding heal a lot. Much more efficient (if you won't overheal).
    You can probably move those two points from Veiled shadows to Darkness, but that's preference, really.
    GL
    Ya ive been wanting to switch that talent! I reforged alot of my spirt into haste im sitting at 2421 spirit but atm i dont have any none spirt gear to replace any of my pieces. wont be able to see how it all works out till reset.

Thanks for the info peeps!!

People who think Healing Meters matter are bad healers.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by voorshwa View Post

Bob
    People who don't too. It's just a matter of being able to read them correctly, which alot of people don't seem able to.

Deleted
    why use flash heal at all? i never use flash heal as disc... Greater heal is way better and you have plenty of time to get ppl up after each trap

If you wanna beat that holy pally of yours get rid of your mastery and run a haste/crit build instead - its way better for 10 man

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithranlas View Post
    why use flash heal at all? i never use flash heal as disc... Greater heal is way better and you have plenty of time to get ppl up after each trap

If you wanna beat that holy pally of yours get rid of your mastery and run a haste/crit build instead - its way better for 10 man
    Never is such a strong word. I use flash heal a lot more these days, because raid/tank healing has been reduced or outgeared so much that you don't really need to be able to burst through it anymore, and due to that the mana you need is a lot less, and that opens up for life saving flash heals instead of the slower not so life saving greater heals. Oh and greater heal is awful on baleroc for stack building.

On topic here's how you beat the paladin:
    Shannox, make sure you're healing the shannox tank, he requires the most healing. Alternate between healing him and the rageface soaker.
    Rhylioth, force your paladin to heal the tank(s) while you just spam PoH and PWS/penance on tank.
    Alysrazor, make sure goushing wound doesn't drop off, build DA via PoH at the start of the burn phase, and make sure you have full mana when alys wakes up, towards 30-40 energy you start spamming pws on everyone.
    Baleroc, very dependant on rotation, but convince the paladin to heal the shard people at the end while you keep the tank up, again this boss is rather dependant on how you did this boss originally, cause the way we planned our healing rotation I as the disc priest always ended up with double the healing of our paladin, meanwhile you have it the other way around.
    Domo: Assuming 0 slashes, pick up attonement and nuke the cat, always cast a shield on the tank. If slashes tactic with 3 people out, put the paladin+tank in the other grp and spam poh+pws on tank.
    Beth: Just heal normally till p2 starts then start PoH spamming both groups with pws on the tank, if the tank dies blame the paladin
    Rag normal: ... normal mode who cares?

Oh and you got the wrong mindset the idea is not to beat the paladin, the idea is to beat all the other disc priests on world of logs, while still making sure you don't wipe because of it

Btw there is no reforge to better healing as disc, they all work very well and have their own strengths and weakness'.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-10-18 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voorshwa View Post

Bob
    It's not that they matter hugely, but they can reflect who's the better Healer. If someone's consistently behind another Healer, then they're most likely not as good as them and should try to improve, which is exactly what's happening with the OP here.

Well my heals seamed to be higher across the board last night, I really tried to ensure i timed my raptures throught the raid mana ever was really an issue.

Its not OMG i must be on the top of the healing meters, cause if that was the cause we would never get any of the heroic down that we allready have. I do my job and she does her's and we get stuff done i just wanted make sure that the 1k or so hps that she is allways higher than me isnt something that i can fix to make the fights easier.

Thanks for everyone that have given me helpful information

Here is my WOL from last night raid

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wcn59ey217rbgt5k/details/54/[/url]

My only suggestion would be using Power Infusion more on yourself. In the 7 min Beth fight you gained the buff twice where you would have been able to fit a third in. I didn’t see it used at all in your longest Lord Ryo attempt (5ish mins).

Maybe bubble more on Shannox, rolling one on the OT, MT and whoever Rageface is on at all times usually inflates the numbers.