Question Simple question.

I play a Warlock I'm wow. I love DoT based classes. What class would be the most similar in sw:tor? Because from what ive seen there isnt a class that is solely DoT based.

No, I'm not looking to play another warlock. I just like the idea of slowly consuming my enemies from the inside out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure if there is a DoT based Talent Tree, but some classes have DoTs that we know of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not 100% on this one but i believe the bounty hunters firebug tree to focus mostly on dots. Alto also alot on flametrowers which would make themm more like a shadow
    priest. ( flametrower beign like mind flay )

It is hard to say for certain until we get full talent trees released, but looking at the lethality tree for IAs:
    http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes
    Leverages the toxic power of poisons to debilitate enemies over the course of a long fight.
    Plus the 2 abilities talk about poisons like they are dots (or at least debuffs).
    That is the shared tree, so both ACs get that as well as smugglers their mirror.

Of course the madness tree for SI (shared tree again) and their mirror the JCs talk about DoTs too.

So that only narrows it down to half the classes in the game, haha.

Basically OP, we won't really know until the game goes live.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Inquisitors and Consulars get trees called Corruption and Balance, respectively. They are the shared tree, so will be available to both ACs, and are heavily DoT damage based. To make it like a warlock though you'd want to go with the caster AC, which is Sorcerer and Sage (as opposed to the melee ACs, which I guess would make it kinda like a feral druid?).
    Last edited by GarGar; 2011-10-18 at 08:03 AM.