Resto Shaman going Ele need some quick tips.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amanist/simple armory link

Pulling 20k DPS on target dummies atm with bad trinket and CD usage, and a little know how...

Few questions: Do I want Glyph of FS or Unleashed Lightning? Is my spec right? Aside from my Resto pieces how is my gear looking? What is the real rotation, I don't trust the WoW forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amanist/simple armory link

Pulling 20k DPS on target dummies atm with bad trinket and CD usage, and a little know how...

Few questions: Do I want Glyph of FS or Unleashed Lightning? Is my spec right? Aside from my Resto pieces how is my gear looking? What is the real rotation, I don't trust the WoW forums.
    You'll want both Glyph of Flameshock and Unleashed Lightning, replace either Lightning Bolt or Lava Burst with Unleashed Lightning. There is little difference between those two, so just pick the one you like better.
    Your spec is pretty much the standard spec, no problems there.

There's not so much a rotation as a priority list, Searing Totem/Fire Elemental Totem > Flame Shock (If not already on) > Lava Burst whenever it's off cooldown > Fulmination at 7 or more stacks > Lightning Bolt as filler.
    Last edited by mmoc5e90b713f1; 2011-10-18 at 12:43 PM.

Hmm so Fulmination @ 7 or more. Is it safe to say once you get 7 just hit ES if you don't have Lava Burst or your DoTs up?

One more... how do I use Unleashed Elements in conjunction with Flame Shock and Lava Burst. Is possible to use them both on the same GCD with UE up thus giving you the fire buff to both spells? Therefore I would only use UE for FS mainly and LB+FS combo when I have the opportunity?

Deleted
    You don't use Unleashed Elements at all if you got the Unleashed Lightning Glyph.
    While it is technically possible to have it effect both LvB and FS at thesame time, it's generally too much effort to time it to be worth it. You'd have to use Unleashed Elements while LvB is ready and FS is about to expire.
    Seeing as you always hit LvB as soon as it's ready, this only occurs very rarely, and delaying LvB will be a DPS-loss.

I guess I should have clarified Fulmination a bit. When you hit 7 stacks of Lightning Shield, and LvB is on cooldown with FS still at the target, you must make sure FS still has at least 5 seconds remaining before hitting Fulmination.
    Reason being is that if FS has less than 5 seconds remaining, it will drop off before the shock cooldown is finished.

What do you do if you get 7 LS stacks, and FS is on 4 sec?

You hold off another ~1.5 seconds until you cast FS again. With the new 'clipping' mechanics to DoTs, it'll just add that remaining duration (so long as it's at the last tick of the DoT) to the new current duration.

Losing FS uptime is worse than losing some shield charges for Fulmination (Not to mention that starting thinking about using it on 7 and not 9, lessens these potential losses greatly)