Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syslord2k2 View Post
    From Kilees Thread:

Tier 13 4p - adds 194pp, increases Mastery by .05pp

Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor - increases Crit by .02PP

So no worries, just go ahead with full mastery and try to get Cunning of the cruel to replace VPLC.
    Ok thanks alot. Good to know I'm on the right track. Wish I could get Cunning of the Cruel, only seen it drop once and our mage got it

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Now this should be an interesting/amusing case for people.

Item level: 399 (when logs were done, notice I got the gloves and legs during this raid)
    Expectations: Around 38K according to SimCraft, not sure which buffs were expected, though. Edit: With the buffs we had and 400 ilvl apparently 30300 DPS (LOL)
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...chaki/advanced
    Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ij3iam4m7sainqhz/

So I'd guess mainly you can look at the Morchok, Yorsahj and Ultraxion fights since these were the Heroics we did and I admit I don't focus 100% during Normal kills. We were lacking a lot of caster buffs for this raid but we do have a nother Spriest in the raid with Legendary and a bit lower item level who you can compare with. Here's a link to his armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zeriv/advanced
    So I looked at your Ultraxion H kill and compared to mine. I do have legendary but am 5 ilvls lower than you with terrible trinkets. I noticed your dots were quite low 74%-78% and that you didn't seem to get as many mindblasts off as you should have. Also your MF uptime should be more around 55% vs 45%. I would say you just need to toe the fadinglight a bit more and make sure your getting your dots back up as soon as your MS/MB rotation is over.

Compared to my log which I have DI in you seem to do alright just your dot times are low and you need to get more mindblasts off.

Deleted
    Item Level: 396 Equipped w/ Legendary.
    Expectations: Based on personal standards, 39-40K w/ this gear.
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...9ared/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: HC Ultra; http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6a...?s=2090&e=2423

I'm missing out on Mage buff but Flametongue compensates, so in reality only really "missing" 10% SP off a Demo/Ele. Still, have known other SPriests of my iLvl or similar to do much more DPS and (from what I can see) there's not a lot wrong with my rotation. Just looking for tips (macros included) on how I can just gain that little extra edge.
    Also, as we're now progressing on WM HC, tips on how to improve my DPS for that fight, too? I can track my DoTs on multiple targets fairly well, but just wanting more general tips on how to maximize performance on that fight, really.
    Any help much appreciated.
    Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2012-02-22 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathzero View Post
    So I looked at your Ultraxion H kill and compared to mine. I do have legendary but am 5 ilvls lower than you with terrible trinkets. I noticed your dots were quite low 74%-78% and that you didn't seem to get as many mindblasts off as you should have. Also your MF uptime should be more around 55% vs 45%. I would say you just need to toe the fadinglight a bit more and make sure your getting your dots back up as soon as your MS/MB rotation is over.

Compared to my log which I have DI in you seem to do alright just your dot times are low and you need to get more mindblasts off.
    Thanks . When looking at it 1 MB for every 12.50 sec does seem like a way too big gap, I'll work on that. Kinda surprised to see my DoT refreshing being too low since I'd guess I have too much focus on it by even refreshing like mad during procs like ES, trinket, power torrent etc. What I think my biggest weakness overall is my MF uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Item Level: 396 Equipped w/ Legendary.
    Expectations: Based on personal standards, 39-40K w/ this gear.
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...9ared/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: HC Ultra; http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6a...?s=2090&e=2423

I'm missing out on Mage buff but Flametongue compensates, so in reality only really "missing" 10% SP off a Demo/Ele. Still, have known other SPriests of my iLvl or similar to do much more DPS and (from what I can see) there's not a lot wrong with my rotation. Just looking for tips (macros included) on how I can just gain that little extra edge.
    Also, as we're now progressing on WM HC, tips on how to improve my DPS for that fight, too? I can track my DoTs on multiple targets fairly well, but just wanting more general tips on how to maximize performance on that fight, really.
    Any help much appreciated.
    EU armory is down atm so I can't comment much about your gear, dot uptimes look great.

Your second pot was used AFTER springs and AA, did your raid leader call for everyone to pot at that time?

A small dps trick for engineers is to double glove, by this i mean have a spare pair of gloves with springs on them and use it like a prepot and equip your other gloves so you can springs again in 15~ seconds.

DI from your warlock seems to have low uptimes, but based on logs it seems like hes a lot less geared than you.

For gunship, i focus goriona as she flies past, then double dot the drakes as they fly over. If you start on the roof of the cabin on the Left hand corner (facing the front of the boat) you should be able to do the drake with full dots + a couple of mind flay casts. As the other drake flies across I just vt/sw: p and drop down and begin dotting the melee adds.

Shadowfiend doesn't seem to like the drakes too much so I try to get it on the melee, last phase is the obvious double dot + spam dp when moving for shockwave.

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatari View Post
    EU armory is down atm so I can't comment much about your gear, dot uptimes look great.

Your second pot was used AFTER springs and AA, did your raid leader call for everyone to pot at that time?

A small dps trick for engineers is to double glove, by this i mean have a spare pair of gloves with springs on them and use it like a prepot and equip your other gloves so you can springs again in 15~ seconds.

DI from your warlock seems to have low uptimes, but based on logs it seems like hes a lot less geared than you.

For gunship, i focus goriona as she flies past, then double dot the drakes as they fly over. If you start on the roof of the cabin on the Left hand corner (facing the front of the boat) you should be able to do the drake with full dots + a couple of mind flay casts. As the other drake flies across I just vt/sw: p and drop down and begin dotting the melee adds.

Shadowfiend doesn't seem to like the drakes too much so I try to get it on the melee, last phase is the obvious double dot + spam dp when moving for shockwave.
    Cheers, much appreciated. I had absolutely no idea about the glove trick, might well start giving it a try ^^. Is there a way to macro it so I could bind it to a single keybind, or am I just clicking about randomly just before pull?

I popped pot after AA and Springs to line up with Hero. The hero call came earlier than I expected (was expecting sub-25%, so was lining up CDs for that time, instead came up at ~35%). I suppose I could have waited till 25 seconds left on Hero to come back on CD, but I don't think AA would have, sadly. Was bad play on my part .

Out of interest, why focus Goriona? Easier switch at beginning of P2? Aye, I've started at the top on all of our attempts and got off double DoTs etc but my DPS still seems a little low, unfortunately (again, based on personal standards) .

But, seriously, appreciate the gloves trick .

Item Level: 396 equipped / 402
    Expectations: I want to squeese as much out as possible
    Armory Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/Corr/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ahomdlw2jwrjsow3/

I would really like someone that are good at analyzing logs to have a look at mine and tell me what I can change/improve. Since this I have gotten 4set instead of 2/2 that the logs are. What changes with 4 set? I'm already pretty much reforged for haste/mastery. Opener goes harder i suppose. Pre-fade and fiend, right? Is MS MS MS -> MB better than normal dot priorities when fiend is up? Saw someone write about an engineering glove macro to prechange gloves for double glove enchant. Can anyone tell me what this macro would look like? Please, feel free to tell me absolutely ANYTHING I can do to do more DPS! Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Raur0s View Post
    Item Level: 393
    Expectations: to pull out the dps what's in the gear and be competitive
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...axter/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...pes&boss=55294

Hey guys, I kinda in a desperate situation here. Last night, after defeating Yor'sahj HC, we started to progress on Ultraxion HC. I did this fight on normal modes enough to know what to expect regarding my DPS, but yesterday was disappointingly bad. On normal I usually around the 32-33k mark, but yesterday I was struggling to get 28k. Our raid was melee-heavy, we didn't have any caster buffs, but still, this DPS is humiliating to say the least.
    Looking at my DOT uptimes, they are quite decent, on fights where we failed because of the DPS, they were all 96%+, Mind Flay is 50+%, I use Mind Blast on cd, just like my DPS cd-s. I do exactly like I do in normal mode, and yet there's a 5k gap between the 2.

As for my gear, currently I'm reforged for Haste > Hit > Mastery > Crit for testing purposes, otherwise I run with Haste > Hit > Crit > Mastery since I still use the 2 piece t12 and the VPLC. For the other trinket slot, I tried both LFR Insignia of the Corrupted Mind and Bottled Wishes. I line up the bottled wishes with arcangel, and I refresh my dots every time the insignia procs (and right before it runs of for that matter).

My question is, is there something fundamentally wrong, or is it just a matter of fine tuning (pushing the dot uptime for example), and proper raid buffs?

Your help is very much appreciated.
    Nothing stands out to me on your armory.

I am mostly looking at what looks like your group's best attempt on Ultraxion which was Try 9: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...?s=8438&e=8793

On that try you actually had the bad luck of missing two spells and one of them was a Mind Blast, so that hurts. You did cast it enough and your uptimes on DoTs is also very good.

One thing that you are not doing that would probably help is using your T13 4pc bonus. It can be a pain on this fight but it is definitely worth using. Looking at the different tries it looks like your group started using the 2 heroism method. So you have 3 choices with this method:

1. Do regular rotation at the beginning.
    2. Use MS/MB in spite of the heroism.
    3. Phase out so you only get the second heroism.

Personally my pick is number 3, though it depends a lot on how fast you phase out and back in and get into the swing of things. You might have to try a few variations during the fight to find what feels the best to you. After the first Hour of Twilight things get really interesting with the MB/MS rotation. I generally find if I wait until after the first fading light happens, most of the time I won't get it and I can do my entire MB/MS rotation before the second one goes out. So that would be my advise on that one, use it right after a fading light you didn't get goes out.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 12:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valexie View Post
    Item Level - 388
    Expectations: Top of the charts, or at least Top 3
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lexie/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8oipmv5mdfz2zr57/

I don't know what I'm doing wrong... I've been bashing my head into a wall for days. I know my Uptimes are a little low, but no matter how I try to improve them I can't seem to.
    The Fractured Lightstone is a bad choice. If you really want the mastery at least go with Artful Lava Coral, but even so the Brilliant Queen's Garnet would still be a better choice (even the +40 one would be better) because mastery just doesn't outweigh Int even with the 4pc.

Also, I know our Major Glyphs are rather lackluster... but Glyphing Circle of Healing and PoM are really total wastes as shadow.

The real issue with your log is that it is a test dummy... so it's good for testing which rotations are higher dps or practicing getting the flow of the MS/MB rotation down, but not at all good for see'ing what dps you can do. Even with a rogue and two shammies with you it really doesn't tell anything useful. If you could get some other logs (even if it is just LFR) that would be much much better to give you feedback on.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fulbert View Post
    Item Level - 398
    Expectations: Crack 33k on Ultraxxion Heroic
    Armory Link: us . battle . net/wow/en/character/dark-iron/Fulbert/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs . com /reports/rt-1fdt04l3rtrpzc0v/details/4/?s=9648&e=9986

I seemed to have actually gone down in DPS from a couple weeks ago, granted that was normal mode so there was more uptime then. I've got 4 piece now and I used it with shadowfiend and mindspike/mindblast twice in this fight you can see. Thing is instead of doing 32k with pretty much the same makeup as before now I'm doing 26-27... do you see anything going weird here? This is really odd. Haste threshold or something perhaps?

Self Buffed I have:
    16.67 hit
    15.26 mastery
    17.35 crit
    28.45 haste

Raid makeup includes: Mage, Ele Shaman, NO LOCK, NO BOOMKIN.
    Sorry I can't post the links correctly, I don't have the necessary postcount yet to post links MMO tells me.
    Looking at your gear I would suggest trying to slide some of your Crit to Mastery (MH is the easiest place to do this, others would need some real finagling to workout). You also take the three points out of Silence and Imp Psychic Scream and finish Sin and Punishment and put 2 in Inner Sanctum. Sin and Punishment will help you to get the Fiend up with AA better and Inner Sanctum is something that will help your group a whole better.

You are slightly low on your MB casts. You should be able to at least get 37 that try but you got 35.

Looks like you used 3 MB/MS rotations during that try and that adjusts your DoT uptimes to VT 83%, sw: p 88%, and DP 86% for time that you weren't using the MS/MB rotation. Those can be better. Also you had more MS casts than would be accounted for by 3 uses of this but not 4... so either you are keeping up with the MS slightly beyond your fiend or you died right after you started the fourth one (or possibly it got interrupted by a fading light). Not sure there, but I would say make sure you have some way to track when your fiend is done so you can get those DoTs back asap.

Obviously more sw: d though I think that is mostly due to this being a wipe and not a kill. Also it looks like you got Fading Light 6 times which also hurts some. I'd be curious as well why the uptime on Arcane Tactics was so low.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tobben View Post
    Item Level: My item level is 397.
    Expectations: Somewhere around 38-40 k on heroic Ultraxion.
    Armory Link: Can't post links but it's Mini on Alonsus EU.
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs . com/reports/t1kc5xhxlztwopyu/sum/damageDone/?enc=wipes&boss=55294

I don't have the legendary staff and I'm not fully epic gemmed in HC pieces but I'm working on that.

and yes, I do know that we don't have enough dps to kill him, but there's a lot of alts and retarded people :-)
    Your gearing looks good.

The only thing really is it looks like you cast AA 4 times but only did 2 MS/MB rotations (going by the number of MS casts there are). So my thought is that either your fiend and AA aren't lining up together well (more haste/crit can help with getting the fiend up sooner), you might not be making the most of the MB/MS rotation when you are using it and maybe some practice with on a test dummy might help, or you are getting interrupted with it by Fading Light. For the last one the best way I have found to deal with it is to start it right after a fading light goes out where you haven't gotten the debuff... though of course you don't want to hold onto fiend and AA for too long or else you will start to lose some dps.

Overall you look pretty good for the most part, it is probably just some fine tuning that will get you there.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    Item Level 396
    Expectations: Top dps charts
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eocia/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...s=9944&e=10266

Low uptime of all three dots is due my shadowfiend rotation (MS + MB) (at least I think). Ty for suggestions.
    Can't comment on gearing because atm you are in disc gear and spec.

Hrm and I think there is an issue with your logs... none of the heroic Ultraxion fight show you using MS at all and this one shows you had sw: p up and it ticked for 10% of your damage but had an uptime of 0%. Idk, maybe if you get new logs to put up that would work.. but these just aren't useful at all.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Item level: 394
    Expectations: 32k~34k on Ultraxion H.
    Armory: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...ade/Macphisto/ (click on Shadow spec)
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7474&e=7811

Since my armory is saved to my healing gear, I won't link my armory, but I'm in full 397 gear, I have 2 piece Tier 13, and have heroic shoulders and chest from Morchok. I'm using the dagger from Yor'sajh as weapon but I do have the haste staff from Madness in my bags, just read it's a bit less dps.

Well, the place where it hurts is my trinkets, I have DMC:Volcano and the VP trinket, which I macroed to Archangel since it's on the same cooldown.

Quite honestly I have no idea what I'm doing wrong on this one, but that is way too low dps, I did 26k, peak I have seen was 32k I believe in attempts.

Anyone can see any flaws in the rotation from the logs? because honestly I can't.
    Well on that attempt you missed 2 MF's and a VT which hurts but how much depends on how fast you were to catch it. What also hurts a good bit is you also missed a MB. I would definitely suggest getting you hit higher if you can without dropping int.

Your uptime on VT is definitely way to low considering you don't have the T13 4pc. Also you only cast MB 35 times when you should be able to at least get in 37, so I would watch that as well. You also could probably squeeze more sw: d in too since you do have the 2pc.

The only other thing I would say is make sure things are refreshed before Hour goes off, and make sure you have a macro to remove dispersion from yourself after you use that for soaking the hours (you shouldn't need it for mana regen). Aside from that it's all the normal things, refesh dots right before heroism goes away, only refresh dots with 5 stacks of evangelism up (ie don't pop AA right before needing to refresh your dots).

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Corr235 View Post
    Item Level: 396 equipped / 402
    Expectations: I want to squeese as much out as possible
    Armory Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/Corr/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ahomdlw2jwrjsow3/

I would really like someone that are good at analyzing logs to have a look at mine and tell me what I can change/improve. Since this I have gotten 4set instead of 2/2 that the logs are. What changes with 4 set? I'm already pretty much reforged for haste/mastery. Opener goes harder i suppose. Pre-fade and fiend, right? Is MS MS MS -> MB better than normal dot priorities when fiend is up? Saw someone write about an engineering glove macro to prechange gloves for double glove enchant. Can anyone tell me what this macro would look like? Please, feel free to tell me absolutely ANYTHING I can do to do more DPS! Thanks so much!
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6929&e=7044

In that link Kilee explains how to get the most out of the T13 4pc bonus. It does take some practice to get used to though. You shouldn't need to fade as long as you let the tank hit the boss first.

Idk about the gove macro because I am not engineering so maybe someone else can post/pm you that.

Your hit is super low so you should try and get that up more, especially when you start using the MS/MB rotation a miss there hurts really badly. Aside from that you logs look pretty good over all. The thing you'll need to mostly work on is your flow with adding in the MS/MB rotation.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 02:33 PM ----------

Annnd, I think that covers everyone. Repost if I accidentally missed anyone.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-02-22 at 06:57 PM.

Deleted
    Item Level 405
    Expectations: To push 47-48k on ultraxion. 45k at least.
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arowe/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8028&e=8366

So ya, I'm posting here really as a last resort. I can pull decent numbers on most other bosses, where tactics allow anyway. Ultraxion has really become a sticking point for me recently. I'm pretty well geared and I know I should be able to compete for those very top ranks, other fights show that I can.
    I've tried a bunch of stuff with ultraxion. Spiking / not spiking. This week I tried not spiking during hero on the pull, and then spiking every time AA came off CD after that (waiting up to 20sec for sfiend if it's not ready
    I 'try' and push porting out as late as possible. My aim this week was to port out after the last possible GCD was used up (so anytime after ~1.1sec left to port out), depending where my last GCD ended. My connection is fine, my PC is far less than fine (raiding at around 5fps).
    I'm running with the legendary and DI. No PI or TotT. I imagine that PI and TotT would make a decent different to dps, not sure it would make up ~3k dps though, I feel there's something I'm missing here.
    So really any tips or suggestions in terms of how to really max dps on this fight past the obvious.
    Also interested for any tips with gear, just broken past that 3202 haste point and feel I should be reforging some to mastery. Or drop back a lot further for a lot more mastery (2141)?
    I also have heroic tier gloves and morchokk heroic shoulders, would using the shoulders as offset be an increase? I've not done the maths on them yet.

Hey Arlee,

thanks for reply. I'm sorry, that was totally my bad that raid. I'm usually PvP'ing with shadow and for that i reforge the staff into mastery, I forgot to reforge it back for raid that time. It's all sorted now and hitcapped of course. Can try to post another log from wipenight tonight when it comes up. Thanks for input!

Item Level 392
    Expectations: to... be top.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hrisana/simple
    Worldoflogs Link: Don't have one, sorry.

I pull a steady 20k on a dummy, but I've seen shadow priests in similar quality gear do better.

My rotation is VT>DP>SW>MF>MF>Archangel>Fiend>Mind Blast>VT>DP then spam MF, doing MB every time it's off CD

Am I doing something wrong? Or am I supposed to be in this range? How can I be -better-?

Item level: 400
    Expectations: Simcraft says around 34k, but I'm pulling nowhere close to that on any fight except ultra.
    Armory: us . battle . net/wow/en/character/cenarius/Iei/advanced
    Logs: www . worldoflogs . com/reports/bqhwzwpt26lox5eg/

My raid group is very melee heavy, we don't have a warlock, mage, or dedicated ele sham. I will never have DI, FM, Tricks, or PI haha. I pulled 33273 on H Ultra last night. What am I doing wrong? As well as my pitiful DPS on Zon/Yor/Hagara. (I do have to be 6th ball bounce dispersion beeyotch for that) Please help me! I seem to run around like a chicken with my head cut off (only been a spriest since 4.3) when anything involving multiple things to do i.e. anything that's not ultra. ):
    Last edited by Allexiste; 2012-02-23 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Cheers, much appreciated. I had absolutely no idea about the glove trick, might well start giving it a try ^^. Is there a way to macro it so I could bind it to a single keybind, or am I just clicking about randomly just before pull?

I popped pot after AA and Springs to line up with Hero. The hero call came earlier than I expected (was expecting sub-25%, so was lining up CDs for that time, instead came up at ~35%). I suppose I could have waited till 25 seconds left on Hero to come back on CD, but I don't think AA would have, sadly. Was bad play on my part .

Out of interest, why focus Goriona? Easier switch at beginning of P2? Aye, I've started at the top on all of our attempts and got off double DoTs etc but my DPS still seems a little low, unfortunately (again, based on personal standards) .

But, seriously, appreciate the gloves trick .
    Sorry for slow reply!

I've started randomly clicking around but I had a macro that was something like

/equip gloves of dying light (*extra glove*)
    /use gloves of dying light
    /equip gloves of liquid smoke
    /use gloves of liquid smoke

so it equips your spare glove, (springs cd starts) then as the pull countdown starts they get used on next button press and you equip your proper gloves.

I advise practicing a few times when i first started doing it, i'd always forget to put the spare glove on inbetween corpse runs and the raid leader would get mad because I'd be waiting for cds

Thats correct about Goriona, I personally have no problem switching around the different adds (as they aren't up for a particularly long time, plus we have 3-4 combat rogues cleaving the crap out of everything) but that is potentially based on my positioning as I'm always at the back of the boat in P1.

Looking at gunship logs you don't have many long heroic attempts so I can't comment much on those. Comparing to reg, the adds last much longer so you'll have a great chance to have everything dotted up. I've been sitting so others can roll on the h conq helm for the past few weeks but in our first couple of kills I was approaching 40k dps (wasn't really maximising dps as much as i could have)

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    Item Level 405
    Expectations: To push 47-48k on ultraxion. 45k at least.
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arowe/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8028&e=8366

So ya, I'm posting here really as a last resort. I can pull decent numbers on most other bosses, where tactics allow anyway. Ultraxion has really become a sticking point for me recently. I'm pretty well geared and I know I should be able to compete for those very top ranks, other fights show that I can.
    I've tried a bunch of stuff with ultraxion. Spiking / not spiking. This week I tried not spiking during hero on the pull, and then spiking every time AA came off CD after that (waiting up to 20sec for sfiend if it's not ready
    I 'try' and push porting out as late as possible. My aim this week was to port out after the last possible GCD was used up (so anytime after ~1.1sec left to port out), depending where my last GCD ended. My connection is fine, my PC is far less than fine (raiding at around 5fps).
    I'm running with the legendary and DI. No PI or TotT. I imagine that PI and TotT would make a decent different to dps, not sure it would make up ~3k dps though, I feel there's something I'm missing here.
    So really any tips or suggestions in terms of how to really max dps on this fight past the obvious.
    Also interested for any tips with gear, just broken past that 3202 haste point and feel I should be reforging some to mastery. Or drop back a lot further for a lot more mastery (2141)?
    I also have heroic tier gloves and morchokk heroic shoulders, would using the shoulders as offset be an increase? I've not done the maths on them yet.
    I personally prefer the 3202 breakpoint with legendary+DI
    I don't use the MS burst rotation to open (we get Bloodlust at the start) and I'm somewhat certain that waiting again midfight for your fiend and AA to line up was a dps loss (needs to be double checked)

Lately I've been sitting from Ultraxion to give others a chance at loot but some minor dps tricks include the double glove trick i mentioned to Serene.
    If you REALLY want to push out some extra dps you can get a weapon with Hurricane on it and use prayer of healing to proc it, then switch to DTR as the boss engages.
    Another thing is to macro Heroic Will with DP

/cast Devouring Plague
    /click ExtraActionButton1

I'm fairly certain you already do this, but just in case - are you cancelling dispersion after the initial Hour of Twilight cast? WoL is showing me a buggy duration for it.
    You also missed a couple of opportunities for SW: D

Armory is saying you're at 3293 haste, could be worthwhile reassessing your reforging to drop it lower and squeeze out a little more mastery.

With your fps, is it a complete PC issue? As in always around 5fps during all fights? Or JUST Ultraxion?
    My framerate used to dip horrendously low on Ultrax, even locking up during bloodlust and execute phases. Solution: Kill recount. As well as any addons that feed on your memory heavily.

Deleted
    Thanks luna.
    The glove/hurrricane trick is nice, although I'm not sure it'll be enough to make up enough dps.
    I'm thinking I should reforge out of 'some' haste, although I'm really not sure how much. keep at 3202? 2589? 2141? something else?

The fps issue is just me using a super crappy £250 laptop. It's across the board on pretty much every fight, although most of the time there's nothing quite as latency dependant as heroic will.

I am cancelling dispersion, it's probably up for less than a second. I've noticed many ultraxion logs with bugged parses, I assume it's the person logging not being in the same realm when people gain/lose buffs.

I'm under the impression that the VT tick is the way to go before going all out mastery. Some of the top Ultrax logs vary with each player's haste (possibly doing encounter specific reforging), so I think its somewhat personal preference, I myself feel comfortable with 3202, and very uncomfortable with MS/MB.

I used to use a terrible laptop as well from t11 through to the start of ds. So I COMPLETELY understand how annoying it is.

If all else fails, the new computer will help your dps

Can somebody analyze my armory and tell me if I should go harder into mastery? Or how I can optimize gemming/reforging/gearing with my current gear. I've tried various sites for reforging and gemming, but I rely more on other people's personal experiences and knowledge, rather than an automated site. Would love some feedback on this.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/Corr/simple

thnx in advance

I wouldn't normally thank someone, but Arlee that was really good advice you gave me and the others. I've made those changes. Thanks!

[QUOTE=syslord2k2;15568308]I can't say anything gear related as you are logged out in your healing gear.

Logwise i concentrated on try 2 of Ultraxion heroic since it lasted the longest:

Dot Uptimes are pretty low, you should aim for > 97% for VT and DP and 99-100% for sw: p, you can achieve that by start clipping your mind flays after the 2nd or 3rd tick to reapply a dot.

Mind Flay uptime could be higher (around 60%), start clipping here to to reduce the impact of server lag.

You casted a Mind Blast every 9,75 seconds, this value should be more around 8-8.5 seconds, you can alsoy improve that by clipping mind flays.

Try to align your second volcanic potion with archangel.

You changed your form once (i assume to cast a hymn). Don't do that, the dps loss that you got is greater than the gain of the healers in this phase of the fight, if healers struggle they need to improve.[COLOR="red"]

every attempt both spriests are required to pop both hymns at 23-22% thats why i was out of form for so long. also i wasnt the one recording logs so my initial row of dots wouldnt have counted since our healers go out at the start as we pop hero for them later in the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Item Level 398 equipped.
    Expectations: To at least be competitive with the rogue and warrior DPS in our group. In Firelands, I was consistently topping, but now I am consistently last/second to last in DPS. I know my group is lacking DI and a couple caster buffs, but I still feel like I am not achieving my full potential. I do the mind spike/mind blast rotation with shadow fiend, I pre-pot most of the time (sometimes I slack on reg). I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roxzy/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...yze/dd/source/
    I think I may have been pvp specced here, it's just the night we downed the most bosses.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...yze/dd/source/
    A night trying to down heroic ultraxion ^ Also had DI, but a very very bad warlock we were trialing.
    Last edited by sasslefrassed; 2012-02-26 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    Item Level 398 equipped.
    Expectations: To at least be competitive with the rogue and warrior DPS in our group. In Firelands, I was consistently topping, but now I am consistently last/second to last in DPS. I know my group is lacking DI and a couple caster buffs, but I still feel like I am not achieving my full potential. I do the mind spike/mind blast rotation with shadow fiend, I pre-pot most of the time (sometimes I slack on reg). I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roxzy/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...yze/dd/source/

I think I may have been pvp specced here, it's just the night we downed the most bosses.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...yze/dd/source/
    A night trying to down heroic ultraxion ^ Also had DI, but a very very bad warlock we were trialing.
    Armory looks good.

WoL:

I took a look at your longest tries on Ultraxion wich would be #6 and #10. Some things that stand out:

#10: Only 4 Shadow Word: Death, no hero?, no volcanic potions used
    #6: Only 2 Shadow Word: Death, only one volcanic potion used.

Things that stand out in both tries:

I am unsure of the mind spike rotation you use. Your dark archangel often runs out just before your 3rd set of mind blasts. Given that dark archangel has an uptime of 18 seconds while shadowfiend is only 15 seconds, this should never happen. You can read up on the available rotations here to give you a general idea of how to synchronize it better.

#10 you messed up your 3rd rotation big time, as i read it you casted archangel than did something else, got fading light 5 seconds before dark archangel ended, pushed heroic will and started into the rotation after coming back to the twilight realm. Mistakes like these can easily lower your dps by a good margin.

Other than that rogues and arms warriors (and surv hunters since the last patch) are probably hard to beat without the legendary and all buffs covered, so don't fixate on that.