Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Item Level: 378
    Expectations: Improve my dps. Maybe get over that 25k hill.
    Armory Link: eu[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/Staburnas/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: www[dot]worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/rt-r686biysyser5nrj/details/10/?s=117&e=429

So i only got a broken log from our wipes at Ultraxion. I usually do around 23-24k on the Firelands bosses but now in DS i almost cant get over 20k. Am i doing something wrong? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tildiana View Post
    Item Level: 378
    Expectations: Improve my dps. Maybe get over that 25k hill.
    Armory Link: eu[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/Staburnas/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: www[dot]worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/rt-r686biysyser5nrj/details/10/?s=117&e=429

So i only got a broken log from our wipes at Ultraxion. I usually do around 23-24k on the Firelands bosses but now in DS i almost cant get over 20k. Am i doing something wrong? Please help.
    Gear

1. Your helm should have a 40 Int gem in it, the socket bonus isn't worth the loss of 20 Int.
    2. Jaws of Defeat is a poor dps trinket, sure the Int is nice but with no proc it makes it very lacklusture. Something very attainable that would instantly be better is the moonwell chalice but given the new tier there might be something better again to get. I think you can farm a decent trinket from the new 5mans.
    3. You have the offset t12 shoulders which is depriving you for the 4pc bonus which is very tasty and as such you may not reach the dps level you want.

Reforging

I'm of the belief we should hit cap, particulary if you feel you are struggling with your dps because it just makes life easier if you don't have to react to occasional misses. You can hit cap by making the following reforge changes.

Helm: spirit -> mastery
    Shoulders: spirit -> mastery
    Gloves: restore
    Ring1 (Soothing Brimstone Circle): crit -> haste
    Ring2 (Signet of the Twilight Prophet): restore
    Wand: restore

Enchants
    For your level of haste it's my belief that 50 haste rating to gloves is better than 65 mastery. You can look at Kilee's work on how stats behave at various levels. This is a very minor thing and while my opinion is to change it to haste you can form the other opinion if you wish.

Log Analysis

1. DP uptime is a tad low, SW:P & VT were >= 98% but DP was only 94%. I'd suggest that it may have dropped off when you had to exit the twilight realm for that encounter. The idea is to ensure your dots are maintained by refreshing them early if you do need to leave the twilight realm.
    2. You averaged a MB every 9.4 sec but the CD on MB is 6.5 sec (talented), You really need to get more MBs in and have the average number of MBs around the 7 to 7.5 sec mark.
    3. You have 3 x SW casts and due to the fact they only hit for 6K each you must have casted this when the boss was > 25K health which you should never do. Are you doing this for mana? I wouldn't have thought you should have needed to do that. Did the boss get to below 25% health at any stage coz if it did you didn't utilise this spell when you should have.
    4. I'm not sure how accurate the log is, but shadow fiend was only up for 14 sec for the encounter. I'd imagine this is only half the possible time, or is the fiend dying to the aoe damage?

Intangibles

How you use your cooldowns in important. Are you simply using dark angel on cooldown or are you timing it to co-incide with other temp buffs like volcanic destruction? Are you ensuring you have a dark angel when you are utilising bloodlust/heroism?

For progression raiding, particularly for dps gear checks, you should be utilising all the consumables you can. I don't see any volcanic pots in your log. You can pre-pot a second before the encounter starts and utilise another during bloodlust. Go craft/purchase some asap.

For this encounter, are you jumping out of the twlight realm as late as possible? When you do it, you lose contact time on the boss... so the idea is to jump out as late as possible without being risky. Ensure your UI is allowing you to do this easily, you might want to look at binding the extra action button 1 so you don't need to click it.

You're not doing a lot wrong, keep at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    Gear

1. Your helm should have a 40 Int gem in it, the socket bonus isn't worth the loss of 20 Int.
    2. Jaws of Defeat is a poor dps trinket, sure the Int is nice but with no proc it makes it very lacklusture. Something very attainable that would instantly be better is the moonwell chalice but given the new tier there might be something better again to get. I think you can farm a decent trinket from the new 5mans.
    3. You have the offset t12 shoulders which is depriving you for the 4pc bonus which is very tasty and as such you may not reach the dps level you want.

Reforging

I'm of the belief we should hit cap, particulary if you feel you are struggling with your dps because it just makes life easier if you don't have to react to occasional misses. You can hit cap by making the following reforge changes.

Helm: spirit -> mastery
    Shoulders: spirit -> mastery
    Gloves: restore
    Ring1 (Soothing Brimstone Circle): crit -> haste
    Ring2 (Signet of the Twilight Prophet): restore
    Wand: restore

Enchants
    For your level of haste it's my belief that 50 haste rating to gloves is better than 65 mastery. You can look at Kilee's work on how stats behave at various levels. This is a very minor thing and while my opinion is to change it to haste you can form the other opinion if you wish.

Log Analysis

1. DP uptime is a tad low, SW:P & VT were >= 98% but DP was only 94%. I'd suggest that it may have dropped off when you had to exit the twilight realm for that encounter. The idea is to ensure your dots are maintained by refreshing them early if you do need to leave the twilight realm.
    2. You averaged a MB every 9.4 sec but the CD on MB is 6.5 sec (talented), You really need to get more MBs in and have the average number of MBs around the 7 to 7.5 sec mark.
    3. You have 3 x SW casts and due to the fact they only hit for 6K each you must have casted this when the boss was > 25K health which you should never do. Are you doing this for mana? I wouldn't have thought you should have needed to do that. Did the boss get to below 25% health at any stage coz if it did you didn't utilise this spell when you should have.
    4. I'm not sure how accurate the log is, but shadow fiend was only up for 14 sec for the encounter. I'd imagine this is only half the possible time, or is the fiend dying to the aoe damage?

Intangibles

How you use your cooldowns in important. Are you simply using dark angel on cooldown or are you timing it to co-incide with other temp buffs like volcanic destruction? Are you ensuring you have a dark angel when you are utilising bloodlust/heroism?

For progression raiding, particularly for dps gear checks, you should be utilising all the consumables you can. I don't see any volcanic pots in your log. You can pre-pot a second before the encounter starts and utilise another during bloodlust. Go craft/purchase some asap.

For this encounter, are you jumping out of the twlight realm as late as possible? When you do it, you lose contact time on the boss... so the idea is to jump out as late as possible without being risky. Ensure your UI is allowing you to do this easily, you might want to look at binding the extra action button 1 so you don't need to click it.

You're not doing a lot wrong, keep at it.
    Wow. Thank you for your exellent and quick answer. I will make some changes ASAP and then get back to you.
    Strange that the Volcanic potions didnt show. I always pre-pot and use one later on at timewarp.

About the Shadowfiend i have no clue. I use it on cooldown so it should have more uptime. Or as you were saying, it might get killed from the aoe. Should i plan it instead so i use it between Hour Of Twilight spells instead of using it on CD? One thing i know im bad at is using Archangel at the right time when i have my intellect procs. Should i also refresh all my DoTs when i have my procs up? Even though they have long time left?

Thank you again.

Strange that the Volcanic potions didnt show. I always pre-pot and use one later on at timewarp.
    I'd check your binding, because they definitely are not there for that particularly log. Here is my log of that same encounter and if you navigate to the buffs gained section (for me) you will see volcanic power with a duration of 50 sec. While it says only 1 application, 50 sec is 2 x 25 sec durations (the first application is not captured because I do it before the encounter begins). You don't have this in your log and that means you are not using them (or didnt for that 1 log).

About the Shadowfiend i have no clue. I use it on cooldown so it should have more uptime. Or as you were saying, it might get killed from the aoe. Should i plan it instead so i use it between Hour Of Twilight spells instead of using it on CD?
    My fiend analysis was wrong, your fiend was actually up for 57.7 seconds, Mine was 55.9 seconds and the other spriest in my raid had 60 seconds. I'd suggest the hour of twilight kills the fiend so I wouldn't cast it leading up to an hour of twilight. I probably lost 4 seconds uptime for not using it a bit smarter at times.

I One thing i know im bad at is using Archangel at the right time when i have my intellect procs. Should i also refresh all my DoTs when i have my procs up? Even though they have long time left?
    It depends on the strength of the buff and what DoT. I'd probably only worry about this for Volcanic Destruction or a buff of similar (or greater) power. In the case of DP, as long as the only thing you can currently cast is MF (ie MB on CD, no other DoTs to refresh and no problems with ES uptime), you want to cast DP immediately and just before the buff expires.

In the case of VT its a bit more murky. If you have just cast a VT then you get the proc, I don't think its worth recasting VT immediately. I think you want about half of the current VT duration to have expired before you refresh. So whether you overwrite with VT immediately has to do with how much time is left on your current VT when you get the proc. You also have to factor in the proc length and whether you can reasonably get 2 VT casts off without having to overwrite too close together. That means you want to be able to recast VT within ~3 sec into the proc at the most so you can recast again just as the buff expires. If you can't do this I'd simply ensure you cast VT at least once with the buff present, it's actually possible to miss the buff all together if you cast VT, get a proc and then cast VT without clipping at all. Make sure you get at least 1 cast off.

A lot depends on the strength of the buff, in the case of BL, I overwrite my DoTs no matter what (it's just too big a buff). And of course while you are doing all this overwriting you do not want to delay MB or SW (if in the sub 25% range). It's all rather tricky to put in a rule you can follow, you need to be able to make decisions on the fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Item Level 384
    Expectations: I would like to squeeze a little more dps out of my priest, and be told if there is anything I am doing that could be improved on. I've read all of the stickies, countless threads. Unfortunately, I am the only mainspec shadow priest that raids in my guild, so I have nobody there to critique me. My dps isn't bad by any means, but I'd like to know if there is any way to make it better.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oxxie/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...yze/dd/source/
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Item Level 385
    Expectations: over 30k single target
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...recka/advanced (may be having strange spec, but its amde for both PvP and PvE not sure if i can be over 30k with it, but id like to try it, ofc changing glyphs for PvE)
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...9yzj/rankinfo/ (it wasnt this spec i got now)
    Last edited by Dad; 2011-12-11 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarragon
    Casuals don't read mmo-champion, because they're too busy being bad in heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    Item Level 384
    Expectations: I would like to squeeze a little more dps out of my priest, and be told if there is anything I am doing that could be improved on. I've read all of the stickies, countless threads. Unfortunately, I am the only mainspec shadow priest that raids in my guild, so I have nobody there to critique me. My dps isn't bad by any means, but I'd like to know if there is any way to make it better.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oxxie/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...yze/dd/source/
    The only thing I really noticed on your logs was on the kills your DoT uptimes on the kills were a bit low.

Yor'sahj- VT 80.6%, SW: P 89.9%, MF 31.8%
    Hagara- VT 51.9%, MF 18.5%, SW: P 71.2%, DP 60.6%

So I think that is the only thing you really need to work on. Your character looked fine though.

Hi guys, I'm looking for some constructive feedback about what I could potentially do to increase my dps on Ultraxion 10-man. Can't post links unfortunately.
    Item Level: 379
    Expectations: I have Simcrafted my Priest using 350 second fight time, 10000 iterations with buffs reflective of our raid setup for the fight (no DI and I don't receive Focus Magic) and the result is 27116 dps, so that's what I aim to hit.
    Armory Link: us. battle. net/wow/en/character/eonar/Solipsist/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs. com/reports/rt-azkz9x39zvi9373h/sum/damageDone/?s=10675&e=10970

As you can see, I do 23488 eDPS, which is ~86% of my simmed numbers. I was wondering what I could do to increase my dps. I start the fight by pre-potting and popping Rune of Zeth, MB -> dots up -> shadowfiend right before hero at the start of the fight (healers Heroic Will out so they don't receive exhausted for a second hero later in the fight) and then go into my rotation. I MB on cooldown, pop Rune of Zeth on cooldown, Archangel on cooldown immediately after refreshing VT, and try to keep maximum uptime on my dots (they are all above 95% uptime). Hope this is enough info to go on, and thanks in advance for any help.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 01:40 AM ----------

Hmm weird I just noticed I can't see any Volcanic potions for that fight, not sure why. Maybe I ran out and didn't notice? That would obviously influence my dps. Anything other than that that I could work on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Item Level 385
    Expectations: over 30k single target
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...recka/advanced (may be having strange spec, but its amde for both PvP and PvE not sure if i can be over 30k with it, but id like to try it, ofc changing glyphs for PvE)
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...9yzj/rankinfo/ (it wasnt this spec i got now)

Spec

How keen are you to do 30k dps? Because if you are keen you need to have a proper PvE spec, no excuses. If you're not prepared to do that then you need to readjust your expectations. Dual spec does exist in the game so you should be able to have a PvE & PvP spec to support doing both roles in game.

Without argument, you must have these talents, with the last 2 points going into whatever you like. I would recommend maxing out mental agility and putting one point into inner sanctum, mainly to help support multi dotting (which can be mana intensive) and raid damage is likely to be magic damage.

Gear

For the most part your gear is fine, however you can look at the following:

1. Rune of Zeth is terrible, you'd be far better off with DMC:V however that might be an expensive outlay for a trinket that is about to be replaced (You just should have had one by now). Another easy option is the Moonwell Chalice which you can pick up immediately from the firelands dailies (I assume you've unlocked everything?).

Reforging

You can optimise your reforging by utilising tools like www.wowreforge.com, in your case you are 15 rating over the hit cap which is just a waste of stats. I'd recommend the following reforge changes:

Neck - mastery -> spirit/hit
    Legs - mastery -> spirit/hit
    Cyrstalline Brimstone Ring - hit -> haste
    Infernal Signet of the Avengers - hit -> mastery
    Wand - spirit -> haste

This should put you flush on the hit cap and maximise your haste to 2808.

Log Analysis

I've decided to use your Morchok kill for your log analysis as this is the closest encounter for single target dps (which was your goal). Your problems are with :

1. VT uptime is horrible (79.6%), this must be roughly the same as your other DoTs.
    2. DoT uptime in general is low at ~95%, reaching 98% or higher is achievable.
    3. MF ticks are low, it's possible to get > 50% MF casting (You had 37.7%).
    4. Your MB casts are horrible, averaging 1 cast every 16.88 seconds. MB has a 6.5sec CD + ~1.1 sec cast meaning theoretically you can cast 1 every 7.6 seconds.

Why is this the case? Well I'm guessing for this encounter you haven't worked out how to position yourself to continue DPS during the LoS phase. If you stand back a bit from the blocks or stand inbetween 2 blocks touching each other you can continue to DPS the boss. During any movement you should be spamming DP meaning you should get a lot more than 16 DP casts. Each encounter has a finite number of GCD's so make sure you are maximising your GCD's (always cast something).

Keeping MB on CD needs to be a priority for you. It's very possible to get your average MB casts down to the 8 to 8.5 second range, you shouldn't wait for orbs before you cast MB but with your current talent choices your ES uptime will be adversely affected from less orb procs than is possible (You really need to change your talents).

I can see you didn't use any Volcanic Potions, so depending on how keen you are to maximise your DPS you can always use one a moment before the pull and the next one during bloodlust (preferably with dark angel and any temp buffs as well ie. Power Torrent, Lightweave etc).

Other

Depending on how keen you are, your race doesn't give you any DPS perks. You'd be better off as a Troll or Goblin, this is the sort of things the top players will do to eek out every possible bit of DPS. This just becomes a question of how bad do you want to maximise your DPS?

---------- Post added 2011-12-13 at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Polarity View Post
    Hi guys, I'm looking for some constructive feedback about what I could potentially do to increase my dps on Ultraxion 10-man. Can't post links unfortunately.
    Item Level: 379
    Expectations: I have Simcrafted my Priest using 350 second fight time, 10000 iterations with buffs reflective of our raid setup for the fight (no DI and I don't receive Focus Magic) and the result is 27116 dps, so that's what I aim to hit.
    Armory Link: us. battle. net/wow/en/character/eonar/Solipsist/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: worldoflogs. com/reports/rt-azkz9x39zvi9373h/sum/damageDone/?s=10675&e=10970

As you can see, I do 23488 eDPS, which is ~86% of my simmed numbers. I was wondering what I could do to increase my dps. I start the fight by pre-potting and popping Rune of Zeth, MB -> dots up -> shadowfiend right before hero at the start of the fight (healers Heroic Will out so they don't receive exhausted for a second hero later in the fight) and then go into my rotation. I MB on cooldown, pop Rune of Zeth on cooldown, Archangel on cooldown immediately after refreshing VT, and try to keep maximum uptime on my dots (they are all above 95% uptime). Hope this is enough info to go on, and thanks in advance for any help.

---------- Post added 2011-12-12 at 01:40 AM ----------

Hmm weird I just noticed I can't see any Volcanic potions for that fight, not sure why. Maybe I ran out and didn't notice? That would obviously influence my dps. Anything other than that that I could work on?

Gear

Rune of Zeth is a terrible trinket, you really should replace this with DMC:V. However this trinket will be replaced in this teir of content quickly so it may not be worth the cost, in which case the Moonwell Chalice is another good replacement you can get instantly (assuming you've done the firelands dalies). You can also farm for the Foul Gift of the Demon Lord in the Well of Eternity 5man.

Other than that your gear is a decent iLvl but not well optimised. You should be able to get the Valor cloak, and if you happen to have T12 shoulders or helm I'd be using the T12 chest to get T12 2pc bonus.

Reforging

Utilise tools like www.wowreforge.com to get a better reforging optimisation. I'd recommend the following reforge changes:

Neck - mastery -> haste
    Shoulders - crit -> haste
    Back - hit -> mastery
    Belt - crit -> mastery
    Legs - crit -> haste
    Infernal Signent of the Avengers - hit -> mastery
    Weapon - restore

This will get you flush on the hit cap and maximise your haste to 2450.

Enchants

I'd go read Kilee's information on haste plateaus and decide how you wish to interpret it. My view is (without DI) is that if you can't reach ~2400 haste that you reforge haste to mastery while maintaining at least 1601 haste. In your case I think you have reached the point where haste is far better than mastery and as such I'd change your boot enchant to haste. Now I do run with minor speed and 35 mastery but that's because I value you movement speed. It's obvious that you don't because you've gone with pure mastery.

Some will recommend you change your gloves to 65 mastery but I wouldn't until you reach 2589 haste because haste is much better than mastery until you hit that point. What enchants you use will depend apon how close you are to the plataeus, just after mastery, just before haste is my rule.

Log Analysis

DoT uptimes are pretty decent, being critical your VT is ~1% less than your other 2 DoTs, so be sure to refresh it before it drops off. Your MF casts look good as well 55.1% uptime is a good number.

You average a MB every 8.94 seconds which isn't too bad, I think getting this down to 8.5 seconds is achievable though, which gives you an extra 1 or 2 MBs over the encounter.

To a large extent you're not doing a lot wrong with your casts so I suggest your issue is more tied to the maximsing of temp buffs/procs.

Intagibles

Your VT average damage looks low to me which means some of the following may be a problem
    1. You are refreshing VT without ES, do you track your ES duration? If you get bad luck with orbs do you refresh VT/DP early so it gets the ES buff applied?
    2. Do you track the ICD of temp procs and then the duration of temp procs? You're current trinket should be timed to be used while power torrent/lightweave are active, and when they are you want to refresh VT and DP while they are all up and then once again just before they fade. This way you lock in the buff to a longer proportion of your DoT uptimes.
    3. Are you timing your Dark Angel to coincide with your temp buffs (when feasible)? If you track your ICD of temp buffs you can make a decision on whether to delay your dark angel by a small duration so it will apply when yoru temp buffs are active. You have 5min encounter with DA able to be used every 1.5 mins, that gives you 30sec of play in terms of delay (over the encounter).
    4. As you pointed out there are no volcanic pots in this log, does your UI show you consumables so you can see when you are low and thus you can fix the problem rather than not knowing about it?

I'd practice these things and particularly work on your UI so you can see temp buffs, their internal cooldowns and ensure you maximise when they are present as much as you can. One common mistake is to darkangel and refresh dots before you get evangalism back to 5 stacks... always refresh your dots before you DA.
    Last edited by Worshaka; 2011-12-12 at 11:51 PM.

Hi,

In the past few tiers, I've been helping out the guild with whatever role they needed at the time whether it is Holy, Disc or Shadow. Recently got confirmed to go Shadow on most fights in DS so my gear and reforges may look a bit wonky. I've had to balance my gear to fit three specs pretty much. Anyways, I haven't been main spec Shadow at any point in my raiding career so hopefully someone can take a look at these logs and help me with the finer points of facemelting.

Item Level 386
    Expectations: 30K DPS on single target fights
    Armory Link:
    Code:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/altar-of-storms/Cy/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:
    Code:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9dw14nka17t2z30o/details/14/?s=11192&e=11503
    After clearing the rest of DS yesterday, I feel that my DPS is a bit subpar for my gear (especially looking at Ultraxion). Any ideas for improvements in gameplay so I don't hold back the guild in future heroic modes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seewhy View Post
    Hi,

In the past few tiers, I've been helping out the guild with whatever role they needed at the time whether it is Holy, Disc or Shadow. Recently got confirmed to go Shadow on most fights in DS so my gear and reforges may look a bit wonky. I've had to balance my gear to fit three specs pretty much. Anyways, I haven't been main spec Shadow at any point in my raiding career so hopefully someone can take a look at these logs and help me with the finer points of facemelting.

Item Level 386
    Expectations: 30K DPS on single target fights
    Armory Link:
    Code:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/altar-of-storms/Cy/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:
    Code:
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9dw14nka17t2z30o/details/14/?s=11192&e=11503
    After clearing the rest of DS yesterday, I feel that my DPS is a bit subpar for my gear (especially looking at Ultraxion). Any ideas for improvements in gameplay so I don't hold back the guild in future heroic modes?
    Looked through your Ultraxion kill quickly and what I saw is that you lost your Vampiric Touch 5 times and your Mind Blasting is a bit off. You should cast Mind Blast on cooldown. There were some periods where you did not cast Mind Blast for a long time.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    K need help, Spriests pulling down 70k deeps on Madness and I'm not...I'm nowhere near that. What am I/we doing wrong?? Surely it can't be just gear.

This is our longest (and last) attempt....

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=15237&e=16082

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...icate/advanced
    Last edited by Pontificate; 2011-12-13 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Added armory
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    snip
    What order do you guys do? Doing Blue last is a hugh DPS increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    K need help, Spriests pulling down 70k deeps on Madness and I'm not...I'm nowhere near that. What am I/we doing wrong?? Surely it can't be just gear.

This is our longest (and last) attempt....

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=15237&e=16082

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...icate/advanced
    The biggest dps gain on Madness is low raid dps.

Low raid dps = High uptime on Cataclysm.

High uptime on Cataclysm = more single target dps.

So if you are a good player amongst average players in a raid, your dps in comparison to everyone on WoL will be in a higher percentile than on usual single target fights. So all in all WoL (or any other statements like "I did 80k on.." is not a very good tool for meassurement on this fight, especially considering that there are other variables like choice of platform; aoe uptime, killing tentacles vs whoring dps and last but not least if you have high raid dps you will usually have to stop dps on several points in the fight.

However if you want to do high dps on this fight I can give you the following suggestions (the guide to DPS-whoring):

1) Always multidot. There are several points in the fight where you can multidot 2 or 3 targets (even 4 if you count in the elementium bolt).

2) Delay your cooldown usage if Cataclysm is about to happen and you know you it will last for 15-20 seconds. (You will get higher uptime on Cataclysm the more platforms you get through).

3) Make sure you have a good duration of ES running before the red blood oozes spawn. Never single target them.

4) Don't switch to the small tentacles during Cataclysm.

5) Use volcanic potion during either blood aoe or cooldown+cataclysm time.

6) Make sure healers are keeping you alive during Cataclysm shadow word: death phase.

7) Let raid leader change platform list in order to benefit your personal dps the most.

8) Ask people to do less dps on red oozes and on Cataclysm phase so you get higher uptime on it.

This may seem like a joke, but you'd laugh if you knew how many people organize these sort of things simply for WoL ranks on gimmick fights like these.
    Obviously some of these points shouldn't be used if you are still progressing the fight. It doesn't seem like you have much room for change according to your WoL link. The ones doing below 42-45k dps are the ones who are slowing down the progression.
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2011-12-14 at 10:09 AM.

Hey there, I think my dps is slightly low for my gear level and I'd like to know if there is something I can do to higher my dps especially in single target fights like Ultraxion.

Itemlevel: 392 equipped
    Armory link: hit me!
    Worldoflogs link: hit me!

And finally I'd like to know if it's better to head for mastery and lower my haste to 2589 or lower (I will always get Dark Intent in our raids) to maximize my throughput or should I keep my hasterating.
    Noxcrunor (Shadowpriest)
    Hey, let´s be serious, because this is a serious topic ... apart of how we deal with it!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funk, thank you very much for your post. I'm not worried about whoring the meter, I just want the damn boss down. I appreciate the info!
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Item Level: 387
    Expectations: Be More Competitive, I know my gear is getting there quickly, and it bothers me to not be closer to the top of most kills, and to be so incredibly far away from ranks in WoL.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onkxx/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:
    Farm Night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/olmhkmppqh2f339l/
    2nd Night:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/bh9qkcfqjdha6inb/

As you can see I solidly struggled on I think it was Spine and Warmaster, where I really feel like I should kick some serious ass. And while I ended up top on the Madness fight, I really feel like I could be doing more. And is the reason I'm not getting close to ranking in WoL really stem from the fact that I do not have the legendary? Please let me know if you see anything I could be doing to improve we will be starting Heroics next week and I really would like to perform to my best potential.

Long story short: I've been shadowpriesting since mid TBC and always considered myself - if not perfect - then at least 95% perfect. I quit the game in very late Wrath and came back just a couple months ago.

My gear is pretty good; I was too late to have gotten a legendary (though I'm still actively working on it), but I feel like my numbers aren't up to par these days.

Here's Ultraxion yesterday
    Whole guild: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...=11480&e=11828
    Just me: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...=11480&e=11828

And here's my profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Annesh/simple

I was trying out 2pc/2pc to see if actually having an execute phase on Ultraxion would make up for 4t12 (I'm not actually sure it does). My guild has shadowpriests soak Hour of Twilight along with the tanks so I had to glyph Dispersion - I replaced SWP to do it rather than SWD, under the logic that if I'm going to test out 2t13 then I should test it. I think it was the right choice if I'm going to use 2pc/2pc on Ultraxion at all, but for the future - until 4t13 of course - I think I'll just go with 4t12.

In any case, I feel like 30.8k is pretty weak for my gear, even considering no DTR and suboptimal glyphing. Aren't other spriests pushing 40k singletarget with no DTR?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    hey. so i recently decided to sim my priest (new main) and my DK (old main). my priest hase 387 ilvl. my DK has 373 ilvl. on the sim, my priest beat my DK by 750 dps. that seems extremely close considering the rather large difference in gear. this leads me to beleive there is something wrong with my character.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riest/advanced

i have followed numerous guides in an attempt to fix this but i have come here as a last resort. (only thing i think i could change is the yellow gem in my ring, but i had one on me when i got the upgrade and there are no red gems on AH atm. yay for dead server)

any help would be great! even if it is just 'DK are just much better single target dps right now' oh and i dont get dark intent and raid 25man if thats relevant

Hi there! I need help =[ I am our group's hybrid healer/DPS, and my DPS has been depressingly low for my gear.

Item Level: 390
    Expectations: Increase my DPS consistency to 30k+
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...umina/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/144559/

The main spriest in my group is my best friend and we have discussions to help increase my DPS, but I'm still sitting between 27-30k on a single target fight. He gets DI and has a legendary staff while I have neither, so I don't expect to do as much damage as him, but I do expect to do better DPS than what I'm doing at the moment.

Thanks!