Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaan View Post
    Helps a ton! I was following an opening sequence I read on either SWpriest.com or Elitist Jerks... can't remember. I use DP if I'm moving. Figured it was best to cast something than just run, no need for mana so I didn't disperse. Was saving my pot for 25%. I spam SW when I can. Yes, should get that glyph. Easy enough to fix. I can certainly MB more too. Self-shielding... lol... force of habit. And yes, I took out paralysis and put it on inner fire... Trying this out tonite. Thank you so much!

Addendum: DPS went up about 1-2k on Rag fight. Haven't downed him yet, but I am pleased with my own progress. I'm getting closer to Simcraft target DPS. Thank you again.

~Z

---------- Post added 2011-10-23 at 11:44 PM ----------

I have BIS for what I can get right now. I admit it's not perfect but it's what I can get right at this moment. Keep losing rolls on shoulders and we're still working on Rag.

~Z
    You are right, you should always cast DP when moving. Casting many DPs doesn't hurt, as long as you don't let your other DoTs fall off and as long as you keep Mind Blasting on cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    You are right, you should always cast DP when moving. Casting many DPs doesn't hurt, as long as you don't let your other DoTs fall off and as long as you keep Mind Blasting on cooldown.
    Yes, that's correct, but Baleroc doesn't have a lot of movement which is why I brought it up.

And I guess there's no harm in self-shielding before the tank pulls, but then the cast sequence before a pull gets a bit complex! Shield/Fade/VT/SWP/pot!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Darn darn darn.... the one hour where I forget to switch to my raiding gear and you look at my profile! Ack! Please review again and look at my raiding gear. I do have BIS gear, although I could really use shoulders. Haven't won the rolls on those the last few raids, so I still don't have my 4 piece set bonus yet, but I am working on it. Healers get top priority so I've had to wait. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the other comments about general DPS. I take no offense on your writing style. I understand you are not trying to be cruel, just informative, and I do appreciate it.

~Z

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 10:47 AM ----------

Baleroc has a lot of movement the way we do the fight. And lately they've had me tanking the shards. So I actually do run around a lot.

Gear looks mostly good, too much hit though, anything over 17% is wasted. I run with less than 16% and very rarely get a miss.

I'd upgrade your ring (Security Measure Alpha) with Soothing Brimstone Circle from the Valor vendor and your trinket (Theralion's Mirror) with Darkmoon Card: Volcano.

Take a look at the BiS list on here.

Edit: How do you do Baleroc? I'm confused as to why you need so much movement?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have Darkmoon Card: Volcano. Was going for added +int with the two trinkets. But can certainly put card back. Have enough valor, can swap out ring. As for Baleroc, we divide into two groups, right and left of boss. Melee in front, ranged in back. Whole group runs right or left depending on where shard drops. Only the person tanking the shard stays put, but at 12 stacks of debuff, tanker moves to hand off to next tanker.

~Z

Item Level 384
    Expectations: be sitting around 30k dps
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aesta/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jv0wfnxj3ecirar9/

I dont have 4 set as of yet, we've seen 5 conq tokens drop since the start of firelands (2 legs, 2 chest, 1 shoulder).
    Dont bother looking at beth as i heal that. Shannox i multi dot.
    We also dont have access to a warlock, however we'll be picking up a mage next week (i probably wont get fm)

Im of the opinion my dps isn't where it should be, just want to confirm whether or not its decent (don't really have anyone to compare to)
    Last edited by Lunatari; 2011-10-25 at 01:51 AM.

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatari View Post
    Item Level 384

I dont have 4 set as of yet, we've seen 5 conq tokens drop since the start of firelands (2 legs, 2 chest, 1 shoulder).
    We also dont have access to a warlock, however we'll be picking up a mage next week (i probably wont get fm)

Im of the opinion my dps isn't where it should be, just want to confirm whether or not its decent (don't really have anyone to compare to)
    Checked your logs quickly and saw that you don't Mind Blast on cooldown. There are some huge gaps where you don't Mind Blast for some reason. Your DoT uptime is pretty fine, maybe a bit low but still fine.

I have Darkmoon Card: Volcano. Was going for added +int with the two trinkets. But can certainly put card back. Have enough valor, can swap out ring. As for Baleroc, we divide into two groups, right and left of boss. Melee in front, ranged in back. Whole group runs right or left depending on where shard drops. Only the person tanking the shard stays put, but at 12 stacks of debuff, tanker moves to hand off to next tanker.

~Z
    So instead of one person moving to the shard you have the rest of the raid running from them? 1 person running > 24 people running.

---------- Post added 2011-10-25 at 10:53 AM ----------

Item Level 384

Your dps is pretty much okey, as Ariadne said, little to few mind blasts and 1-2% missed uptime on VT.
    Very high uptime on ES (92% ish) and I would say that that should make up for the 200ish dps you miss by not using MB off CD.
    You don't get DI so I would say that your dps is pretty much what it should be, might be able to push another 1-2k from it with a extreamly nice usage of CDs and procs if you use NTK to track internal CDs etc but that's very hard to pull off

And I'm not entierly sure, but I actually think it's pretty safe for you to start hitting your 10+ int socket bonuses as you are so high on intellect!
    Last edited by eErike; 2011-10-25 at 10:54 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

re: [Priest] Fix My DPS Thread

eErike wrote:

So instead of one person moving to the shard you have the rest of the raid running from them? 1 person running > 24 people running.
    Exactly. For some reason, raid officers felt this was a better strategy.

~Z

eErike wrote:

Exactly. For some reason, raid officers felt this was a better strategy.

~Z
    The shards spawn on top of someone. To control where they spawn it's normal to have 2 groups with those tanking staying put and the rest moving away (~8yds) once the shard has spawned. In all honesty I don't see how else you can do it. If the shards spawned in pre-determined places then of course those tanking would be the only ones to move.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    The shards spawn on top of someone. To control where they spawn it's normal to have 2 groups with those tanking staying put and the rest moving away (~8yds) once the shard has spawned. In all honesty I don't see how else you can do it. If the shards spawned in pre-determined places then of course those tanking would be the only ones to move.
    You don't want to get used to the tactic where you stack as you will lose dps and you'll also have to relearn a whole new tactic when you reach the heroic mode on Baleroc.

It's like teaching a kid to swim with a personal floating device and supose that he/she always will be wearing one when close to water >.<

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    You don't want to get used to the tactic where you stack as you will lose dps and you'll also have to relearn a whole new tactic when you reach the heroic mode on Baleroc.

It's like teaching a kid to swim with a personal floating device and supose that he/she always will be wearing one when close to water >.<
    We do use the stacking tactic on 25 man heroic mode. We always keep the two groups, one melee and one ranged, in an attempt to force the shards to spawn where we want them to. For the most part this works well, but you occasionally get a shard spawning on top of someone who has moved away from their group due to having the debuff. When that happens we deal with it by having the two assigned tankers moving to it and everyone else staying in their group. Everyone with the debuff stands away from their group but nearby so as to keep all possible shard spawns close by, and they move back to their group once the debuff falls off. The only other way I think you could do it is by having everyone spread out to begin with, but the logistics of ensuring somebody without a debuff is in range of all possible shard spawn points would seem prohibitive to me (though if this tactic works I'd be interested to know).

We actually use the everyone is spread to start with method Hoddie and it works really well for us. This however is partly due to the fact that the group I raid with is oddly adept at making on the fly adjustments and 95% the shards spawn in melee for us. I keep waiting for that week where they spawn all over and it just hasn't happened.

95% of shards spawn in melee on a 25-man raid? Well to be honest we do have a ranged heavy raid team so maybe that's why we go with the stacking tactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Item Level 378 equipped.
    Expectations: I recently applied to a more hardcore and progression-based guild (something my last guild was lacking), and was asked to come in for a trial run this weekend, as there is also another shadow priest vying for the same spot. My dps doesn't suck, per se, but I was wondering if there was anything I should be doing differently/could be doing better (aside from gear upgrades from raid.. since I won't be able to raid before my trial run thing :P) to squeeze a couple thousand more out of my dps in order to be better prepared to nail this other shadow priest.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oxxie/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mr...?s=3606&e=3808 (this is a bit old and I have better gear now, but as I recently transferred I haven't been to any raids that record WoL in the past month or so)
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    Item Level 378 equipped.
    Expectations: I recently applied to a more hardcore and progression-based guild (something my last guild was lacking), and was asked to come in for a trial run this weekend, as there is also another shadow priest vying for the same spot. My dps doesn't suck, per se, but I was wondering if there was anything I should be doing differently/could be doing better (aside from gear upgrades from raid.. since I won't be able to raid before my trial run thing :P) to squeeze a couple thousand more out of my dps in order to be better prepared to nail this other shadow priest.
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oxxie/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mr...?s=3606&e=3808 (this is a bit old and I have better gear now, but as I recently transferred I haven't been to any raids that record WoL in the past month or so)
    Keep your DoTs up.

Item Level 384

Why why why do you multi dot on shannox heroic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogling View Post
    Extra orbs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogling View Post
    Meters? The only reason why you DPS?

Extra orbs is the only thing I can think of.