Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Szenty View Post
    Item Level391
    Expectations:To be competitive within the guild
    Armory Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ostadas/simple
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8svt31phe5ues7ne/

This is for our struggling spriest in our guild. We really want to bring him when we start doing Heroics but at this point his dps is way too low for what we need.
    Well your raid is not caster friendly... Missing out on Arcane Tactics and FM with a spriest and a boomkin in the group probably negates the gain you get from the mage being Fire.

Oh Ultraxion your spriest probably could have squeezed in a couple more Mind Blasts and on other fights there are even more he could get in. I'd check with him to make sure he has some notification letting him know when it is off CD. He is probably just not mashing the button quick enough. His DoT uptimes look good though.

For Warlord Blackhorn I'd check to see if he is multi dotting as much as he can. His damage done to targets seems a bit low.

Overall it looks like he is mostly doing things right. He desperately needs 43 more haste though to get to 30% haste. He also have a few misses in those logs so he should probably pick up some more hit as well. If cunning of the cruel and unbinding will drop give those to him as well.. his current trinkets are pretty bad at this point.

Deleted
    Warmaster DPS is all about what kind of player you are. A DPS whore will focus on keeping DoTs on all four targets, often not dodging charges or soak small things. You can also be the one that dodges and soaks and lose your DoTs occassionally and do less DPS. I do not really think there is anyone out there who can do all those things at the same time and do it well. That would require some serious practice. Warmaster must be the most challenging multi-DoT boss ever for a Shadow Priest. It requires so much multi-tasking if you want to do everything properly. I love it.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2012-01-11 at 03:38 AM.

I can keep up most of my dots on nearly all targets and dodge stuff. It just takes a top tier player though. Most people won't do this/can't do this, and honestly, will not have to do this.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAvix View Post
    I can keep up most of my dots on nearly all targets and dodge stuff. It just takes a top tier player though. Most people won't do this/can't do this, and honestly, will not have to do this.
    Log, please. And I am talking heroic of course (where you actually might get punished for eating a rush).

EDIT: Yeah, saw one of your normal Warmaster logs. By the looks of it, you can't. You know you didn't soak a single barrage, right? And you ate three rushes, that is not dodging rushes... Your DoTs are hardly ever on all four targets, not as good as they can be. Dotting up four targets is easy. Keeping them up is the hard part.

So many delusional players in WoW...
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2012-01-12 at 02:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Log, please. And I am talking heroic of course.
    He has not done that fight yet according to wol and armory to save ya some time :P Blackhorn is more tedious then a challenge though on HC mode to keep all dots running because:

A) you have to soak stuff making you go oor from drake sometimes or drake snaps free with reasonable amount of dots but will fall off midair
    B) you have to pick up the slack of others because somehow from the multitude of ranged dps you're one out of two assisting melee killing sapper (siiiigh welcome to the derptrain)
    C) do well the first part until blackhorn lands and watch rogues spearhead to top spots due lololol cleaving, so greedy they are you cant even put dots up on blackhorn or it will go past the critical point.
    D) facepalm due lack of DI

At least HC Madness allows you to multidot to your hearts desire tho shifting with burst and timing of cd's. At least that encounter is well balanced although not as epic mechanic wise as final endboss.
    Last edited by mmoca05de5a2bf; 2012-01-12 at 03:07 AM.

Log, please. And I am talking heroic of course (where you actually might get punished for eating a rush).

EDIT: Yeah, saw one of your normal Warmaster logs. By the looks of it, you can't. You know you didn't soak a single barrage, right? And you ate three rushes, that is not dodging rushes... Your DoTs are hardly ever on all four targets, not as good as they can be. Dotting up four targets is easy. Keeping them up is the hard part.

So many delusional players in WoW...
    Your also assuming there are 4 targets up at once. There usually isn't. Our adds die extremely fast, so I have them up on all 4 while they are alive. As far as I can tell, charges happen on a random person, nothing that you can see. At least not in a 25m. 25s are a whole lot different than 10 mans. For barrages, I soaked every big one, which is what counts. We've done the achieve were you stop every single barrage, so its not needed at this point. The previous post also never mentioned heroic. I'll tackle that when I get there, as it was not stated in your post.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warmaster is a ton of fun, probably my favorite fight in DS.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Deleted
    Recently I've grown more and more irritated about my dps which does not keep up with the rest of my raidgroup in many of the tank n spank encounters. In FL I used to share the 1st place on the dpsmetres with a balance druid, but noticed quite soon in DS that it would be a lot more difficult, if not nearly impossible to maintain that position. For fights where there's not one single pure dps target, such as Spine and Warmaster I top the charts with multiple dot targets and quick burst with 4p bonus, but I've always been more interested in improving the pure dps output.

Armory: Couldn't link since I don't have permission to post links yet. Please look up me anyway, Nasteenka on Defias Brotherhood EU.
    World of Logs: Couldn't link since I don't have permission to post links yet. But search for Thats Nice on Defias Brotherhood EU, last DS raid.

Opening rotation: Volcanic pot + herb skill seconds before combat, then SW:P, 5 MF ticks and, MB and then SF + Dark Evangelism and basically keep dots up / MB when ready and SW when under 25%. Basically the same rotation I've had since I started raiding. Not sure what or how to improve further, so turning to you lads for advice on how to improve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAvix View Post
    Your also assuming there are 4 targets up at once. There usually isn't. Our adds die extremely fast, so I have them up on all 4 while they are alive. As far as I can tell, charges happen on a random person, nothing that you can see. At least not in a 25m. 25s are a whole lot different than 10 mans. For barrages, I soaked every big one, which is what counts. We've done the achieve were you stop every single barrage, so its not needed at this point. The previous post also never mentioned heroic. I'll tackle that when I get there, as it was not stated in your post.
    Sorry, I forgot that 25 man Warmaster is trivial. Heroic or no heroic. I assumed people would know I talked about heroic since Normal mode mechanics are a joke.

I stick to my point though: Warmaster Blackhorn 10 man heroic is probably the most challenging multi-DoT for encounter ever created for Shadow Priests and requires the most individual skill I've ever seen from any encounter. I've never done a fight like this, where it requires so much inidvidual skill and where you have such a complex "rotation". It's not hard to like keep DoTs up on four targets but if you want to do that and dodge all rushes and soak all barrages that you can, then you got your work cut out for you. And that is talking from a rank 17 WoL without DI and legendary perspective.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2012-01-12 at 11:53 AM.

While interesting this talk about if you can manage to multi-dot on heroic Blackhorn or not is moot because the person who was asking about it in the log I looked at had to do with normal mode not heroic. Also it is best to not make assumptions, just because normal modes might be trivial to some doesn't mean that it is true for everyone. This forum is not just for the people who are pushing content at the highest levels, but also other people who are trying to perform to the best of their abilities.

Item Level396
    Expectations:Some feedback about my dots and MF clip (check some log and i fell im doing somthing wrong i appreciate some help)
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nners/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...denar/synners/

I just fell im doing somthing wrong with MF clip

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    While interesting this talk about if you can manage to multi-dot on heroic Blackhorn or not is moot because the person who was asking about it in the log I looked at had to do with normal mode not heroic. Also it is best to not make assumptions, just because normal modes might be trivial to some doesn't mean that it is true for everyone. This forum is not just for the people who are pushing content at the highest levels, but also other people who are trying to perform to the best of their abilities.
    Sorry, my bad. I kind of derailed this thread. I was too excited about that Blizzard finally made a challenging encounter.

Sorry, my bad. I kind of derailed this thread. I was too excited about that Blizzard finally made a challenging encounter.
    Continuing with your derailing, I wanted to say congrats on your legendary but im so sad you guys lost swizzi and your DI

i think you can tell im an avid follower of the machince

Item Level: 391
    Expectations: Be Competitive with Raid Group
    Armory Link:us[period]battle[period]net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Marasal/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:www[period]worldoflogs[period]com/guilds/174578

Hey folks,

Just following up on my request from a few days ago as it seems to have been overlooked. Apologies if there was a better way of doing this.

Reposting since people looking for help got buried beneath a bunch of useless jibber jabber that should be in its own thread.

Trying to fix my dps I feel I am pulling under what I should be for my gear.

Char Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pples/advanced
    World of Logs : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...?s=1312&e=1558

I think I should be able to hit 37-38k but I am finding it nigh impossible but our mage can.

Quote Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
    Item Level: 391
    Expectations: Be Competitive with Raid Group
    Armory Link:us[period]battle[period]net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Marasal/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:www[period]worldoflogs[period]com/guilds/174578

Hey folks,

Just following up on my request from a few days ago as it seems to have been overlooked. Apologies if there was a better way of doing this.
    Ultraxion
    Only cast MB every 11 seconds, should be closer to every 9 seconds (should have cast 32 but only did 26)
    VT uptime 74.8%
    Dp uptime 86.7%
    No sw: death casts, which might be because I think your spriest might not have had her 2pc T13 yet.
    Only got Fading light twice so that is not and excuse for the low uptimes and not casting MB enough.
    Also you might want to check with you spriest to see if she's refreshing DoTs at the beginning and just before the end of heroism... because it looks like that is probably not happening.

Yorsajh was even worse on all those fronts >< So yea all the fights look like your spriest needs to cast MB A LOT more, and needs to work on keep their DoTs up. Also especially with the 2pc T13 now she needs to love sw: death when the boss gets under 25% health.

Gear looks good but she needs to get to 2589 haste asap because it is a pretty significant dps bump. In fact if she reforges the mastery on her helm it should get her there.

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dejavi6 View Post
    I need help with this too
    Ilvl 385
    expectations: not be terrible dps with my kind of gear
    Can't link armory but its Dejavi US Gorefiend us[DOT]battle[DOT]net/wow/en/character/gorefiend/Dejavi/simple
    No logs link but I pull like 18-20k dose in my gear, is this normal?
    Your gear looks mostly good, might want to pick-up more hit if you are having dps issues. It's hard to say much else without logs though.

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 07:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by syslord2k2 View Post
    ilvl 392

WoL: www[dot]worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/zyi7w7r9vay54crn/sum/damageDone/?s=11347&e=11692
    Armory: eu[dot]battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Omnipriest/advanced

This is our last Ultraxion Heroic Try, i feel i should perform better but am unsure of how to achieve that. The part that interests me most if the number of mindblasts cast is summarized together (crits and hits) or if crits are just a part of the normal hits, for this try, my question would be if i really casted only 25 mindblast of wich 11 critted (than i would know where to start fixing my dps), or if i did 36 mindblasts of wich 11 were crits (that would be more the range i would aim to).

Thanks in advance
    You did 36 total Mind Blasts

Getting Fading light 8 times hurts >< Looks like you didn't get DI either which also hurts a lot. I can't tell which heroism you actually got the buff though because your dps barely spikes in either one. I am guessing the first one because it is slightly higher than the second one. I'd say make sure you are tossing up your dots both at the beginning and end of heroism. I think for you it probably comes down to maximizing procs/buffs.

I don't see anything that stands out in your gear, though if you have vplc I'd use that instead of NF.

This is my alt i had to play last week, and may need to keep playing. Played spriest in wotlk so i have a pretty good idea what im doing :3 - Gem in ring is to get me over an extra % of shadow orb damage for HM Spine, would normally be int-haste or i might just change it to 40int as i no longer need the 20haste for 2589

Item Level 395
    Expectations: More consistant burst / any improvements to single target DPS
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nuftf/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ua...=11503&e=11824

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    You did 36 total Mind Blasts

Getting Fading light 8 times hurts >< Looks like you didn't get DI either which also hurts a lot. I can't tell which heroism you actually got the buff though because your dps barely spikes in either one. I am guessing the first one because it is slightly higher than the second one. I'd say make sure you are tossing up your dots both at the beginning and end of heroism. I think for you it probably comes down to maximizing procs/buffs.

I don't see anything that stands out in your gear, though if you have vplc I'd use that instead of NF.
    Thanks for the analasys, as you guessed correctly i got the first heroism that only goes to our dps, the reason why it doesn't outnumber the second by far is that when the second hit our healers we were already in the < 25% range so sw:d does a fair amount of my damage.

I followed the guide of kilee though and configured need to know to track my buffs and will try to consider that. To not drive this tread off topic i will open a new thread with a few questions left and hope you can further assist me.

Deleted
    Item Level: 392
    Expectations:: To do the best I can with the gear I have
    Armory Link::http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zolde/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/109774/

I recently switched to shadow after a long period of healing, and I'm trying to adjust and be competitive, even without having the pieces I would like to have for dps. I read everything I can find, and look better players on WoL, but getting some personal critisism will definately help me more.

Quote Originally Posted by Izolde View Post
    Item Level: 392
    Expectations:: To do the best I can with the gear I have
    Armory Link::http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zolde/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/109774/

I recently switched to shadow after a long period of healing, and I'm trying to adjust and be competitive, even without having the pieces I would like to have for dps. I read everything I can find, and look better players on WoL, but getting some personal critisism will definately help me more.
    Gear

You're currently over the hit cap (marginal as it may be) and for your set of gear your haste value can only cover the 2589 haste break point (can't quite reach 2737). As such I'd make the following reforgings:

Neck - hit -> spirit (optional)
    Waist - crit -> haste
    Feet - spirit -> mastery
    Seal of the Grand Architect - hit -> mastery
    Wand - mastery -> haste

This will put you spot on the 2589 haste break point and 1742 hit cap, which optmises your gear a little better.

Because you've elected to go with epic gems in your rings, strictly speaking they should be 50 Int gems. However if you are comparing them with blue quality gems then they are fine as is. Personally I would have put epic gems in BiS items first, such as your legs which only have blue quality gems.

Log Analysis

I decided to focus on your latest ultraxion kill, mainly because I think that encounter shows us what you are doing in a pure dps sense. The need for movement etc. in the other encounters can make it slightly difficult to understand what you may or may not be doing.

In that log your DoT uptimes can do with some improvement. You missed out on ~20 seconds of VT uptime and ~10 seconds of DP, that's something in the vicinity of 120k damage or so. Your MB's were cast on average every 8.66 seconds, not terrible but its possible to get that number closer to 8 seconds. Your MF uptime could do with some work too. Do you know to clip an existing MF with a new MF in order to avoid the channeled cast server lag? Overwriting a MF with another MF will not clip the tick intervals, instead it just has the effect of increasing the duration of the spell back to it's max duration. If you cast a full MF then try to cast a 2nd, you get reaction and server lag inbetween the casts that then reduce the total number of MF ticks you will get.

Your DPS peaks are perhaps slightly low, I think when you are using your cooldowns optimally you will reach 40k dps on a few occasions but you only managed this during BL and execute phase. If possible you want to time archangel with your trinket procs, working out if it's ok to delay using it will depend on how long the encounter goes for and how long you would need to delay it to line it up with other buffs. You need to work that sort of stuff out based on how your raid is performing. The log is showing you had 180 seconds up time of volcanic power, so something is wrong there, I have no idea if you got to pre-pot or not, obviously you want to time this will trinket procs and archangel too.

As for buffs/debuffs, you seem to have everything but DI, and DI is worth quite a bit, still considering the above you managed a decent number.

You can view my latest log here, for comparison.

edit: One thing I forgot to mention was that with your trinket procs you can abuse them a little, particularly the mastery proc. The mastery change will only affect ES after your next orb'd MB (or MS). So that means the ES that is present (and yet to be refreshed) after the mastery proc has dissipated is still affected by the extra mastery. So with some luck you (ie no orb procs) you can keep it longer, or you have some extra time to refresh DoTs to lock in 1 more application.

The same idea goes with the haste proc, make sure you refresh VT & DP just before it disappears to get another application.

You'll note in my log I got 23 VT casts and 18 DP casts to your 17 & 12, yes my encounter when 20sec longer but you can see I've cast it a lot more frequently (locking in the buffs for more duration).
    Last edited by Worshaka; 2012-01-16 at 12:57 AM.