Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    Most people with any understanding of their class was doing at least 20k by the time they were beginning to touch heroic t11 content, i.e. 355-359 ilvl. It always amazes me how poorly people play classes and then continue to attribute that performance to gear rather than lack of comprehension of the class. Some basic research and practice really puts you far ahead of people without said research and practice, regardless of gear.

---------- Post added 2011-11-01 at 09:07 PM ----------

Nope, it's right. Your own personal anecdotal experience with warrior dps means nothing when you examine potential dps from a mathematical standpoint, believe it or not.

No. It is wrong. If unholy dps was the 2nd best dps in the game there would not be so many frost dks now would there? Such an idiot.

Zanzil doesn't count. DKs just dark sim that fire line he casts.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have run ZA/ZG countless times across many alts and have never seen anyone pull more than 30K DPS on a non-gimmick fight. This does not mean that I don't believe that people can do it.

What does that suggest to me? That the groups I am getting are full of people who should be running it i.e. gearing up, rather than decked out raiders trying to blitz the dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntler View Post
    7*140=980

Worst case scenario, on ten man only:

7*120=840, leaving 140 points left, which = occuthar which is still more efficient than ZA or ZG.

If you're a ten man guild who isn't doing well in Firelands (maybe you need more gear) , you can get 420 from t11, 140 from occuthar, you should get the 35 from argoloth because you need the gear, leaving 385 points, so you can cap out going 3/7 firelands in a bad pug.

Raiding is still the most time-efficient way to deal with the problem.
    Yeah raiding +BH is definately the best way to get valors but sometimes do 5mans on wednesday to buy pants/gloves/chest for third off-spec, don't wanna waste heroic tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Gringgotts View Post
    Sometimes I dispell the fire cauldron on DPS because I hate meter-paddling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Sometimes I dispell the fire cauldron on DPS because I hate meter-paddling.
    It's not really meter padding. It makes the boss die faster.

I do around 30k on boss fights in zulagains but that is with popping all cooldowns and hoping all my rng goes right (demo warlock). I do about 40k on baleroc easily but I am not doing the crystals at all. When I have a zul group that does average of 18-22k overall for the run I am a happy camper. My opinion is that most people that say they are getting 40k on every boss fight in zuls is their peak, not sustained. They probably don't wait for the damage meter to normalize, which may take a second or two after the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringgotts View Post
    Got nerfed long time ago and does around 120k dmg now. Still a bit but not as bad as as it was with introduce of the zandas.

15+ Year Old Account
    When people talk about numbers that high it isn't sustained damage levels they're talking about, they're just talking about maximum potential damage even if it only lasts a matter of 20 seconds, or until their CD's run out and the average comes back down to a sane (25 to 30k) sustained dps level over a period of say a raid boss lasting 4 to 8 minutes. I have peaked in single target dps at a little over 36k before, but my typical sustained dps is between 22 to 28k dps depending on the fight; AoE can go much higher but I personally don't care about AoE numbers, only single target sustained.
    Mímir, 100 Night Elf Hunter, Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    No. It is wrong. If unholy dps was the 2nd best dps in the game there would not be so many frost dks now would there? Such an idiot.
    That's the 4.3 projected dps, post-melee attack power buff and post-fixing of the fact that unholy pets do not scale with their crit right now. hur duurrr reading is so hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    You should really learn to read. Those numbers are using the 4.3 adjustments....Such an idiot.

When heroics first came out fully geared from Heroics would net you a 346ish iLevel give or take a few rep epics. If you had a group with everyone doing 6k DPS or so you were relatively happy.
    I don't know about you but I was never happy with people doing 6k dps seeing as that was medium dps from the last expansion. If I had groups of people doing that I assumed they didn't know how to play their class, or gear their toon, or were just poor players in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    You should really learn to read. Those numbers are using the 4.3 adjustments....Such an idiot.
    Suchhhh an idiott gosh suchh an idiot. The only thing idiotic is your terrible performance on Heroic rag. What were you doing phase one again?

Looking at simulationcraft.org image he linked, it says nothing about patch 4.3 on the image, so reading what exactly? Seeing as it says T12 instead of simming numbers on oh how about t13 because that will be the gear when the patch releases. smoke your hookah more and look like a douche
    Last edited by Muraza; 2011-11-03 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorfisnson View Post
    Nope it's there a guidly easily pulled 37k yesterday in BH and that wasn't really trying I think as it was a PuG
    /facepalm BH is a raid with at least 10 people not a 5 man heroic dungeon. Therefore raid boss health pools make it easier for people to achieve higher DPS numbers, where it is MUCH harder to ramp up the DPS for a 5 man boss due to the major difference in health pools.