Battle for Azeroth - Simultaneous Launch in all Regions
Originally Posted by Blizzard
For the first time in World of Warcraft® history, the next expansion—Battle for Azeroth™—will launch in the Americas, Europe, Taiwan, Korea, and Australia/New Zealand at the same time. Wherever you live and whatever faction you fight for, you can be part of one globally unified front as the battle for Azeroth begins.

Check the details below for the exact time you can begin logging in to explore Kul Tiras—for the Alliance!— or Zandalar—for the Horde!—in World of Warcraft’s upcoming expansion.


  • Americas (PDT) - August 13* 3:00p.m.
  • Europe (CEST) - August 14 12:00a.m.
  • Taiwan (CST) - August 14 6:00a.m.
  • Korea (KST) - August 14 7:00a.m.
  • ANZ (AEST) - August 14 8:00a.m.
  • UTC - August 13 10:00p.m.

See you in Azeroth, friends.

*To align with other regions, the Americas will launch slightly ahead of August 14 in local time.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Battle for Azeroth - Simultaneous Launch in all Regions started by chaud View original post
Comments 184 Comments
  1. kabobness's Avatar
    Has anyone else noticed the dates on the graphic are wrong? August 13 is Monday, August 14 is Tuesday.
  1. Tyrean's Avatar
    So, they say it is Tuesday the 13th, but that is actually Monday the 13th. Normally launches are on Tuesday (patch day in America) so is it the 13th or the 14th? I want to put it on my calendar!
  1. Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    Same time as always for eu.
  1. ONCHEhap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Nice to see EU getting screwed again. Cant NA get the midnight release while EU getting the 4PM? Ofc not.
    It's alright,they need all the help they can get if they want to get at least one guild in the top 20
  1. mmocb477b6e667's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Nice to see EU getting screwed again. Cant NA get the midnight release while EU getting the 4PM? Ofc not.
    That’s not how the time zones work? The whole point of this is to have a simultaneous launch world wide. If US got it At midnight EU would launch at 8AM, which is objectively worse (unless you’ve taken the day off).
  1. Tradu's Avatar
    Imagine writing times in the format used in the region the time is applicable to.
  1. kaintk's Avatar
    from quebec playing on europe server = hourray, it means 18h in quebec, canada to play on europe server =D
  1. Tradu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    I dont get this stupid american timeformat (like all of american formats btw). Does it mean Paris at 00:00 or 12:00 in real Time-Format?
    It's 00:00, because when you count you go 12, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. In America, anyway.
  1. Dracullus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Enchant View Post
    BFA, not making any promises as anything can happen, might have one of smoothest launches. I like what they're doing with mapping the times like this, too.
    It can't really be more smooth than Legion, at least in my case. I got starting quest 10 minutes before launch and literally had 0 problems for next few days (when some idiots DDOS servers).

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    So, they say it is Tuesday the 13th, but that is actually Monday the 13th. Normally launches are on Tuesday (patch day in America) so is it the 13th or the 14th? I want to put it on my calendar!
    Expansion launches have nothing to do with patch days. You'll have all content files first day of prepatch, they'll just flip switch on during launch.
  1. Spryte's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Poor login servers.
    Would this really change anything since each region has different servers anyway?
  1. Cebel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Nice to see EU getting screwed again. Cant NA get the midnight release while EU getting the 4PM? Ofc not.
    You realize NA has had every single launch between 12am and 3am local time based on timezone right?
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    I dont get this stupid american timeformat (like all of american formats btw). Does it mean Paris at 00:00 or 12:00 in real Time-Format?
    12 am is equal to 24, which is equal to 0. There are various time zone converters out there to make it easier to understand. Just use google. It isn't an american time format either. It is a 12 hour vs 24 hour. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12-hou...Use_by_country

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    So, they say it is Tuesday the 13th, but that is actually Monday the 13th. Normally launches are on Tuesday (patch day in America) so is it the 13th or the 14th? I want to put it on my calendar!
    The launch is Tuesday the 14th. Some time zones are launching earlier on the 13th because of the way time zones work. No where in the announcement does it say that Tuesday is the 13th.
  1. Tradu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    12 am is equal to 24, which is equal to 0. There are various time zone converters out there to make it easier to understand. Just use google. It isn't an american time format either. It is a 12 hour vs 24 hour. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12-hou...Use_by_country
    Typically the only time most people on the internet see it used is by American companies/people, though. And 12 being the first hour of a "segment" of the day makes no sense regardless of who uses the system. Also using 12 hour times for launch times in regions that don't use the 12 hour system is pretty stupid(and UTC is purely 24 hour, so using am/pm in connection with that is even more stupid)
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kabobness View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the dates on the graphic are wrong? August 13 is Monday, August 14 is Tuesday.
    That is on purpose.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    *To align with other regions, the Americas will launch slightly ahead of August 14 in local time.
  1. mmoc2b606a4969's Avatar
    Lol, i bet the queue boss will return this year.

    "Your 1000000 in line check back in 3 days."
  1. mmocb477b6e667's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That is on purpose.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    *To align with other regions, the Americas will launch slightly ahead of August 14 in local time.
    The graphic was updated a few minutes ago. It said Tuesday the 13th/Wednesday the 14th when it was first posted.
  1. The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kabobness View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the dates on the graphic are wrong? August 13 is Monday, August 14 is Tuesday.
    There's this thing called 'The International Dateline'. Right now, at certain parts of the world, it's technically 'tomorrow'.
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The launch is Tuesday the 14th. Some time zones are launching earlier on the 13th because of the way time zones work. No where in the announcement does it say that Tuesday is the 13th.
    They fixed it, but the graphic used to say "Tuesday 13, 2018 | Wednesday 14, 2018"
  1. rhorle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Typically the only time most people on the internet see it used is by American companies/people, though. And 12 being the first hour of a "segment" of the day makes no sense regardless of who uses the system.
    Again though it originated from the British rather then Americans. It isn't an American thing even if it is most commonly seen from American places. It is pretty much just a semantic thing for the day starting at 0 or 12. It is 0 o'clock vs it is 12 o'clock. They certainly could have numbered it differently but it isn't illogical in the slightest. Roman numerals do not have an equivalent for 0. That is likely another reason why 12 was ingrained instead of 0.

    Not to mention even 24 hour time uses 12 for noon. So either way it should still make sense no matter using "American" or "Not American". 12-hour format is just 24 divide in half.
  1. Jueles's Avatar
    Oh wow. Usually I'm logging in at 3 a.m, this is a whole 9 hours earlier to log in! Everybody will be on, discord will be buzzing! Dungeons can be run with guildies. It will be an interesting time!

Site Navigation