WoW Classic Closed Beta Has Returned
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Thanks to your help testing WoW Classic, we’ve fixed many additional reported bugs since the Beta ended last month. To really ensure that these fixes are all functioning as expected and prepare the smoothest possible launch in two weeks, we’ve just re-opened our closed beta realms for additional testing of WoW Classic.

All testers who previously had access to the closed beta are now able to log into those realms. Characters that were previously created on the beta test realms were removed, and level 40-character templates are now available. The level cap has been increased to 45. Characters in this range will find level-appropriate quests to explore in zones such as Stranglethorn Vale, Swamp of Sorrows, Dustwallow Marsh, and Desolace.

As before, please use the in-game Bug Report button to submit issues encountered while testing. If you need more text space to explain an issue you encountered, please take it to our WoW Classic Support and Bug Report forum, which is now open for new threads.

This final closed beta test will end on Friday, 16 August.

Thanks in advance to everyone who jumps in to test WoW Classic and help us prepare for its worldwide release on 27 August at 12:01 a.m. CEST!
This article was originally published in forum thread: WoW Classic Closed Beta Has Returned - Until Friday August 16 started by chaud View original post
Comments 129 Comments
  1. Frolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Not nearly as pathetic as the insane amounts of delusion that permeates the minds of Classic fanboys who think that outdated trash is still good in 2019.
    Your free to NOT play Classic since you despise it so badly and let others enjoy it.
    Or does that offend you?
  1. Sigxy the Lemming's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    You seem to act like a "No you!" kind of person right there. People like different things.
  1. Lurker1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by legendaryusername View Post
    Cuz they cant deal with the fact that bfa is terrible. I dont think classic is 10/10 but for sure its Better than bfa in some aspects and vice versa
    With patch 8.2 BFA is a perfect 10/10 imho now.
  1. Hey There Guys its Metro's Avatar
    Hmm that really worries me honestly. Am I the only one?
  1. Stormykitten's Avatar
    There's gonna be a difference between broken and broken for classic.
  1. Vampyr78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GaiusLucian View Post
    What about the 3 pre-made characters I made? They will stay right? Cause I made 3 and I can't make additional characters for this "new" test. And I don't wan't to lose the names/characters I made.
    Closed Beta is only till Friday so like 3 days and it has a seperate client, sepretate servers. It's only available to those that were invited to the previous Beta and because it's short they won't invite any more people. You don't have to worry about your 3 characters, they are gona stay until you delete them, as I said Beta has different realms.
  1. dragothica's Avatar
    If only they could just release the game earlier, this name reservation was way too early at two weeks before launch. Now there's nothing else to do but wait..

    This whole "Closed Beta" is a joke, the sole reason it exists is to generate hype through streamers. Better call it streamer demo..
  1. Cavox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    With patch 8.2 BFA is a perfect 10/10 imho now.
    More like 9/11.
  1. illiterite's Avatar
    Yes classic is outdated. Yes theres a lot of clouded judgement on how great things were 15 years ago. Yes countless QoL improvements have been made that make the game much better.

    But the thing with retail is the leveling is tedious. Tedious in the sense that from the moment you create a brand new character until the moment you hit level 120, nothing in the world stands a chance against you. You are an absolute god with borderline cheat codes enabled just by existing. Level 10? Charge into 4 mobs and aoe them down in any spec on any class. Same thing at level 54 or 92 or 110.

    In classic leveling is tedious and much much much slower, but the reward and challenge makes that slog enjoyable. Reaching level 10 took hours, but those hours required me to pay attention and think about how many mobs I can potentially pull and survive, how much mana and HP Ive got, do I have pots if needed. Its still not HARD, but its at least engaging.

    I think that the concern with max level content is accurate, a large % of players will tire of the raids after a few runs because they have in fact done them a billion times before and the mechanics are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr easier to manage than todays game, but thats okay...why not just stop caring about who is playing what version and enjoy whatever youre doing?
  1. Keesasha Reborn's Avatar
    It's good for streamers, i guess. As a random player, there's not much reason to play.
  1. Haidaes's Avatar
    Do they want people to burn out early? Tempting them with beta access now so close to release seems kinda dumb, either you are ready by now or you fucked it up again. I lean more towards the later. Or it's just cheap hype bait for twitch.
  1. OriginalName's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Never underestimate just how delusional Classic flaggers are with their "This matters in Classic but has been REMOVED in Retail!!"-approach though. Apparently, we're literally prevented from meeting people, having fun and feeling rewarded all at the same time.
    It's not that you're being prevented from (in this case), meeting people, it's that almost all organic demand to come together in grouped content is gone. There's no incentive from the player to ever talk to other people, or make any meaningful connection and the game has scaled back almost all of that over the years.

    You can stop and talk to people, but more often than not, you won't get anything out of the game for doing that, while in a classic environment, if you made friends with a mage, you now had a MAGE friend, which will net you a bunch of benefits. Now, don't get me wrong, people arent social because it nets them benefits, but it does create a feedback to in this case, mages that there is a meaningful thing to gain from social interaction with, and as a mage.
  1. Ghostile's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
    It's not that you're being prevented from (in this case), meeting people, it's that almost all organic demand to come together in grouped content is gone. There's no incentive from the player to ever talk to other people, or make any meaningful connection and the game has scaled back almost all of that over the years.

    You can stop and talk to people, but more often than not, you won't get anything out of the game for doing that, while in a classic environment, if you made friends with a mage, you now had a MAGE friend, which will net you a bunch of benefits. Now, don't get me wrong, people arent social because it nets them benefits, but it does create a feedback to in this case, mages that there is a meaningful thing to gain from social interaction with, and as a mage.
    The benefit in making friends never went away.
    The interest in making friends online did.
  1. Budong's Avatar
    The sheer amount of insecurity in this thread is amazing. What a bunch of man babies
  1. thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by illiterite View Post
    Yes classic is outdated. Yes theres a lot of clouded judgement on how great things were 15 years ago. Yes countless QoL improvements have been made that make the game much better.

    But the thing with retail is the leveling is tedious. Tedious in the sense that from the moment you create a brand new character until the moment you hit level 120, nothing in the world stands a chance against you. You are an absolute god with borderline cheat codes enabled just by existing. Level 10? Charge into 4 mobs and aoe them down in any spec on any class. Same thing at level 54 or 92 or 110.

    In classic leveling is tedious and much much much slower, but the reward and challenge makes that slog enjoyable. Reaching level 10 took hours, but those hours required me to pay attention and think about how many mobs I can potentially pull and survive, how much mana and HP Ive got, do I have pots if needed. Its still not HARD, but its at least engaging.

    I think that the concern with max level content is accurate, a large % of players will tire of the raids after a few runs because they have in fact done them a billion times before and the mechanics are farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr easier to manage than todays game, but thats okay...why not just stop caring about who is playing what version and enjoy whatever youre doing?
    I have to ask one question but 1st a note I did NOT play vanilla didn't even know the game existed tilll tbc, i didn't enjoy leveling there i found it over done tbh, i still find leveling boring today i enjoyed all of the expansions after that, baring that in mind is there any appeal for me to try classic other than the "try it to see if you like it approach"

    back to the topic seems they are trying to iron out so last minuet bugs that they want to make sure are gone be4 it goes live i wish the classic players would appreciate that as i wish they did that with retail. now with classic coming out i wish the classic players that want to
    stay in their game form the past will leave retail alone and stop trying to make it like classic
  1. Mendzia's Avatar
    BFA players are soooooo mad dude.
    I love it!
  1. OriginalName's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    The benefit in making friends never went away.
    The interest in making friends online did.
    I don't know if this is true or not, but there's a stark difference in how BfA treats social interactions and how it organically occurs vs how classic does it, evidently a lot of people favour the latter over the former.
  1. thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    BFA players are soooooo mad dude.
    I love it!
    im not mad tbh trying to work out whiter its worth trying or not, as i didnt play back in vanilla
  1. Mendzia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    im not mad
    Yeah i mean others in this post clrealy hate ANYTHING about Classic.

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    tbh trying to work out whiter its worth trying or not, as i didnt play back in vanilla
    Give it a try of you are subbed!
  1. Nite92's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Agreed. No amount of Beta testing will fix what is a fundamentally archaic, slow and broken game.

    I find it hilarious these Classic Zealots call BFA "broken" when Vanilla was a hundred times worse.
    These fucking people who say my game is bad. Theirs is 100x worse. /Hipocrasy off

Site Navigation