Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - February 10, 2020
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Classes
  • Paladin
    • [Live with regional resets] Avenging Wrath may be activated if another Avenging Wrath is active (such as from Vision of Perfection).

Dungeons and Raids
  • Ny’alotha, the Waking City
    • Wrathion, The Black Emperor
      • Fixed an issue that prevented players from receiving loot if they did not generate threat during the encounter.
    • N’Zoth the Corruptor
      • [Live with regional resets] N’Zoth’s health reduced by 5% on Mythic difficulty.
      • [Live with regional resets] Thought Harvesters’ health reduced by 5% on Mythic difficulty.
    • Tol Dagor
      • The Sand Queen
        • Upheaval’s damage reduced by 13%.
      • Overseer Korgus
        • Explosive Burst damage reduced by 18%.
        • Blast Rounds knockback distance reduced.

Items and Rewards
  • Thaumaturge Vashreen has relocated his supplies of the Deathslaver's Hauberk, and it can once again be obtained for Titan Residuum.
    • Corrupted Items
      • [Live with regional resets] Avoidant now subjects you to 20% less Corruption at each rank.
      • [Live with regional resets] Deadly Momentum’s buff duration has been increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).
      • [Live with regional resets] Echoing Void damage has been reduced by 50%.
        • Echoing Void no longer deals reduced damage in PvP combat.
        • [Live with regional resets] Fixed a bug which caused Gushing Wound (Corrupted Effect) to extend its duration if it triggered on a target it was already active on.
      • [Live with regional resets] Reduced Gushing Wound’s damage by 15%.
      • [Live with regional resets] Surging Vitality’s Versatility value has been increased by 10%.
      • [Live with regional resets] Void Ritual’s stat bonus per stack has been approximately doubled at each rank.
      • Grasping Tendrils is no longer dispellable by Magic dispels and will no longer appear on players’ raid frame UI; it can still be removed by abilities that remove snares.
        • Developer's Note: We originally made this effect’s snare dispellable so that players could save each other if they were afflicted with it in unfortunate Void Zone-like circumstances. However, we've received feedback that in large-group environments, Grasping Tendrils’ appearance on raid frames could sometimes cause players to overlook more critical debuffs to dispel. We're making this change so players can better see Magic effects in their raid frames as significant debuffs that should be paid attention to and react accordingly.

UI
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Onyx War Hyena to appear in the Mounts tab of the Collection journal.
This article was originally published in forum thread: Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - February 10, 2020 started by Lumy View original post
Comments 41 Comments
  1. Justpassing's Avatar
    Meh what's the point of minmaxing if stuff you hoard gets nerfed overnight... I mean echoing void was pretty OP but, ech I guess I'm just salty
  1. YouGotWarts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Meh what's the point of minmaxing if stuff you hoard gets nerfed overnight... I mean echoing void was pretty OP but, ech I guess I'm just salty
    No you are actually right. I am tired of having to min/max for this horrible gear system only to be told everything I been doing is incorrect and no I must farm the opposite of what I was using. It is just pure imbalance and rng.
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Meh what's the point of minmaxing if stuff you hoard gets nerfed overnight... I mean echoing void was pretty OP but, ech I guess I'm just salty
    They could have just nerfed it for tank specs, where it is op, but nope, just blanket it
  1. Sithalos's Avatar
    So much for the week of feedback that was given about how a 50% EV nerf was too harsh for DPS specs, and needed to be laser focused on tanks.

    Guess I shouldn't be surprised that they went with the lazy blanket nerf.
  1. carlos9949's Avatar
    Whats the point? All the gear will be trash in 9.0
  1. Antero's Avatar
    pray that Twilight Devastation remains untouched
  1. Turaska's Avatar
    ALL of those corruption changes should have been live before Mythic was even released.
  1. deenman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    Whats the point? All the gear will be trash in 9.0
    why eat if you will just be hungry later
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    ALL of those corruption changes should have been live before Mythic was even released.
    They never should have based something around health without thinking "huh, don't tanks have a bunch of health? Maybe we should make sure it doesn't make tanks op"
  1. Ghostile's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Meh what's the point of minmaxing if stuff you hoard gets nerfed overnight... I mean echoing void was pretty OP but, ech I guess I'm just salty
    Overnight with a weeks warning
  1. Eapoe's Avatar
    All the people complaining about the wrong effects:
    1). You have enjoyed the OP aspect, so you haven’t wasted anything.
    2). You should have been saving all corrupted gear so you would have replacements anyways. Come on, who wouldn’t expect things to be nerfed/buffed with such big gaps between power levels?”.
    3). Goes with 2. If you haven’t been saving gear then either you aren’t getting it to have anyways, or you cleansed it which, again, why would you not hang onto it for a week or 2 to see if buffs or nerfs happen?
  1. Argorwal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They never should have based something around health without thinking "huh, don't tanks have a bunch of health? Maybe we should make sure it doesn't make tanks op"
    It was weird how all the guilds were benching their dps for tanks with EV since it was so broke and buffed their damage so much it made them put dps to shame.

    O wait...
  1. exochaft's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They never should have based something around health without thinking "huh, don't tanks have a bunch of health? Maybe we should make sure it doesn't make tanks op"
    While it is/was strong for tanks, it's still pretty strong for DPS, too. Even going through logs, DPS with 1-2 EV's are generally leagues above everyone else who does not have them, unless it's a pure ST fight and IS moves ahead. However, depending upon your class, EV was only slightly behind IS for ST and insanely ahead of all other corruptions for AoE/cleave.

    Simply put, the reason this corruption is getting nerfed isn't because of tanks, it's getting nerfed because it's way too good for DPS in almost every scenario. If it truly was balanced for DPS and overpowered for tanks, Blizz could easily put in a modifier where it does 50% less damage for tanks (like they have for PvP). Considering the PvP adjustment is getting removed and not staying in place with the overall 50% nerf coming tomorrow, it's clearly perceived that EV is strong for everyone and not just tanks.

    Be that as it may, I still think the more reasonable solution would be to buff everything else, especially at this stage of the patch. Blizz doesn't have to worry about power creep into the next tier because all the gear will be reset in 9.0, so they could easily just let things get a little crazy for everyone.
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    It was weird how all the guilds were benching their dps for tanks with EV since it was so broke and buffed their damage so much it made them put dps to shame.

    O wait...
    Ah yes, the DK tanking wearing cloth pants with EV was just for the lols. This wasn't about making tanks MORE than a DPS, encounters are just balanced around a certain amount of Tank dps that they were exceeding.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    While it is/was strong for tanks, it's still pretty strong for DPS, too. Even going through logs, DPS with 1-2 EV's are generally leagues above everyone else who does not have them, unless it's a pure ST fight and IS moves ahead. However, depending upon your class, EV was only slightly behind IS for ST and insanely ahead of all other corruptions for AoE/cleave.

    Simply put, the reason this corruption is getting nerfed isn't because of tanks, it's getting nerfed because it's way too good for DPS in almost every scenario. If it truly was balanced for DPS and overpowered for tanks, Blizz could easily put in a modifier where it does 50% less damage for tanks (like they have for PvP). Considering the PvP adjustment is getting removed and not staying in place with the overall 50% nerf coming tomorrow, it's clearly perceived that EV is strong for everyone and not just tanks.

    Be that as it may, I still think the more reasonable solution would be to buff everything else, especially at this stage of the patch. Blizz doesn't have to worry about power creep into the next tier because all the gear will be reset in 9.0, so they could easily just let things get a little crazy for everyone.
    I would have rather seen everything else buffed. It's the fun that matters.

    All this is going to do is shift it to TD and then TD will get nerfed and then it'll get shifted to the next thing, until they all suck and then it's just another boring system.
  1. otaXephon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Ah yes, the DK tanking wearing cloth pants with EV was just for the lols. This wasn't about making tanks MORE than a DPS, encounters are just balanced around a certain amount of Tank dps that they were exceeding.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I would have rather seen everything else buffed. It's the fun that matters.

    All this is going to do is shift it to TD and then TD will get nerfed and then it'll get shifted to the next thing, until they all suck and then it's just another boring system.
    Yes, I agree with this which is why Blizzard should never nerf overperforming specs, either. Just buff everything else so that it's all equal.

    There's no way that won't have any negative consequences. Nope. None whatsoever. :^)
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yes, I agree with this which is why Blizzard should never nerf overperforming specs, either. Just buff everything else so that it's all equal.

    There's no way that won't have any negative consequences. Nope. None whatsoever. :^)
    depends on the level of overperformance, but specs are also a completely different ballgame, they are a continuous thing, they will still exist in the next expansion, corruption won't, they can let us have fun with it without affecting more permanent gameplay.

    Btw, what does the comic have to do with balance lol? Aside from the (probably true) observation that even if all is balanced one still has to be "on top"
  1. otaXephon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Btw, what does the comic have to do with balance lol? Aside from the (probably true) observation that even if all is balanced one still has to be "on top"
    Because that's exactly what you're asking for you when you say Blizzard should "just buff everything else"? Hello?
  1. Onikaroshi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Because that's exactly what you're asking for you when you say Blizzard should "just buff everything else"? Hello?
    Expect I'm not asking them to buff something that's already balanced because "dk is on top" i have no idea what you are trying to get at?
  1. otaXephon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Expect I'm not asking them to buff something that's already balanced because "dk is on top" i have no idea what you are trying to get at?
    ...oh my. Let me slow this down for you. If Blizzard buffs all Corrupted effects to be "balanced" with one another, the issue is now that there isn't a best or worst Corruption but rather that none of the Corrupted effects feel unique with their own strengths/weaknesses. As a result, the game becomes more sanitized and less fun*. (The joke in the comic is that with everything balanced, DK is on top because of its place in the alphabet.)

    Regardless, the solution to balance issues is never to make all things Thanos-approved, but rather to nerf/buff the extreme outliers. That's exactly what Blizzard is doing with this last round of adjustments. Anybody who is surprised by this either hasn't been playing WoW very long or they're so stupidly cynical about the current state of the game that they legitimately thought Blizzard didn't give a shit.

    *please do not tell me what your definition of fun is.
  1. Sl3jhy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They could have just nerfed it for tank specs, where it is op, but nope, just blanket it
    and in the process they made it into pretty much tank only corruption

Site Navigation