Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I got the addon to work and man do I love it.....I mean if you could love an addon right ?
    So if I were to want to know the proc for oh lets say something like the Heart of Solace ? How would that work ?
    I'm not really sure where to start myself.

Hi,
    I'm not sure why I'm not getting how to use this addon, but I'm confused.

With some help I was able to set up a grid w/ a couple of bars and a couple of icons that is really helpful for my Holy Paladin.

However, I have just created a dual spec for Retribution (cause friends insist it will be better for leveling from 80 to 85 :-).

So knowing nothing about playing a Ret Pally, I've been googling around and reading some stuff about what "rotation" of abilities to use, and now I think that clcInfo could really help if I understood how to set it up, and how to use it once it is set up.

The 1st post in this thread was interesting but seemed to assume a lot of knowledge that I don't have. For instance, what's a filler?

Also in the config for clcInfo I see a section of "Class Modules" with Retribution under it, but I have no idea how to use it.

So if someone wouldn't mind really starting from the beginning and describe what I might want to set up w/ clcInfo and then how I would actually use it (ie I'm assuming it's somehow about giving an indication of the best ability to use next/now?)

Thanks,
    Mike

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Edit - I'm a tard and was just looking over my problem every time =D
    Last edited by zeq; 2011-01-13 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    Does anyone know how to only show a buff when it reaches a certain amount of stacks? Tried everything.

If IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Raw Fury") c => 5
    return IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Raw Fury")

doesn't work and i have tried lots of other ways too :[

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant seem to get any addon to work with CLCinfo in regards to Cooldowns, trinket watching, and its annoying. anyone know of one that is compatible?
    God forbid I see a cast bar on my target. I'm going to interrupt that cast out of fucking existence. I will rebuke that spell out of the game data, that's how I'm going to roll with my pally now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vacor View Post
    I cant seem to get any addon to work with CLCinfo in regards to Cooldowns, trinket watching, and its annoying. anyone know of one that is compatible?
    What exactly do you mean? Better yet what are you trying to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

So ... CLCret or CLCinfo?
    I have had a good play with CLCinfo, and for those that want a fully configurable addon it's brilliant. I am a novice when configuring addons like CLCinfo and I could only get the basics out of it vs my patience - even with Req's excellent guide.
    Is CLCret fairly plug and play out of interest?
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    What exactly do you mean? Better yet what are you trying to do?
    Pretty much what your example photos show, a abilty that is on CD that has a number on it telling you how many seconds till its back up.
    God forbid I see a cast bar on my target. I'm going to interrupt that cast out of fucking existence. I will rebuke that spell out of the game data, that's how I'm going to roll with my pally now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much what your example photos show, a abilty that is on CD that has a number on it telling you how many seconds till its back up.
    What abilities for example? Everything? Certain things?

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post
    So ... CLCret or CLCinfo?
    I have had a good play with CLCinfo, and for those that want a fully configurable addon it's brilliant. I am a novice when configuring addons like CLCinfo and I could only get the basics out of it vs my patience - even with Req's excellent guide.
    Is CLCret fairly plug and play out of interest?
    It really depends on what you are trying to get it to do, For the small standard things is is easy just doesn't have near the capabilities. If there is something you are trying to get setup feel free to ask I'm sure I can provide you the details you need.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    The best examples I can give you is this.

EDIT: after looking back to where I based my Ui from I think i figured out the problem- no OmniCC.
    stupid me, sorry
    Last edited by vacor; 2011-01-25 at 06:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The best examples I can give you is this.
    Ok so the most important CD's that I have setup are the following.

Zealotry
    Code:
    local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Zealotry")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconSpell("Zealotry")
    if IconSpell("Zealotry", nil, "ready") then return IconSpell("Zealotry") end
    return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, nil, .5
    end
    return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, nil, 1
    Avenging Wrath
    Code:
    local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Avenging Wrath")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconSpell("Avenging Wrath")
    if IconSpell("Avenging Wrath", nil, "ready") then return IconSpell("Avenging Wrath") end
    end
    GoAK
    Code:
    local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Guardian of Ancient Kings")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconSpell("Guardian of Ancient Kings")
    if IconSpell("Zealotry", nil, "ready") then return IconSpell("Guardian of Ancient Kings") end
    end
    Dine Plea
    Code:
    local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Divine Plea")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconSpell("Divine Plea")
    if IconSpell("Divine Plea", nil, "ready") then return IconSpell("Divine Plea") end
    end
    Gloves Enchant - Engineering
    Code:
    local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Hyperspeed Acceleration")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconItem(GetInventoryItemID("player", 10))
    if duration ~= 0 then return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, nil, .5 end
    return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, nil, 1 end
    Every Man for Himself
    Code:
    local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Every Man for Himself")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconSpell("Every Man for Himself")
    if IconSpell("Arcane Torrent", nil, "ready") then return IconSpell("Every Man for Himself") end
    end
    Nitro Boost
    Code:
    local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Nitro Boosts")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconItem(GetInventoryItemID("player", 6))
    if duration ~= 0 then return visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, nil, .5 end
    Cloak
    Code:
    local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Parachute")
    if not visible then local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count, alpha = IconItem(GetInventoryItemID("player", 15))
    JotP
    Code:
    local _, _, _, _, _, dur, exp = UnitBuff("player", "Judgements of the Pure", nil, "PLAYER")
    if exp then 
      if (exp - GetTime()) <= 10 then
        return true, "Interface\\Icons\\Ability_paladin_judgementofthepure", (exp - dur), dur, 1, nil, nil, 0.5
      end
    else
      return true, "Interface\\Icons\\Ability_paladin_judgementofthepure"
    end
    Hammer of Wrath
    Code:
    if UnitExists("target") and UnitCanAttack("player", "target") and not UnitIsDead("target") then
      local c = floor(UnitHealth("target") / UnitHealthMax("target") * 100)
      if c <= 20 or IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Avenging Wrath") then
        return IconSpell("Hammer of Wrath", true)
      end
    end
    Inquisition
    Code:
    local _, _, _, _, _, dur, exp = UnitBuff("player", "Inquisition", nil, "PLAYER")
    if exp then 
      if (exp - GetTime()) <= 10 then
        return true, "Interface\\Icons\\spell_paladin_inquisition", (exp - dur), dur, 1, nil, nil, 0.5
      end
    else
      return true, "Interface\\Icons\\spell_paladin_inquisition"
    end

10+ Year Old Account
    How exhaustive would it be to set up a priority system for, say, an Arms or Fury warrior using CLCinfo? I already have cooldowns and things of that nature but I'd really like to be able to have CLCinfo focus on rotation for a good many other classes just as it does for my paladin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phabulous View Post
    How exhaustive would it be to set up a priority system for, say, an Arms or Fury warrior using CLCinfo? I already have cooldowns and things of that nature but I'd really like to be able to have CLCinfo focus on rotation for a good many other classes just as it does for my paladin.
    Well I worked on this for my Warrior and the hardest thing to control in a rotation is Rage Warriors are really hard to model properly because of rage.

Hey is there a way to set up an icon so that it only shows up if it is cast by me?

I'm trying to clump all my paladin auras into the space that 1 icon takes up so that if I have devo up, it only shows devo. I'm currently using the following code on an icon for each aura:

Code:
    return IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Devotion Aura")
    Problem I'm running into is it will detect other paladin auras that affect me in my raid. So it will display my Devo aura and my buddy's Resistance aura at the same time. Is there a way to do what I want here?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirt View Post
    Hey is there a way to set up an icon so that it only shows up if it is cast by me?

I'm trying to clump all my paladin auras into the space that 1 icon takes up so that if I have devo up, it only shows devo. I'm currently using the following code on an icon for each aura:

Code:
    return IconAura("HELPFUL", "player", "Devotion Aura")
    Problem I'm running into is it will detect other paladin auras that affect me in my raid. So it will display my Devo aura and my buddy's Resistance aura at the same time. Is there a way to do what I want here?

I'm sure there is a way let me work on it when I log in tomorrow and I'll post it here soon as I have it down.

Code:
    return IconAura("HELPFUL|PLAYER", "player", "Devotion Aura")

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    Code:
    return IconAura("HELPFUL|PLAYER", "player", "Devotion Aura")
    Beat me to it, I knew it could be done!

It works. Thanks a lot.

I have a very good question for you Requital. I'm using this addon and have been every sense it came out. I have yet to figure something out tho. It says that at Elitist Jerks that our single target rotation is as follows, Inq > HoW > Exo > 3 HP TV > CS > HoL TV at 1 or 2 HP > J > HW > Cons. then it says for AoE or multi target the rotation is this "The AoE rotation is rather similar to single-target, simply replace Crusader Strike with Divine Storm. The rest of the priority stays the same. With Holy Wrath fixed to meteor properly, at 3 targets you should begin using Consecration over HW. Redcape's modeling shows you should only swap to AoE rotation at 5 or more targets." My question is how can I change the priority in clcinfo to proc DS when I have 3 holy power in an AoE situation?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well DS doesn't use Holy Power so regardless how much HP you have DS will still show up. What you want to do is create a macro for swapping rotations.

Single Target Macro
    Code:
    /clcinfo ret_fillers inqr inqa how exo tv cs j hw cons
    AE Macro

Code:
    /clcinfo ret_fillers inqr inqa how exo tv ds j hw cons
    You can change the rotation to what you want.