Deleted
    When is Head Start?

Head Start begins Thursday, Feb. 24, 2011 at 10:00 AM PST (1800 GMT) and runs through launch (North America: Mar. 1 at 10:00 AM PST / Europe: Mar. 4 at 1600 GMT).

------------

Also, I'm so making my Pyromancer mage again, loved it <3

@Feline Grace and Ceethemeage: Wow, did not know about that!
    Thanks -- though you made my life a little harder; I LOVE physical copies, but now I have to make a choice between regular physical and Digital CE!

Out of curiosity, is there a manual that comes with the regular game?
    Last edited by eucatastrophe; 2011-02-24 at 04:38 AM.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

i like having the hard copy's b/c eh kinda don't trust digital downloads

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salicylic View Post
    Don't trust them? How so? I've never had any problem with digital downloads so far.. And guess its personal preferance too, with physical/digital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline Grace View Post
    As Ceethemage said, digital copies are cheaper ;p Not so much difference from the normal and CE.

http://eu.riftgame.com/en/products/index.php

Digital Standard Edition € 49.99
    Digital Collector’s Edition € 59.99
    60 € is like 82 US dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Feline Grace View Post
    Don't trust them? How so? I've never had any problem with digital downloads so far.. And guess its personal preferance too, with physical/digital.
    well i like knowing i have the game in my hands just because it makes me the buyer happier (there server could be down my internet could be down) plus the main reason they went to digital copy was to stop pirating (most games did)

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 04:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    ouch !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    Digital Standard Edition $ 49.99
    Digital Collector’s Edition $ 59.99

fixed for us americans

Deleted
    well i like knowing i have the game in my hands just because it makes me the buyer happier (there server could be down my internet could be down) plus the main reason they went to digital copy was to stop pirating (most games did)
    Ah, fair enough

Personally i far prefer digital downloads over physical because i always keep the boxes and i dont want a million boxes all over the place
    and i have never had a problem with them

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Personally i far prefer digital downloads over physical because i always keep the boxes and i dont want a million boxes all over the place
    and i have never had a problem with them
    hey 50 years from now i will look at my wow boxes and say wtf....hmm i wounder if any one still plays

"2 seconds later finish downloading"
    me: WTF LVL 1000!!!!!!!!!!

hehe or i could tell my grandchildren about a game that took most of my 15-18 years of age away from me

Alright, so I gave in after I found a Visa gift card left over from xmas that I hadn't used yet. Just debating on getting the CE or not now... Any word on what 'the' pvp server will be?

hey 50 years from now i will look at my wow boxes and say wtf....hmm i wounder if any one still plays

"2 seconds later finish downloading"
    me: WTF LVL 1000!!!!!!!!!!

hehe or i could tell my grandchildren about a game that took most of my 15-18 years of age away from me
    Well i have BF2 has a physical copy and thats always fun to pop in

Heres a website thats meant around people sharing there ui where others can download. Which is apparently really simple to do by just typing a command
    http://www.riftlift.com/

O and the dungeon finder will be cross server /cry

About half” of Rift’s content is found in dungeons and warfronts, Scott said. To this end, he stated that a dungeon queue system is just a matter of time. It will be cross-shard to reduce wait times.*
    http://www.riftwatchers.com/2011/02/...oming-to-rift/
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2011-02-24 at 05:05 AM.

Pvp

Any confirmation in arena combat? With ratings and ranking?
    Or there will be only the boring ganking at battlegrounds.
    I really tough this was a "wow without fliyng" mounts to ressurrect the old world pvp days of vanilla.
    It just suck if theyre making another pve-oriented game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Edited Narghile's excellent Head Start info into the OP for visibility.

Edit: added date/time info as well; thanks Feline Grace!
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-02-24 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Porco View Post
    Any confirmation in arena combat? With ratings and ranking?
    Or there will be only the boring ganking at battlegrounds.
    I really tough this was a "wow without fliyng" mounts to ressurrect the old world pvp days of vanilla.
    It just suck if theyre making another pve-oriented game.
    No arenas, community is pretty set against it as am I. Arenas take away from world pvp.

Do you also wear a tinfoil hat to now allow government to read your mind?

Don't troll. Multiple mods are watching this thread closely. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-02-24 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    Why do you have to insult the guy, so he doesn't trust them. Why make fun of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    I also prefer physical copies of games, partially for the same reason. Also it's always nice to look at my pile of WoW CE boxes and all my other games. Bottom line is why would you buy something digitally and forego a paysical item when it is the same price? Having the physical item also comes in handy in the case of hacking, account disputes, etc.

I thought each Beta kept getting better than the last. The Game Looks Pretty and Has Possibilites but not enough to pull me from WOW. Heck, People said Aion was a WOW killer but that never happened. Gameplay reminds me of a EQ2 / Vanguard kinda feel to it using the Public Quests concept which I think people will be seeing more and more of on future MMOs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Edited Narghile's excellent Head Start info into the OP for visibility.

Edit: added date/time info as well; thanks Feline Grace!
    Anyday, happy to help! <3 And your avatar is damn cute.

---

I'm so looking forward to the headstart, to be honest, I've been playing WoW for 4 years, and it's the ONLY mmo I've EVER played. Sad eh? Never felt I needed anything else then wow, then got straight out bored with it, only logging in for arena, rare mount runs etc. But for first time in a long time, I feel excited about a game, so yeah, I hope Rift succeedes. I really enjoy playing & being in-game with it. It don't need to "kill" wow, but competition is just healthy. And if anything it will make Blizz top their game.

But hell yeah, bring on headstart! I'm all ready. (bound to spend 30+ mins on char creation only ><)

Edit: Ah fk, noticed it's 07:36 in the morning here; time to close lappy and get some hours sleep, GN!
    Last edited by mmocdd5aa2def9; 2011-02-24 at 06:37 AM.