Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    next time specify what class you are so that people can ridicule you on the things you are specifically expected to be competent at. for example, had a mage in TotT obvs heroic that suggested we pull all of the water adds to the end (the wing b4 the last boss) and just kill them all there. being the champion healer i am (we dont ever use CC and i often ninja pull additional groups to keep things exciting) i agreed that this would be fine. because the mage suggested this i ASSUMED that he would know enough to spellsteal the swell that the bigger water adds cast. he didnt. we wiped. now, we didnt kick him for it, just gave him some advice on how to play his class properly if hes going to make suggestions.

It happens, tbh it sounds like you were fighting with them. I was in ICC on my alt topping dmg, and I want the blood. I was the second highest roller, the highest roller was a tank. He got the blood, and I argued the fact he's a tank and I've been doing the most damage regardless of the fight, i was kicked slightly later. Atleast the group fell apart at the next boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    People get kicked for all sorts of reasons
    this. ive seen people kicked b4 and the reason is "bitch wants my orb." ive voted yes to that bc frankly i dont care. in this instance the player really didnt deserve the orb either (lowest dps, most obnoxious, etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    You really didn't give us the reason you were kicked. You said they were obsessed with CC? Were you breaking it? And 33% isn't very impressive, I'm sure the kick was deserved and if not then just deal with it as it is a part of the game.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Deleted
    If anyone is interested It was Throne of the Tides and they couldn't even get passed the first boss at first. The mage would cc one target and someone would break it (not me btw but I did get blamed once for it) then he would go nuts. The healer would complain the tank was taking too much to heal so as they simply could not handle my full dps I switched to part dps part healing role as I'm not one to give up so easily.

After we finally downed the first boss I told them I was not giving up and we were going to do this and then they kicked me.

I've not been kicked or kicked anyone since cata came out. I was kicked purely out of frustration. Whether you believe me or not is not really the point, the point is there's no monitoring of kicking or the lfd system at all. There's no recourse, no come back, no moral standpoint. Until there is injustice will occur regardless of the fact how you act or who you are!

Deleted
    A group that prefers to use CC is showing pragmatism, not "a lack of confidence or experience". If they know their limits, all the better. This line alone has already made me doubt your side of the story.

There are no doubt some odd occurrences in LFD, and indeed the chances are the eventually you will get kicked for something laughably bizarre, but it is certainly not normal to be kicked for doing most of the DPS and helping with healing. With this in mind, here are a couple of common reasons people might have decided to kick you, which you could have misconstrued as "because I was too good".

AoEing after people have CCed. Perhaps this was why your DPS was high?
    Not attacking the targets by order of priority.
    Not CCing your assigned CC target.
    Talking constantly about how your DPS is better than everyone elses / linking recount.
    Telling the group how they dont need CC, and using CC is a sign of "a lack of confidence or experience".
    "Go. Go. Go. Just go. Go. Stop marking and lets go. Go."
    My own personal pet peeve - not responding when asked if ready (and after 30 seconds or so of people waiting on you, saying "go?" like they think you dont know how to start a boss fight)

Just a few ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    And lol @ lack of experience for CCing.
    What is funny about that? It's true, if you cc anything in random cata tier 1 hc you are either new to the dungeon/have quest items/cant play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you keep linking your recount stats? Hah I'm better than the rest of you. Nobody cares, and that's probably why you got kicked. They saw you as a cocky asshole.
    This is probably why.. People who post recount stats are usually looking to gain a few inches on their e-peen, which is probably why they kicked you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    What is funny about that? It's true, if you cc anything in random cata tier 1 hc you are either new to the dungeon/have quest items/cant play.
    Currently on a new char, as healer/tank and with the other role being a pug?

I pug a *lot* of heroics. I have 4 level 85 toons. I try to get in a heroic on most of them every day. While 3 of them have tank or heal specs, all 4 (also) have a dps spec. For a variety of reasons, when I'm solo-pugging (most of the time), I prefer to queue as dps. Every now and then, I'll run with a group that just has awesome dps. But that is rare. Most of the time, I'm on top of the meters (on any of my toons), and it is not uncommon on boss fights for me to have 40% of the damage done.

Having said that, I've _never_ been kicked from a group (other than for a spate of disconnects that happened around a patch a while back). However, I also: (1) never link dps meters, (2) never call anyone out for bad tanking/healing/dps, (3) never break CC, (4) never pull (and maintain) aggro, (5) never push the tank to go faster, (6) rarely stand in the fire -- and if so, not for very long.

I'll submit that it is *possible* that someone may be kicked for "too much" dps. However, I find that very unlikely. It is far more likely that you do one or more of things on my list above.

there are way to many 'ifs' and 'what might have been the case' in posting like this you can link meters, you might even be able to post entire unedited chat log, but until you post a fraps link here to youtube, no real answer can be given. my guess would be chat got a little unpleasant and the rest of the group thought your attitude was the one causing the problem. or it could have been the tank or healer was the problem but it would be easier to replace a dps than the tank.

for the most part, no matter what role im playing i say as little as possible. its impossible to agrue with no one responding. someone will say something mean and you just keep rolling. if that person keeps saying it one of 2 things will happen. the rest of the group will not like the attitude and kick them... or the person complaining is right and kick you for failing. its a dungeon with pugs, youre not going to make life long friends from this run, so just get through it and get your valor

link recount less often is my opinion some ppl dont need to see how great you are

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Britomartus View Post
    I joined a pug for the random daily and before I start I must point out I've done loads of these for months now and for the most part they have been brilliant. I got the Patient title on Sunday and have not had a bad experience yet.
    ?...Sounds like 2 different stories

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgar View Post
    A group that prefers to use CC is showing pragmatism, not "a lack of confidence or experience". If they know their limits, all the better. This line alone has already made me doubt your side of the story.

There are no doubt some odd occurrences in LFD, and indeed the chances are the eventually you will get kicked for something laughably bizarre, but it is certainly not normal to be kicked for doing most of the DPS and helping with healing. With this in mind, here are a couple of common reasons people might have decided to kick you, which you could have misconstrued as "because I was too good".

AoEing after people have CCed. Perhaps this was why your DPS was high?
    Not attacking the targets by order of priority.
    Not CCing your assigned CC target.
    Talking constantly about how your DPS is better than everyone elses / linking recount.
    Telling the group how they dont need CC, and using CC is a sign of "a lack of confidence or experience".
    "Go. Go. Go. Just go. Go. Stop marking and lets go. Go."
    My own personal pet peeve - not responding when asked if ready (and after 30 seconds or so of people waiting on you, saying "go?" like they think you dont know how to start a boss fight)

Just a few ideas.
    Here's a few more ideas:

What if the mage insists on sheeping a target that everyone ignores?

What if the sheep target is not even marked up and to make it even worse, none of the other targets are marked up?

What if I had to use Tranquility as well as a battle rez before we even hit the boss?

What if I seemed to single handedly got us through the boss fight and then say to the guys I was not willing to give up and we were going to do this entire dungeon no matter how hard it was or what we had to do to get through it?

I was kicked out of sheer frustration from someone I obviously embarrassed too much. You can try to imagine it anyway you want but that's the truth. I've six years experience playing this game, a gear average level of 351, over 7k achievement points and I've never been kicked from a raid, or heoic run in that entire 6 years. Does that not mean anything? Do you always assume it's the person who is kicked is at fault lol!?

---------- Post added 2011-03-24 at 01:09 AM ----------

BTW - Why does everyone think I posted the recount stats in the instance? I never do even in raids - I was just saying I checked them afterwards and it was obvious not only was I top dps but contributing to healing a lot as well.

It seems to me we have a community who thinks if you were kicked then that automatically means it was for the right reason. I am trying to point out there may be a slight possibility sometimes it may happen just because someone is in a bad mood because the heroic is not going well. For all I know he may have kicked the entire group but no, it seems you guys think the kick system is flawless.
    Last edited by mmocbc674cc719; 2011-03-24 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niun View Post
    Having said that, I've _never_ been kicked from a group (other than for a spate of disconnects that happened around a patch a while back). However, I also: (1) never link dps meters, (2) never call anyone out for bad tanking/healing/dps, (3) never break CC, (4) never pull (and maintain) aggro, (5) never push the tank to go faster, (6) rarely stand in the fire -- and if so, not for very long.
    Same here, I've also never been kicked, unless I dc'ed.
    But however, I do 1) Sometimes link recount, usually not the dmg one though, but interrupts/dmg taken etc, to rage about their tunnelvisioning. 2) I quite commonly say people suck. 3) I break cc if I know I can kill the mob 4) I do this quite often on my mage, but hey, it all goes down in notime with some impact spreading dots. 5) Usually pull if the group seems competent and the tank is slow, and if not then I pull with a cc on something dangerous. 6) yeah, this is probably the only thing we have in common :/

And to OP: you were probably kicked because most groups contain of scrubs, and can't handle a little excitement. If something runs loose, everyone panics and dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    The group I was in was obsessed with cc which is fine but shows a lack of confidence or experience.
    There is your problem u see cc like this then u need to rethink what cc is. It is NOT your place as a dps to even say anything about cc its the tank and heals. I can bet u abused them about this there for getting kicked. I play a hunter now and always top dps, i tanked for 5 years i would not tell the tank or heals to not cc its up to them not you. IF you do not like that why are u even playing a dps?
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This message was brought to you by WotLK, where thinking less, is more.

Tonight I had a bad one. The group I was in was obsessed with cc which is fine but shows a lack of confidence or experience.
    i think this sentence should've killed the thread before any reply was posted.
    have fun getting your boosts now that people is geared and heroic are nerfed, if you tried heroics (even more, PUGS and not guild runs) in the beginning of December you wouldn't ever said something like that

EDIT: i forgot to say the obvious point, but i bet someone would argue about this just because i didn't write it here.
    OP didn't just have a "bad experience", he found a pug where the healer and/or the tank were low geared players (maybe even new WoW players? who cares.) so they were clearing the trash in the most natural way for someone who can't chain pull groups and aoe them.
    Last edited by Shuyin; 2011-03-24 at 01:17 AM.

Deleted
    Probably because you said

In your original post.
    Why does that mean I posted the recount stats in the instance?

I don't see the problem. If you honestly did nothing wrong, fine they were being asses you were kicked from the dungeon, sign up for a new one an move on with your life and be glad you didn't have to finish the instance with them. Which from the sound of what you explained, would have taken ages.

If you did deserve it whats from stopping you queuing to a new dungeon and probably do that one faster as well? I don't see the reason for you to complain about it tbh.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]