15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Handing the Pens candy? or the Bolts?
    put it this way. Letang Punched a guy in the face. they called Matching Minors.
    with 3 minutes left in the Game Kunitz starts WACkING Rolo with his stick. no penalty.
    two faceoffs later Kunitz stick breaks on a light tap (lightning player was moving his stick out of the way), Slashing call.
    seriously...

And from what I've seen from Price I wouldn't say he is much or at all better than Halak but rather they are equally there. They both just aren't fantastic goalies.[/QUOTE]

Ya Halak was good but Price has really shown this year that he can deal with the Montreal craziness for 73 games. And in the playoffs every game montreal won he stole.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    put it this way. Letang Punched a guy in the face. they called Matching Minors.
    with 3 minutes left in the Game Kunitz starts WACkING Rolo with his stick. no penalty.
    two faceoffs later Kunitz stick breaks on a light tap (lightning player was moving his stick out of the way), Slashing call.
    seriously...
    Don't forget the tripping call on St. Louis. He's turning, the Pens player steps on his stick and falls. Penalty.

This ALWAYS happens, though. The Penguins have so many bogus calls go their way that I'm usually convinced the NHL is conspiring to have them advance. Roli just wasn't having any of it, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geddyn View Post
    Don't forget the tripping call on St. Louis. He's turning, the Pens player steps on his stick and falls. Penalty.

This ALWAYS happens, though. The Penguins have so many bogus calls go their way that I'm usually convinced the NHL is conspiring to have them advance. Roli just wasn't having any of it, though.
    or how about the tripping where the lightning player went to block a shot and was on the ground, and the penguin skated INTO him and FELL over. dude needs an oscar for his acting.

or how about the tripping where the lightning player went to block a shot and was on the ground, and the penguin skated INTO him and FELL over. dude needs an oscar for his acting.
    That was Stamkos. That call was iffy, though. He ended up sliding into the guy's skates, if I recall correctly, so I can see how it would be tripping.

I also saw at least one instance of cross-checking that went uncalled and some blatant trips by the Penguins late in the game that were ignored, as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geddyn View Post
    That was Stamkos. That call was iffy, though. He ended up sliding into the guy's skates, if I recall correctly, so I can see how it would be tripping.

I also saw at least one instance of cross-checking that went uncalled and some blatant trips by the Penguins late in the game that were ignored, as well.
    but ofcourse, this is the same team that got away with 7 men on the ice for 35 seconds in the 09 stanley cup finals...

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Tampa Bay vs Washington Season Series

Nov 11 - TB 3 - Wsh 6
    Nov 26 - TB 0 - Wsh 6
    Jan 4 - TB 1 - Wsh 0 - OT
    Jan 12 - Wsh 0 - TB 3
    Feb 4 - Wsh 5 - TB 2
    Mar 7 - Wsh 2 - TB 1 - SO
    Washington in 6 I'd say.

As for Flyers VS Bruins, I'm not watching it. Fuck both of those dirty teams.

Can't wait to watch Washington pulverize the winner of that series in Round 3 though.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Let's see, Markov, Gorges, Cammalleri, Halpern, Max Patches, David Desharnais(But he got injured in game 5 so I won't count it), Spacek....Experienced players bahahah please... Yannick Weber? David Desharnais? Ryan White? Aaron Palushaj(Oh hey St. Louis fans) don't try saying the Blues had it tough in comparison to Montreal... Losing your number one shut down d-man in Gorges, and possibly one of the best defensemen in the East in Markov, both for more then half the year? Come on

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to bed and dreaming about TD Garden burning to the ground. Gnite! <3

Both Boston and Tampa win tonight?!?! I'm so fucking happy right now. Tonight definitely makes up for the disappointment that was last night.

I couldn't watch OT of the Bruins game. I just knew Montreal was going to take it. I don't know how Boston managed to pull through this series, but I'm absolutely ecstatic that they did. The Canadien's consistently out played the Bruins and Carey Price was a beast. Looks like Bruins have the Flyers next. I'm not too worried about this one. I'd like to think that Boston learned their lesson from last year. That and Philly doesn't have reliable goaltending. The Bruins had quite a few good shots/chances on Carey Price and without Price more of them would have went in. I don't think I can say the same for Philly though.

And despite the my hatred of the Canadien's, much respect to you guys. Played a damn good series. Didn't expect it, but Price outplayed Thomas. Same goes for most of the Canadien's. Love the battle of the goaltenders though. They make the game so much more intense.

I didn't watch much of the Tampa game. Just the end of it after South Park to get away from the Bruins/Canadiens OT. The last 2 minutes or so were pretty intense though. Pretty happy Tampa pulled through. It's just a shame Buffalo lost. I was hoping for a Bruins/Lightning 2nd round so I could see some Bruins playoff action down here. I guess they have Washington next though. Those will probably be good games to go to though too.

GO! GO! BLACK AND GOLD!

Thats the spirit

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see some predictions

Vancouver Canucks(1) vs. Nashville Predators(5)
    San Jose Sharks(2) vs. Detroit Red Wings(3)

Washington Capitals (1) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning(5)
    Philadelphia Flyers(2) vs. Boston Bruins(3)

*Just noticed, both conferences were won by teams 1, 2, 3, 5

My Picks
    Vancouver Canucks - Game 5
    Detroit Red Wings - Game 6
    Washington Capitals - Game 5
    Philadelphia Flyers - Game 7

10+ Year Old Account

My Picks
    I likey

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 03:49 AM ----------

for tomorrow

I'm rooting for Tampa Bay and the Wings. Either of these will do.

East Predictions

Boston in 6
    Washington in 5

15+ Year Old Account

My Picks
    Vancouver in 6
    Detroit in 7 (Sharks are a very very hungry team)
    Caps in 6
    Flyers in 6

My predictions!

Then next round would be a 7 gamer between Vancouver and Detroit, of which I really don't know who would win, but I hope Vancouver does, and Washington destroying Philadelphia in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You must be trolling because Price was the reason Montreal was able to compete in the first round.
    Not at all, his defense and the guys in front of him helped way more.

Anyway, now, GO TAMPA!
    Last edited by Luipet; 2011-04-28 at 12:16 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone is just a bit of a butt hurt Habs fan it seems. Suck it up, the better team won in the end. Montreal blew a 2-0 series lead because Boston went into game 3 with a desperate attitude and they won. They lost a legitimate game 6 where they could have eliminated Montreal but lost on doozy of a goal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hart Finalists
    Perry
    Sedin
    St. Louis

Hart Finalists
    Perry
    Sedin
    St. Louis
    I think Perry takes it this season.