Thread: Support TukUI!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Why just not change the "premium" to say... "Sponsor" or "Donate"?

Quote Originally Posted by Reemix View Post
    If you really wanna get technical - what about when Blizzard released Beta for World of Warcraft - Cata. Is it fair that an entire guild that's sponsored and gets paid to play WoW is basically guaranteed to get Beta keys, where a casual 10m guild on some random server gets completely overlooked? Or how a lot of top 50 guilds all got Beta invites as well. Is it logical for them to be showered with Beta Keys while others are not? They got access to new and exciting content that was eventually released to everyone! Yay!
    They get early access to this because they have proven, time and again, their value to the tuning and testing of end-game mechanics. Blizzard uses these guilds as a sort of benchmark, and rightfully so. By Blizzard's own admission, some of these guys and gals are better at the game than Blizzard's own employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqera View Post
    Not all of them "received" invites Reemix. Many of them bought beta keys. Do some research before saying such nonsense.
    Also, it sounds like you are still upset for not getting a beta invite lol
    Cool. Can I buy a beta key then too? For WoW and for TukUI?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlot View Post
    Because that would have made sense, and wouldn't have allowed Tukz to go on a "HULKSMASH! ME HATE BLIZZARD!!" style rant and rampage. ;-)

Deleted
    Calm down there, fanboy. I don't see any reason why an Alpha or Beta version of something would come into target for shutting down an entire addon. Blizzard could have easily said in their email to him "Hey, that Alpha and Beta stuff? Yeah. You need to remove that from your premium service or we're going to have to ask you to remove your premium service all together if you're against cutting that from the line up" Because on a personal level, I wouldn't look at an Alpha and Beta as the actual TukUI code. But Blizzard took the "Your shit isn't free, so you need to shut it down" route instead.

That would be to make sense blizzard dont do that shit

---------- Post added 2011-05-01 at 07:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlot View Post
    Because it would change nothing

Edit Lol at the failwhiteknight above me
    Last edited by mmoc3863ce14c0; 2011-05-01 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqera View Post
    Not all of them "received" invites Reemix. Many of them bought beta keys. Do some research before saying such nonsense.
    Also, it sounds like you are still upset for not getting a beta invite lol
    Btw, you just kinda stuck your foot into your mouth. If Blizzard allows players to "Buy Beta Keys" then why can't TukUI do the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by BongimusPrime View Post
    They get early access to this because they have proven, time and again, their value to the tuning and testing of end-game mechanics. Blizzard uses these guilds as a sort of benchmark, and rightfully so. By Blizzard's own admission, some of these guys and gals are better at the game than Blizzard's own employees.
    Not everyone is an end-game player. Actually, a huge portion of WoW's population is far from endgame content. Why give it to "those hard workers" and not the average joes?

Deleted
    Tuk UI has been my staple UI for quite some time now - I'll support it to death.

Besides, the Premium Services only help fund the site, and they provide no additional benefits when it comes to the addon.

Not everyone is an end-game player. Actually, a huge portion of WoW's population is far from endgame content. Why give it to "those hard workers" and not the average joes?
    Average Joe's do get beta keys. Lots of them. Your original argument was about sponsored guilds, and those are, nearly in entirety, end game PvE or PvP players. Yes, the majority of the playerbase is not at and may not see endgame, but that wasn't your question.

---------- Post added 2011-05-01 at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Tuk UI has been my staple UI for quite some time now - I'll support it to death.

Besides, the Premium Services only help fund the site, and they provide no additional benefits when it comes to the addon.
    Their website clearly shows that premium services also grants early/in-dev builds of the UI for Beta and PTR use. I think a read-through of the posts of this thread would have made it fairly obvious that this is the likely issue.

I'm more interested to see Jaqera's response now. If it's true Blizzard let people pay for Beta Invites, then what's stopping Tuk from doing the same?

All Tukz has to do is allow everybody to download beta/ptr versions of the addon and that will make blizzards argument moot. The premium membership doesn't do much else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BongimusPrime View Post
    The differentiation here is that "Services related to the add-on" are services/features that the add-on relies upon for in game functionality. As far as my understanding goes, the collection, categorization, presentation, and distribution of add-on's, whether paid for or free of charge, does not fall under this clause.

Dammit rhorle you beat me to it.
    ... and in the end its still services related to the addons, u can call it whatever u like, but untill blizzard makes it clear which part of the tukui project are they bothered with, its still the same s**t.

If ur gonna tunnel it like that, you could state that curse.com is making money of blizzards intelectual property, you still get the addons for free, but u get better service if u pay em up.

Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one, I personally think there is no point in making any of you believe mine smells the best until we get more information about the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aestu View Post
    So then he's reliant on donations to pay for the expenses of mod development. Curiously no one calling for donations in this 14-page thread has yet provided a receipt proving they ever donate.
    Why should I donate to something I never use? Just because we don't donate doesn't mean our points are invalid to the fact that changing his system to a pure donation system rather than 'premium service' system would circumvent all this legal hassle. Stop bringing up irrelevant points.

So then he's reliant on donations to pay for the expenses of mod development. Curiously no one calling for donations in this 14-page thread has yet provided a receipt proving they ever donate.
    Then he can be like most other addon developers then. Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by darkydark View Post
    ... and in the end its still services related to the addons, u can call it whatever u like, but untill blizzard makes it clear which part of the tukui project are they bothered with, its still the same s**t.

If ur gonna tunnel it like that, you could state that curse.com is making money of blizzards intelectual property, you still get the addons for free, but u get better service if u pay em up.

Opinions are like a**holes, everyone has one, I personally think there is no point in making any of you believe mine smells the best until we get more information about the problem.
    The key thing you're overlooking here is that curse doesn't provide those addons, they merely provide a means to download and update those addons. Further, they provide an easier way to download and update your addons that is their software completely unconnected to the game itself if you choose to pay for the subscription to it. Curse does make money off Blizzard's game, but they do it legally and without violating any ToS, that's the obvious difference here.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    The key thing you're overlooking here is that curse doesn't provide those addons, they merely provide a means to download and update those addons. Further, they provide an easier way to download and update your addons that is their software completely unconnected to the game itself if you choose to pay for the subscription to it. Curse does make money off Blizzard's game, but they do it legally and without violating any ToS, that's the obvious difference here.
    I'm glad to see that someone understands this.

---------- Post added 2011-05-01 at 12:42 PM ----------

I'm more interested to see Jaqera's response now. If it's true Blizzard let people pay for Beta Invites, then what's stopping Tuk from doing the same?
    They aren't so much "letting" them buy the invites. They don't buy them from Blizzard directly. Think more along the lines of E-Bay or craigslist. I'm sure Blizzard isn't thrilled about it, but that's probably part of why beta invites got locked to BattleNet accounts.

Well this is retarded.

TukUI has my 100% support on this one. TukUI has been and always will be a free community UI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even tho i havent used TukUI, i will support it since this is complete bull
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

It's interesting to me you comment at length on this one topic and no other and write long paragraphs white knighting for Blizzard.
    And then you make a post for no other reason than to praise someone else doing so.

Who are you and what's your angle here?
    Stop trying to stir things up. It's pathetic.

Deleted
    I'm not interested in pre-built UI's, but this has got my vote. "Premium" membership on TukUI is more like a friendly donation. If Tukz changed the button to "Donate", he wouldn't have gotten any warnings etc.

It's not atypical to incur costs when in the business of creating something, be it a tangible product, an application, or anything else. As for the proof of donation thing, sicness summed it up fairly well I think.