View Poll Results: Do you think the Acid in the eyes punishment is right?

Voters
784. This poll is closed
  • Yes

506 64.54%
  • No

278 35.46%
Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    Based on your examples, my WoW addiction only affects me... so, why exactly would I get any punishment? What's wrong with you?
    If your WoW addiction ONLY affects you, then I suggest you go out more, make some friends, or something. =D Don't be an ego-banana-head. Addictions also affects your loved ones, people whom cares about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The crime system should reform criminals, not work vengeance
    Attempting to reform psychopats and mad persons rarely works out, costs a lot and also increases the risk due to possbility for escape or recurrence.
    It's just about how much safety is worth to you.

This "eye-for-an-eye" punishment may not be anything to reform the criminal, but it certainly makes sure that he can't do anything like it ever again.
    People who think they can reason with me are clearly unreasonable.

Practicin' drawing and writing too, might even post a story or two. (no rhyme intended)

Note to beer-fans: Beer's for pussies, mead's for men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Ahhhh but capitiol punishment is NOT murder. Definition: "Murder is the unlawful killing of another human being with "malice aforethought"".
    Capitol punshment is the lawful killing of a person as punishment for a crime ie they have unlawfully killed another i.e. its sanctioned by law.

Please don't confuse your personal view on capitol punishement to change what it actualy is under law
    It may not be murder, but that doesn't mean it's okay.
    Be aware that before 1830, in many parts of the South (in the US), a slave owner was legally entitled to kill his slaves.
    (Source: http://www.britannica.com/blackhistory/article-24164 )

Just because something is legally sanctioned doesn't make it okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you let people lawfully pour acid on other people, they will eventually require less and less proof and do it for a vider variety of crimes. In a while, someone will put stolen goods in your bag and you will have acid poured into your eyes. Sounds fun?

If your prisons are hotels and you put people there for 2 years when they commit rape, *that* is the problem. Not the fact that you imprison people instead of killing them, give them the right to be defended, etc.
    Players will no longer randomly suffer falling damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    If your WoW addiction ONLY affects you, then I suggest you go out more, make some friends, or something. =D Don't be an ego-banana-head. Addictions also affects your loved ones, people whom cares about you.
    No, they might perceive it that way but it doesn't make it true. Unless I'm robbing my family for WoW money or something.
    Keep The Beats!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulturia View Post
    If you let people lawfully pour acid on other people, they will eventually require less and less proof and do it for a vider variety of crimes. In a while, someone will put stolen goods in your bag and you will have acid poured into your eyes. Sounds fun?

If your prisons are hotels and you put people there for 2 years when they commit rape, *that* is the problem. Not the fact that you imprison people instead of killing them, give them the right to be defended, etc.
    Because pouring acid in one's eyes for stealing is a perfect example of "eye-for-an-eye" punishment...

Practicin' drawing and writing too, might even post a story or two. (no rhyme intended)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    You know, the proof in this particular situation is tricky, because things such as "going back to prison because of wanting it" is not something they track, only the time and amounts spent and gone into a prison. That's why you have to rely on the messages of what people tell of their own experiences and wants.

But fine, you go on and declare for every single human being what they want and what not.

Even better, show a proof of no one ever wanting to going into prison. Can you? Your own comeback defeated right there.
    So basically, what you're saying is that you made a claim based on something untrackable and unprovable; then how do you know it is true? Aren't YOU the one speaking for other people? Or are you a former prisoner who feels this way?

And now you're asking for proof of a negative, which is asinine.

I wonder, with all your accusations of be being 'uneducated', what is your educational background?
    Do you have any? Do you have any in the literary arts, and in particular, logical discipline?

(This is one case where I won't ask for proof. But I might call you a liar. )

Quote Originally Posted by Vulturia View Post

Slippery slope fallacy.

Tooth for tooth, eye for an eye!

Yes its fair!

Reflecting on all this discussion, "eye for an eye" or near equivalent makes sense. It really does.
    Keep The Beats!

No, they might perceive it that way but it doesn't make it true. Unless I'm robbing my family for WoW money or something.
    I just hope you get my point by far....... Not everything should be served as in "EYE FOR AN EYE", and even _you_ should know that, cause you seem like a person with a slight inch of brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got an idea let Iran handle the case as they see fit, and let the rest of the nations of the world handle similar cases the way they see fit.
    Last edited by JSStryker; 2011-05-14 at 02:54 PM.

Vengeance is sweet. If I were the victim I would've felt much better if I were to inflict such a punishment. Would it be the right thing to do? Probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reflecting on all this discussion, "eye for an eye" or near equivalent makes sense. It really does.
    Oh?
    And why does it "make sense"? Because it makes other people feel good when someone else gets his eyes burned off?
    How would you justify any form of violent punishment, then? On what basis can you honestly say that it is okay to hurt someone physically, mentally or outright killing him/her?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins

An eye for an eye.

I detest when the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Oh, you killed your entire family of a 6 month old, 3, 7, and 14 year old, your dog, and your wife? Well, sir, listen here now. You will get a serious talking to and a life in jail because we he'a don't believe in no death penalty. Have fun! Dancing classes are at 3 every day, 3 meals a day, bedtime, walks, and if you're good, maybe in 20 years we'll just let you out, give you a job, and let you restart and put this whole little 'incident' behind you. Wouldn't want that to ruin your whole life, now would we!

If someone threw acid on my face, and made me blind, among other things, for the rest of my life and I had to live through it, I sure as shit expect him to experience the same. No, a few months of being sodomized in a jail does not cut it and does not 'give him time to think about how he was a bad boy'.

Also, no one is interefering in anything, it's a forum of opinions, thoughts, and discussons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I just hope you get my point by far....... Not everything should be served as in "EYE FOR AN EYE", and even _you_ should know that, cause you seem like a person with a slight inch of brain.
    Yes, there are always going to be special circumstances. But we can't be afraid to punish those in a direct manner. The problem is that the people against "eye for an eye" are basing it on an emotional level and would be likely to escalate the situation. Ex) 9/11 happened and Muslims/Sikhs became targetted. "Eye for an eye" was not accurate because these were people that had nothing to do with 9/11.
    Keep The Beats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Put him in the army. Right on the front line!

Then we will see how big and hard he is then.
    Batiatus: What would you do to hold your wife again, to feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips, would you kill?
    Spartacus: Whoever stood between us.
    Batiatus: How many men? A hundred, A thousand?
    Spartacus: I would kill them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    So basically, what you're saying is that you made a claim based on something untrackable and unprovable; then how do you know it is true? Aren't YOU the one speaking for other people? Or are you a former prisoner who feels this way?
    If someone or in fact many people telling that they want to go to prison with their reasons is not proof enough for you, I rest my case here. If not for other reasons, but then for claiming that their opinions are false.

And now you're asking for proof of a negative, which is asinine.
    Well, the thing is, your unbased claim was so ridiculous to start with so that it was obvious there would've never been proof to back it up if asked, even though after this I regret I didn't. It should've been first thing to do and would've put full stop to the nonesense.

I wonder, with all your accusations of be being 'uneducated', what is your educational background?
    Do you have any? Do you have any in the literary arts, and in particular, logical discipline?
    Education and knowledge can be gained through many sources that have nothing to do with school system, which you eventually will find out.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by HazardYo View Post
    Oh?
    And why does it "make sense"? Because it makes other people feel good when someone else gets his eyes burned off?
    How would you justify any form of violent punishment, then? On what basis can you honestly say that it is okay to hurt someone physically, mentally or outright killing him/her?
    Because all other forms of punishment have shown to be ineffective against mental patients and psychopats, besides they are incredibly costly and the last thing you'll want is to spend heavily on people who don't deserve it.

Edit: I like the idea of putting criminals in the army, but the problem is that if you give em a gun they will desert and cause you even more trouble.

You could use them as a unarmed litteral meatshield, but in that case you might aswell just shoot em yourself.
    Last edited by Arshan; 2011-05-14 at 02:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    If someone threw acid on my face, and made me blind, among other things, for the rest of my life and I had to live through it, I sure as shit expect him to experience the same.
    And this is why a state exists. To not give a crap about individual opinions, like this one.
    How about we otherwise start descending into Anarchy? Must be fun, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Arshan View Post
    Because all other forms of punishment have shown to be ineffective against mental patients and psychopats, besides they are incredibly costly and the last thing you'll want is to spend heavily on people who don't deserve it.
    My question was not be about efficiency.
    My question was about moral justification.
    How would or could you even hope to justify hurting/killing someone?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins