Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Red face Hitting on Chicks in Randoms

I see it all the time. It's pretty funny. It kind of goes like this:
    Arthasdksixtynine: noob pally. he didn't even heal me
    Cuteprincessfluffy: she*
    Arthasdksixtynine: oh, my bad. you gave it your best effort!
    Arthasdksixtynine: and you've been doing so good so far
    Arthasdksixtynine: and i think you and i should become b.net friends so we can cross realm dungeon all the time
    Arthasdksixtynine: maybe i'll server xfer and we can hang out in darnassus away from everyone
    Arthasdksixtynine: and do hallow's end together n' stuff
    Ok, not that dramatic. But still. Something along those lines. I see stuff like it alllllllll the time. Just let the chicas play the damn game, eh?

Anyone else see this sort of thing happen frequently?

It probably boils down to the fact that they have Internet anonymity... I doubt that they'd be acting like that in the real world. ;-)

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raim Surion View Post
    I think they were being a little sarcastic bro.
    Nah, I doubt it, I've seen plenty of guys completely change their attitudes when they find out there is a girl in the group (or when they find out someone they perceived was a girl is actually a guy).

10+ Year Old Account
    if you're female, don't bring it up/tell anyone. why does it matter? just play the game, kill shit, and leave the random. problem solved.
    "Yogg keeps sending me tells, and I can't figure out how to put him on ignore.. >=\ "
    "Don't bother, he'll just make another toon."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huffalicious View Post

One time I was on my MALE troll hunter in a Gundrak HC, some dude must've assumed I was a girl from something gay I must have said and he was flirting with me the whole way through...Was weird.

I see it all the time. It's pretty funny. It kind of goes like this:

Ok, not that dramatic. But still. Something along those lines. I see stuff like it alllllllll the time. Just let the chicas play the damn game, eh?

She wanted the attention. If she didn't she wouldn't have correct you with the "*she".

| Pm Signature Requests Closed. | My work |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    It probably boils down to the fact that they have Internet anonymity... I doubt that they'd be acting like that in the real world. ;-)

Nah, I doubt it, I've seen plenty of guys completely change their attitudes when they find out there is a girl in the group (or when they find out someone they perceived was a girl is actually a guy).
    Try alcohol in real life and you will see what happens .
    But yeah 98% of this ppl just use anonymity when flirting with girls in randoms. I have seen some guys giving telephone numbers to girls.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I see it all the time. Example

Tank: Dude that mage is wooping you in dps. She's even got less gear than you!
    Me: He
    Tank: Oh I'm sorry he ; )))
    Me: Its ok
    Tank: You're doing good mage, I bet your girlfriend must be very satisfied
    Me: I don't have a girlfriend
    Tank: O really? ; ))) Whats a stud like you doing single?
    Me: I uh don't know, can we keep going?
    Tank: Whatever you say handsome ; ))) /kiss

Its so aggravating.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    I see it all the time. Example

Tank: Dude that mage is wooping you in dps. She's even got less gear than you!
    Me: He
    Tank: Oh I'm sorry he ; )))
    Me: Its ok
    Tank: You're doing good mage, I bet your girlfriend must be very satisfied
    Me: I don't have a girlfriend
    Tank: O really? ; ))) Whats a stud like you doing single?
    Me: I uh don't know, can we keep going?
    Tank: Whatever you say handsome ; ))) /kiss

Its so aggravating.
    Have we met? I haven't tanked any randoms in a while, but... =P

Why not flirt online I flirt with girls all the time IRL how are they any different ? Nothing wrong with flirting and actually as far as my experience goes woman who play wow love being the center of attention as long as someone is not being a perv and taking it to far .

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason for her to point out that's she's indeed a she other than asking for attention.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Deleted
    In 6 years I have NEVER seen this

so you want the attention, and then complain about getting the attention.

hmmm

Deleted
    Probably wasn't even female. Flirting with a guy. Ewww!

Agreed. I've never understood how some people can get so worked up with the thought of a female in control of a toon. I don't know if it's preteen or young teenage boys that can't control themselves or their hormones and think every female would want them or that the person in control of the toon is in the running for playboys playmate of the year.

On a side note, I was once in an alliance guild where the guy who played a rogue left his wife to move in with a female who played a dk. She was one of those female players I detest that try to use their sex appeal to get a raid spot when she really was a terrible player.

Disclaimer: I in no way mean the above against the female players who are good players and deserve their spots on the "A" team.

Deleted
    The only people that "hit" on "chicks" ingame are;
    1) Between the ages of 10-15
    2) Are really, really sad basement dwellers (Usually 20+)
    3) General creepers (minecraft reference hurr de durr)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm always amused when people aggressively correct "he" to "she" and similar pronouns in online games. Does it really matter that much??

I know I'm a bit biased given my life experiences, but it just seems so frivolous and silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    No reason for her to point out that's she's indeed a she other than asking for attention.
    Well, I certainly wouldn't want someone confusing me with a female when I am indeed a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylune View Post
    She wanted the attention. If she didn't she wouldn't have correct you with the "*she".
    meh, sometimes i correct the pronoun, but only by habit, and i immediately feel rather silly for doing so.

normally, i just go about my own bidness like everyone else, but i do see girls who pop up in randoms and immediately inform everyone of. in my experience though, most guys are just neckbeards looking to get the random over with, and don't care to hit on anyone who tries to play the slutty wow chick card.
    Sig by Populaire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylune View Post
    Or she was a he messing with an idiot in Random

Well, I certainly wouldn't want someone confusing me with a female when I am indeed a man.
    I've actually had it happen. It really is not a big deal. Like, at all. I think there are just some people with a point to prove.