Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadria View Post
    Loved how all the fanboys try to find kind of explanation. The most i've liked that KFP stole Pandaren from Blizzard XD
    That's why you have to carry mace around when they raise their arms above their head, start foaming from the mouth and go on the "wohoo Blizzard" spree. On second though, macing them just in case even if they don't might be a better idea:P

But yea, it's clearly a rip from KFP movies. Not only because of the eating and the familiar kung fu poses in the trailer, the other things too. And if a fanboi really suggests that MoP will not be filled with puns and references to KFP, you're on.

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 05:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    I liked Kung Fu Panda? I'm 22, and I still liked it? Big damn deal. You are taking two separate things with similar appearances, and judging them by it. Biased opinions is all I am hearing from anyone these days. I'm going to leave my judgement for when I play MoP. I got the 12 month agreement, which has set the beta in stone for me. I'll be able to seriously see if I'll like it or not. If not I got D3 for free so I'll be playing it. $30 I mean come on that's 2 months of sub fees for either WoW or Swtor...it aint gonna break your bank to try MoP out, and if it does then why are you even playing WoW or any MMO for that matter?

Basically all I'm saying is try MoP out. If it sucks then you can actually judge it on your own terms, but don't go ah man this totally blows bc of da pandas...
    I'm 28 and liked KFP too, a lot even. This is besides the point. If you take all good food, toss it in a bucket and mix, all you get is a bucket of brown, smelly goo, not something better than all the food you put in there separately.

This is what WoW has become, it used to be original and good, now it's some odd, home cooked parody game, which is overshadowing it's own story.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Oh shush. Metzen himself scoofed at this in the lore Q&A, he made it clear, Pandaren have been around for years now, longer then Kung Fu panda.

They had the idea first, so sorry op, but this is way off.
    I would say neither had the idea first, but both are using pandas that are doing martial arts as part of their product.

Did the fact that the Panda movies made close to two billion dollars in world wide sales, and Activision released a successful video game based on the Kung Fu Panda movie influence Blizzards decision to make their next expansion Fung Fu Panda MMO?

Who knows......

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post

But yea, it's clearly a rip from KFP movies. Not only because of the eating and the familiar kung fu poses in the trailer, the other things too. And if a fanboi really suggests that MoP will not be filled with puns and references to KFP, you're on.[COLOR="red"]
    Sigh.

Except that the Pandaren came way before Kung Fu Panda was even a thought. Their love for food, drinks, and martial arts was set in before Kung Fu Panda. So, clearly, they aren't a rip off. It is just a small coincidence that two different companies mixed pandas and kung fu. It is a combination that would happen eventually. It is nothing revolutionary. Seeing as how Metzen was balls angry that people kept comparing MoP and KFP, I am double damn sure he won't allow any of those jokes in.

Kung fu panda ripped everything off of chen stormstout so much so that they should have sued dreamworks when KFP was released.

So like, maybe you don't know this but like, as far as color pallets and architecture go...cherry blossoms are pink, cement is gray, skies are blue, leaves are green, ceramic tiles are red, and jade is very iconic of the far east. Asian scrolls and tapestries have a signature style to them that runs deep in any media that tries to copy them.

Why can't all you panda haters just come out and say that you don't like asian culture, hate martial arts, and think Tenacious D is the worst band of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Sigh.

Except that the Pandaren came way before Kung Fu Panda was even a thought. Their love for food, drinks, and martial arts was set in before Kung Fu Panda. So, clearly, they aren't a rip off. It is just a small coincidence that two different companies mixed pandas and kung fu. It is a combination that would happen eventually. It is nothing revolutionary. Seeing as how Metzen was balls angry that people kept comparing MoP and KFP, I am double damn sure he won't allow any of those jokes in.
    he had to see this coming, the similarities are obvious.

even if they didnt "rip off kfp" tekken and ranma had fighting pandas waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before blizzard.

Deleted
    crap.. i love food, i must be a rippof from kung fu panda damn you mom/dad, even if i came long before KFP just like real pandarens

and.. almost all skilled martial arts fighters as its inner peace... if pandarens rippoffed kfp is like kfp rippoffed all other chinese martial art movies... if so pandarens didnt rippoff kfp because they werent first with it...

Deleted
    Even if they are not kung fu, but some special monk martial arts and even if they are not just pandas on two feet but pandarens with rich culture and story ... the selling point of the expansion is this: new class and new race and new lvl 1-10 starting zone.
    They failed with the worgen and goblins and they are trying to get new players again alienating more existing players.

In EU and US they will lose more subscriptions again, no doubt about it. The question is if this is a calculated and anticipated loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Kung fu panda ripped everything off of chen stormstout so much so that they should have sued dreamworks when KFP was released.

So like, maybe you don't know this but like, as far as color pallets and architecture go...cherry blossoms are pink, cement is gray, skies are blue, leaves are green, ceramic tiles are red, and jade is very iconic of the far east. Asian scrolls and tapestries have a signature style to them that runs deep in any media that tries to copy them.

Why can't all you panda haters just come out and say that you don't like asian culture, hate martial arts, and think Tenacious D is the worst band of all time.
    Your first statement is laughable. Humanoid Pandas doing martial arts had been around a long time before Blizzard.

Secondly, I love Pandas, I love asian culture,(most of the historical books I read, when I read on have been about asian history), I love martial arts, and I.......you are right I don't like Tenacious D.

Creating Panda men, and creating an atmosphere of stereotypical Asian themes around them is really lazy. It also doesn't really fit in with the game that I have been playing, regardless if Pandaren were "always in the game", which actually means that they were part of a bonus mission if you chose them for 15 minutes at the end of W3 TFT.

Your opinion, OP... Yor opinion. Not fact. Maybe true, but then again, kung fu is kung fu is kung fu is kung fu, and pandas are pandas are pandas, and pandaren concept art excisted years before kfp, and they both are inspired by the same things. It's not the first times we see pandas in asian martial arts, and other, similar concepts will arise...

But you're entitled to your opinion...

Mine is that we're getting one too many fluffy furries in the game now, and I don't care about kfp or any similarities. FurCraft... That's my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    he had to see this coming, the similarities are obvious.

even if they didnt "rip off kfp" tekken and ranma had fighting pandas waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before blizzard.
    And many games have bosses. Does that make them rip offs of each other?

Ideas are shared. No one can say I DID FIGHTING BEARS FIRST and not expect anyone else to have that idea.

That's why you have to carry mace around when they raise their arms above their head, start foaming from the mouth and go on the "wohoo Blizzard" spree. On second though, macing them just in case even if they don't might be a better idea:P

But yea, it's clearly a rip from KFP movies. Not only because of the eating and the familiar kung fu poses in the trailer, the other things too. And if a fanboi really suggests that MoP will not be filled with puns and references to KFP, you're on.
    I do love when people don't let facts get in the way of their opinion.

"It's CLEARLY A RIPOFF of Kung Fu Panda"

"Here, they have been part of the game for years before that film was..."

"I SAID ITS PROOF OMG U FANBOI!!!!!"

The interesting part is the fanaticism usually associated with fanboys is being displayed rather spectacularly by people like this who can't even consider the possibility that it isn't directly taken from the movie even when you show them art of the Panderan which is dated years ago, or point out they were in Warcraft 3 years before that movie was released.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-10-26 at 06:21 AM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Blizzard has had Pandaren since before Kung fu panda came out and they've always been invovled in food, beer, and kung fu. They weren't just "some panda in WC3", they had quite a bit of associated ideas. Samwise wuvs his pandas.
    why are you using this as an example? Kung fu panda was out before the Pandaran model for WoW, with that said it's not like you can get a lot of variation with animals on hind legs that are animated, with that said comparing the 2 things doesn't mean MoP is bad just that people notice the similarities

I keep seeing the same crap repeated back and forth and I just have to ask:

WHO CARES WHICH CAME FIRST?

It's not a matter of who "stole" an idea from who, for cryin out loud. The similarity is there, and regardless of which came first anyone with a level head looking at this is going to see it. I mean come on people, there are deliberate references already. It's not about one copying the other, it's about coming out with something that could cause the average wow-uninitiated layman(read: a potential customer) to say "hm, this reminds me of kung fu panda"
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Blizzard has had Pandaren since before Kung fu panda came out and they've always been invovled in food, beer, and kung fu. They weren't just "some panda in WC3", they had quite a bit of associated ideas. Samwise wuvs his pandas.
    This.

Also, I could have sworn my left eyelash that the Bouncy trait was a reference to the Gummi Bears. You know, those bears who bounce around all over the place?

EDIT: Not saying Blizzard hasn't included references to KFP, because there's almost no doubt that they have, being Blizzard and all loving their references

Quote Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
    EDIT: Not saying Blizzard hasn't included references to KFP, because there's almost no doubt that they have, being Blizzard and all loving their references
    I still say they'll avoid making any deliberate/obvious/injoke/etc. references to KFP, not only because it'll basically just be trollbait and fan-backlash, but, judging from Metzen's reactions at the Lore Panel Q&A, I think the (constant) comparisons of MoP to KFP actually kinda pisses some of the Blizz staff off a little.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

---------- Post added 2011-10-26 at 05:54 AM ----------

I'm 28 and liked KFP too, a lot even. This is besides the point. If you take all good food, toss it in a bucket and mix, all you get is a bucket of brown, smelly goo, not something better than all the food you put in there separately.

This is what WoW has become, it used to be original and good, now it's some odd, home cooked parody game, which is overshadowing it's own story.
    Except the pandaren were aroudn before KFP even came out, adn they had the whole eating thing back in warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

You have it all wrong, Pandaren are obviously a rip off from the Chop Kick Panda movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    And many games have bosses. Does that make them rip offs of each other?

Ideas are shared. No one can say I DID FIGHTING BEARS FIRST and not expect anyone else to have that idea.
    yep, everything is derivative to some degree: it's all been done in some way or another in another game.

Deleted
    It's almost as if before this expansion people had no idea what a panda was!

Seriously, pick up a book, having them eat or like to eat isn't 'stealing' (ignoring the order that they existed anyway) it's an observation!

Quote Originally Posted by Joodoc View Post
    Except the pandaren were aroudn before KFP even came out, adn they had the whole eating thing back in warcraft
    Except very few had heard of them, unlike the quite popular Kungfu panda. Except the decision to include Pandaren in the game was done after Kungfu panda became popular. Except almost everyone who sees pandaren will think it is Kungfu panda.