Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    a"dead" wow is when it goes down to 5 mil. even then that's still more than all other mmos ever had.

5,000,000 x 14.999 = 74,950,000

That is more than some countries make in a year . With 5 mil subs Bliz would make that in a month. I would image any business would take this version of "dead" . Oh the drama.

Deleted
    10.3 is still a really high sub base, i actually thought it would be lower by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't believe it. I think somebody fucked up the numbers, BADLY. It doesn't make a lick of sense. How is it that the highest recorded loss in subscribers was recorded now. It's bullshit. Assuming Asia did complete the content "too quickly" then why were there be no major drops at the end of Wrath content, or better yet TBC content was completed. It's not logical. There is no way to remedy the fact that a 800, 000 subscriber loss could NOT come from Asia given the history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blimey View Post
    Loss in 800k subs, I called it last week!
    GG on that

WOW IS DYING!!!! its over Q4 is going to be another shinshoryuken for wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Hey "Dude", I know a lot of people that are re-subin in 4.3 for the new content.
    im one of them! looking forward to 4.3 resubbed for it

Deleted
    Hey! Wow lost a bunch of subs from the western part of the world with cata realesing. Not too suprising though 800k is alot! MoP will boost this number im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Dude if 4.2 didn't help subs, how the hell will 4.3?
    Raid Finder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expected a loss, not that much however, but whatever. New patch, new expansion, I'm not worried.

It's time to take a break from MMOchamp lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    a"dead" wow is when it goes down to 5 mil. even then that's still more than all other mmos ever had.
    5mill subs is still not dead, sure they would reduce the amount of servers and some other changes, but 5mil is far from dead.

Well in the face of facts, thats about a 7% loss. Something actually worth worrying about.

This is most likely to be pinned on firelands not having lasting appeal.

That said, WoW still has over 10x most if not all the other mmos. It has a lot of room to fall...

Edit: If it happens to be 11.3m and a blizz employee goes "Oops forgot to carry the one"... I will laugh so hard I will bring my house down.

As of now according to these numbers, WoW has lost 14.1666(repeating) % of its suscribers now.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2011-11-08 at 10:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    WoW's slowly coming up again after 4.3. Not sure they fell flat on their face, but I mean, 800.000 people who quit playing is still a lot. MoP will most ikely attract more than people quit so I think the 11M. Won't be too hard to reach again. I'm not worried.

A loss of 800k subscribers is a huge deal -- Even more so considering that this is the third quarter of big losses. IIRC this means that wow has lost almost 2m subs so far this year, which is almost 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosedrool View Post
    Only 10.3 million subscribers? THE SKY IS FALLING!
    Yeah man, I cant even do a dungeon with that amount of subscribers, let alone a raid... BRB QUITTING TOO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rilec View Post
    The people saying "lol that loss is nothing!" seem to be just as unintelligent as those parroting "lol wow is dead!". It would be nice if people on both sides would wise up.
    Not like people in Asia have any effect on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    You wont have the chance to play with your chinese buddies!! AMG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Gold prices will skyrocket...

I'M KIDDING *sort of*

Plus anyone who thought there'd had been a net GAIN in subs over the past year is probably delusional. This game, as much as I love (and hate, but mostly love) it, is starting to get old. It's like seeing grandpa every Xmas and wondering if he'll make it to next year's Xmas... I think what WoW really needs is a model overhaul. That might help it live a little longer... But at this point they might as well just make a whole new game (cough cough Titan) while they're at it.

The only thing I can figure on this is that the quarterly reports didn't line up with patch release player peaks like they did so well in Wrath.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

And it goes up again when 4.3 is out. And then it goes down when gw2, d3 and swtor comes out. And then it goes up again when MoP come sout. And when mop is done to death. It goes down again. And up again at the next content patch. bla bla bla.