Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Before we forget about Deathwing

So was going through a WoW cinematic marathon(funny how these things get shorter and with less content each expansion btw), and I thought:

Deathwing woke up, and he:

- Flooded Thousand Needles
    - Ravaged the Barrens
    - Created a tsunami
    - Destroyed a dam just by flying over it
    - Created earthquakes and volcanoes pretty all much over the world

A being this powerful(at least in today's lore, Deathwing was never this powerful in pre-WoW lore) does all these things, and you're telling me we're gonna manage to KILL IT? If it did ALL these things just after waking up, shouldn't he have annihilated Azeroth completely by now?

"But the Alexstrasza fight made him weak." BSSSSSSS. COME ON. Realllllyy??? Boom boom pow pow I go Extreme Makeover on Azeroth in one day but then one fight puts me down and makes me impotent?

No seriously why is anyone on Azeroth still alive?

maybe he was a bit spent after all that. It would sure explain why I never saw him when leveling from 80-85. :P

And how do you defeat a fire-breathing world-breaking dragon? You leap on his back and knock a few rivets loose, of course! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    So was going through a WoW cinematic marathon(funny how these things get shorter and with less content each expansion btw), and I thought:

Deathwing woke up, and he:

- Flooded Thousand Needles
    - Ravaged the Barrens
    - Created a tsunami
    - Destroyed a dam just by flying over it
    - Created earthquakes and volcanoes pretty all much over the world

A being this powerful(at least in today's lore, Deathwing was never this powerful in pre-WoW lore) does all these things, and you're telling me we're gonna manage to KILL IT? If it did ALL these things just after waking up, shouldn't he have annihilated Azeroth completely by now?

"But the Alexstrasza fight made him weak." BSSSSSSS. COME ON. Realllllyy??? Boom boom pow pow I go Extreme Makeover on Azeroth in one day but then one fight puts me down and makes me impotent?

No seriously why is anyone on Azeroth still alive?
    guees you havent heard of the 3 new heroics and what we do in them right ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Deleted
    Well Alexstrasza is a really strong dragon, not sure how far apart they are strength wise but even a big powerful creature can make a fatal mistake that leaves him with phsyical rehab for 7 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think one of the new 5 man raids is going to explain this. Thrall uses the Dragon Soul to weak Deathwing so we can actually face him head on.

Also remember (from one of the new 5 mans) that whoever is behind Deathwing ultimately kills Deathwing. So maybe this thing/Old God had Deathwing burst out of the gates and now has him being more passive as his plan comes together.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

Your title actually hit a note with me. "Before we say goodbye to Deathwing". I know alot of people are not going to agree, but I will be sad to see him go. Yes cataclysm has not been great, but I would have liked to see more involvement from Deathwing. But, if PTR pics are anything to go by we will always have his chin hanging in our major city to remember him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micho View Post
    guees you havent heard of the 3 new heroics and what we do in them right ?
    ye OP just fell from the tree leave him be

Deleted
    While he is somewhat incorrect in this matter generally he is right. There were many powerful beings that were later on defeated by 10/25 nobodies which just doesn't make sense, from pure lore stand point.

10+ Year Old Account
    They cited his fight with Alex in the Twilight Highlands as a way to give him a "cooling off" period. He aims right for Wyrmrest in 4.3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    While he is somewhat incorrect in this matter generally he is right. There were many powerful beings that were later on defeated by 10/25 nobodies which just doesn't make sense, from pure lore stand point.
    We are Azeroth's greatest heroes, not nobodies. We were there for every major encounter and helped all over Azeroth and Outlands through quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was going to be a 'before we forget about Deathwing, let's look back at all the things we've done with him', the answer of course, being nothing.

But on topic, Deathwing isn't that strong. The problem is, his lore has been thrown into books instead of the game. Back in Day of the Dragon, he got his ass handed to him on a platter once the Aspects were re-energized via the destruction of the Demon Soul.

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 07:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Check out 3:03.

Boom boom pow pow I go Extreme Makeover on Azeroth in one day but then one fight puts me down and makes me impotent?
    Well, it IS two fights :P
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    They cited his fight with Alex in the Twilight Highlands as a way to give him a "cooling off" period. He aims right for Wyrmrest in 4.3.
    If a fight with just Alexstrasza was enough to make him bugger off for a while, I would have thought that the other aspects could just go right up to him and kill him.

Why do we even need the Dragon Soul, again? Deathwing may well be more powerful than any other single aspect, but it seems like a stretch to me that he could take on all four at once and still have a chance of winning.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

First of all, Cataclysm has a LOAD of content, you doorknob.

Second, Deathwing was always sort of this powerful. I don't know what gave you the impression he wasn't.

Third, you should read up on the Deathwing fight. We don't directly confront him until the very end (when he is incredibly weakened), up until then we indirectly engage him, or fight him sort of "piece by piece".

Bad post all around, folks.

15+ Year Old Account
    He was this powerfull even pre cataclysm events. He is the earth warder, so it's kinda natural for him to shape the world however he pleases (in this case, gently flying over).

About the part where we'll kill him, well he'll be weakened by Dragon Soul, so that explains it alot. he is one of the strongest aspects, but Dragon Soul (the one we get) has the power of all other draongflights inside (including Malygos) which is enough to weaken him for us to beat the crap out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    maybe he was a bit spent after all that. It would sure explain why I never saw him when leveling from 80-85. :P

And how do you defeat a fire-breathing world-breaking dragon? You leap on his back and knock a few rivets loose, of course! ^_^
    Considering those rivets are all that's holding his broken form together, that's a pretty good plan.

Death who? Oh the guy from the login screen...

MAybe ripping his armor that holds his body from breaking apart and shooting there with the dragon soul helped a bit in killing him. And oh him falling into the maelstrom. So finally deathwing killed himself by ending a process that started long ago. Having his body consum him :P (because without that weakness we would sure have much more hard time)

People are powerfull. They can build huge planes to fly high above the clouds, they can build buildings higher than clouds. They can create and use nuclear bombs that are able to destroy the whole world.

But you need just one bullet to kill any of them.

I see no reason for Deathwing to destroy Azeroth. What is he going to do after destroying it? He needs it at least as a source of food.

And he needs atheroth as a place where he can seduce females in his human form.

People are powerfull. They can build huge planes to fly high above the clouds, they can build buildings higher than clouds. They can create and use nuclear bombs that are able to destroy the whole world.

But you need just one bullet to kill any of them.

I see no reason for Deathwing to destroy Azeroth. What is he going to do after destroying it? He needs it at least as a source of food.

And he needs atheroth as a place where he can seduce females in his human form.
    First, he doesn't want to completely destroy it.

Second, I guess you missed the whole "being completely insane" part.