Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Easiest class to DPS with?

Which class do you think is the easiest class to dps with.

In terms of rotation, stat requirements and ability to cope with boss requirements.

Deleted
    Arcane mage.

Arcane mage.
    That and combat rogue. And well ele shaman.
    quit

Feral druid so easy to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    aww come on another pointless posting like this?

what about the last one?

Most of them will say Arcanmages for sure so actually you could close the post here.

my opinion is still SV hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasmodian1 View Post
    Which class do you think is the easiest class to dps with.

In terms of rotation, stat requirements and ability to cope with boss requirements.
    Arcane mage.
    Rotation: Arcane blast, /oom? Evocation.
    Stats: Intellect.
    Boss req: cast buff when ppl tell you to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Arcane mage.
    Rotation: Arcane blast, /oom? Evocation.
    Stats: Intellect.
    Boss req: cast buff when ppl tell you to.
    There's stating Arcane Mage, then there is this, which is terribly wrong, and hoping you're being sarcastic!
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Frost DK is up there.

I played Blood for most of 4.2, and wasn't familiar with the Frost rotation, and my DPS set was severely dated. Switched to Frost during Majordomo fight and was one of the top DPS for that fight. Felt embarrassed because I said "Don't get mad when my DPS sucks" and then I out DPS the actual DPS players in the raid. lol.

Arcane mage.. so easy you could read a book.

Mage is easy to play but I still go with a hunter because even if you have shitty gear You will still do alot of dammage, good dps on a arc mage depend on your gear even if its 1 button class

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane mage is actually harder than many classes from my point of view, since you're having to do something outside of normal DPS- Mana management.

I find combat rogue and affliction warlock to be incredibly easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Arcane mage is actually harder than many classes from my point of view, since you're having to do something outside of normal DPS- Mana management.

I find combat rogue and affliction warlock to be incredibly easy.
    i love how all the casters say "but mana management" as someone who has played a rogue and healers since vanilla, mana management is no different than energy management really, and mana management is something i have been doing on healers since Vanilla. Arcane Mages are not hard.

easy: DK, Mage, Warrior, hunter
    little harder than easy: the rest

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them when you use the magic of Google to spend 10 minutes researching wut do.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    All of them when you use the magic of Google to spend 10 minutes researching wut do.
    Sub Rogues say hi, there a pain in the ass to pull off.

The only class/spec in the game without a rotation is arcane mages all they do is spam arcane blast...the rest of the classes are easy too but at least you have to follow a rotation in order to do competitive dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the outcome will be Arcane Mage, but playing an Arcane Mage well is not a faceroll as a lot of people would make you believe. I'm not one to say it's hard to play an Arcane mage, but then again, no class is hard for that matter. Playing it well requires skill just like other classes too.
    In the end all classes have a certain rotation that you learn to play, be it based on pressing whatever is off CD, pressing keys in a certain order or whatever. The good players mark themselves by knowing when to use the extra stuff and how to optimize it.
    For example Arcane Mages are about mana management, which isn't that hard again, but if you want to do your best dps there are several other things to watch for, knowing when to use CD's and when to use certain CD's. Knowing timing of fights etc.

Then again that goes basically for every class. Be it dotting up a target and then spamming a nuke until timers are about to expire. Refresh dots and repat inf... Or back in the days doing the old 6-9-6-9-6 rotation for paladins. In the end almost every class can be described as easy.
    If there is any complexity for a class than I would maybe say that healers have it the hardest (less easiest). They actually have to choose which spell is best to use in certain situations, whereas dps and tanks mostly just can do their rotations and press a CD when it's required.

I don't think any class is extremely easy, but no class is extremely difficult even at the highest level either. The gap between being the best possible and just average has severely diminished, but overall gameplay has become more fun, I'd say.

If I had to go with a class/spec, I'd pick Unholy DK, more predictable than frost (which isn't exactly hard either).

Deleted
    They're all very easy but when you consider rotation, ressource management and positioning.
    then any caster dd is the easiest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    I know the outcome will be Arcane Mage, but playing an Arcane Mage well is not a faceroll as a lot of people would make you believe. I'm not one to say it's hard to play an Arcane mage, but then again, no class is hard for that matter. Playing it well requires skill just like other classes too.
    In the end all classes have a certain rotation that you learn to play, be it based on pressing whatever is off CD, pressing keys in a certain order or whatever. The good players mark themselves by knowing when to use the extra stuff and how to optimize it.
    For example Arcane Mages are about mana management, which isn't that hard again, but if you want to do your best dps there are several other things to watch for, knowing when to use CD's and when to use certain CD's. Knowing timing of fights etc.

Then again that goes basically for every class. Be it dotting up a target and then spamming a nuke until timers are about to expire. Refresh dots and repat inf... Or back in the days doing the old 6-9-6-9-6 rotation for paladins. In the end almost every class can be described as easy.
    If there is any complexity for a class than I would maybe say that healers have it the hardest (less easiest). They actually have to choose which spell is best to use in certain situations, whereas dps and tanks mostly just can do their rotations and press a CD when it's required.
    bolded the key part. anyone who has played a healer solidly, or a rogue for that matter will do just fine with a mage.