Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmiSc View Post
    in firelands , our main tank , paladin, did a ticked to bitch about how no pala/priest/warlock token ever ever drops for us in fl , 2 mins after the GM chat , domo drops the first pala token, and no other tokens outside of pala/priest/warlock ever dropped since

.... ... . ?

months later , well into ds , ONLY pala tokens drop , haven't seen vanq tokens since december -.- /killallpaladins
    Bro, wanna switch? I can guarantee you, you won't ever have a paladin token drop anymore, except the legs max once per month, PROMISE!

We had 3 mounts drop on one of our heroic kills

2 heroic mounts and 1 normal version.

Basically...it's RNG...GM's can't alter drops, they're set in stone the second the raid I.D is created.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by primusl0l View Post
    We had 3 mounts drop on one of our heroic kills

2 heroic mounts and 1 normal version.

Basically...it's RNG...GM's can't alter drops, they're set in stone the second the raid I.D is created.
    I thought it changed every spawn...doesn't matter really, you can't change it either way.

this got me to thinking....

this previous brewfest and guy in my guild got the kodo in his bag three times, and the ram twice.
    I ticketed a gm on the final day as a joke trying to comment on the broken drop rate and I got back

"Direct your tears towards Algalon, ender of worlds."

Got a really good laugh out of me and a few fellow guildies.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    coincidence , i killed dw yday and it droped the mount lol
    facepalm .
    Be feared, or be fuel

Yeah. I have had such a sitautions too. There was some items which refuced to drop for me for too long - 4 and more times longer then it approximately should drop according to it's droprate. I mean its suspicius when you need a mail wrist and it have the same droprate as plate chest but you have already spent about 30 tries and haven't ever even seen this wrist but chest drop almost every try like it have 50%+ droprate - day after day you see almost the same drops or even the same several times in a row. What would you think about this? Yaeh - the rng is broken. So I have opened a ticket saying that rng is broken and what do you think? Standard answer - you are unlucky, try more blah blah. But! The item I need drops on the next try! I don't think they can change boss loot for you. But... GM told me one day that droprate of any item is not constant value - it generated randomly and may be a little diffrent for every server\moment. And I think GM can change this droprate or force it to be regenerated. So if you tell GM that droprate of some item for you is too low(much more lower then approx value from wowhead) he may decide to increase it so this item will drop for you faster.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Deleted
    Few years back my brother spent 2 days in Strathholme farming for the mount which wouldnt drop. Then on one of the attempts the gates bug out and wont open. He opened a ticket and along comes the GM. The GM fixes the gates and as usual says "is there anything else I can help you with?" My brother says " unless you can make the mount drop thats all thx. Been here 2 days farming it..." So of the GM goes, my brother kills the boss and the mount was there for him. True story!

GM Made the mount drop for me too coz he knew i would read this post and i would want it. !!
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmiSc View Post
    in firelands , our main tank , paladin, did a ticked to bitch about how no pala/priest/warlock token ever ever drops for us in fl , 2 mins after the GM chat , domo drops the first pala token, and no other tokens outside of pala/priest/warlock ever dropped since

.... ... . ?

months later , well into ds , ONLY pala tokens drop , haven't seen vanq tokens since december -.- /killallpaladins
    best gm troll ever

Deleted
    We've killed Madness 9 times, the mount has dropped twice.

It seems it's a pretty high drop.

Deleted
    I'm skeptical of a GMs ability to influence a loot table like that, but I won't say that it couldn't be true.

Deleted
    The other day in Gchat people were talking about how we had never had a single rare mount drop in any of our guild runs...that night on finishing madness, the mount drops. Only annoying thing was that it was a bunch of alts! They are reading our Gchat and feeling sorry for us?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9 View Post
    sadly, that mount isn't as rare as one would assume it is. According to wowhead's loots from 25 man normal madness, the mount is more common then the spell dps staff, with over 600 recorded loots.
    Dropped 3 times in 5 weeks for us(normal)
    So ugly mount anyhow, whole point is meh :P

Deleted
    Isnt the mount 100% drop? we have goten one every single reset...

Deleted
    I believe the GMs are restricted to do anything of that sort.

But, I believe there are some GMs that are not common GMs, I call them "developer GMs".

Those are probably so powerful and old school in the game - probably programmers for years there - that they do have amazing powers.

For example, [in PTR], I entered a Hagara LFR the very first day it was online and there was a guy as leader that mysteriously knew fucking everything.

Then after a point, the lightning phase started giving heroic damage. I'm not joking. The damage was insane. The healers had to go OOM to have a CHANCE to keep others alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    Next attempt, we kill it. Mount drops. COINCIDENCE?!?!?!?! lol, yeah, probably, but it's pretty suspicious!

What do you guys think?
    Coincidence.
    /thread.

I put in a ticket after I fished forever back in WoTLK asking what the chances of the turtle mount drop was because I was going from fishing hole to hole for what seemed like months and a gm told me just keep fishing within 2-3 mins I got the mount.

OT: Yes, I do think GMs can control loot drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cramebame View Post
    I put in a ticket after I fished forever back in WoTLK asking what the chances of the turtle mount drop was because I was going from fishing hole to hole for what seemed like months and a gm told me just keep fishing within 2-3 mins I got the mount.

OT: Yes, I do think GMs can control loot drops.
    No, what you don't know is that the game has partially rigged RNG: http://www.shacknews.com/article/578...ecret-world-of

Now, I do not say this occurs in this case or your case but the game has been officially admitted that at least in some parts of it, in this case quest items, it can have a rigged RNG that basically increases the chance each time you try.

For example: One fish try: 0.0001% chance, extremely low. 1000th try: 0.05 percent. Quite good but it still may not drop. 1500th try: 0.2 percent (those numbers are all random of course and they may never apply in fishing or your case, just an example) and the item will drop definitely, in a few tries.

Deleted
    I was in a guild in vanilla that was well ahead of anyone else on the server at times in AQ40 and in BWL. We complained alot and threatened to stop playing etc to the GM, all the time. And we also were very very lucky with drops and gearing up raiders.

dont know how the sniffing is done, nor do i wish to do so, but the information about a mobs loot is allready on the mob when it spawns. I can however describe the logic behind it.

Easy ways to explain this= humanoid mobs sometimes wield a weapon/shield that isn't part of their standard displayed gear.

Shade of Aran for example is reported to have some random things equiped, and upon being killed, he indeed dropped a green or blue item with that skin, this proves that the info about the loot itself already is known to the client before the mob dies (otherwise it wouldn't display said item). The same "equip of random gear" can happen on other humanoid mobs. So if one were to filter information of the data received, and narrow it down to the specific mob ID (IDs of mobs and items are known, look @ wowhead or armory), you could be sure it'd drop X, Y and Z in that specific spawn. (if you'd get past the packets encryption)

The same "loot seeding" also gets supported by the (now fixed) bug were a lockbox or similar container without fixed loot, that wasn't looted clean, would reset the contents after a maintainance.