Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwalla83 View Post
    If you guys check the PTR forums, the post about the 64-Bit client was edited tonight and mentions PTR 4.3.4 so... looks like no beta servers yet
    And? The PTR client is different from the Beta client. The Beta client is up to 5.0. If servers are put up here, they are updated to 5.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    My PTR Client is Downloading 1GB Info.

Confirmed it's 4.3.4.15499 build.
    Last edited by Mokenuf; 2012-03-28 at 05:51 AM.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

After seeing the PTR servers on the list I ran the PTR launcher again and it's updating to 4.3.4.15499.

I was able to log in to the server I used back in the 4.3.0 PTR and my 3 toons are still there.

Are there wires crossed somewhere between the PTR and Beta servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    And? The PTR client is different from the Beta client. The Beta client is up to 5.0. If servers are put up here, they are updated to 5.0.
    this one is lost

Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    The servers people are seeing on their beta clients are the PTR servers, which (it's been confirmed by both players and blues) are set for PTR patch 4.3.4, which isn't beta. I'm not sure why they are showing up on the beta client, but I highly doubt they are related to the beta. I could be wrong for sure, I'm just trying to spread the info

Quote Originally Posted by Siduri View Post
    Just tried to log in and do not have a beta invite, however I am seeing servers. I think these are the regular PTR servers since when I go into my Account Support page I can actually copy a character to the PTR ...

Anasterian (US)
    Broxigar (US)
    Naralex (EU)
    Brill (EU)
    Nobundo (KR)

Screenshots I've seen of the Beta servers are Lost Isles (US), Mekkatorque (EU), etc.
    Those are definitely the regular ptr servers. I still need to delete like 4 copies of my hunter on Anasterian, forgot to do that the past few times. >.<

But someone else had a good theory, They do need to add servers for all the AP people and the ptr servers would be great candidates for that. I dunno.

Honestly if you look it up you'll see that it was about a month after the initial F&F alpha invite for cata before the closed beta invite waves actually started. They called it beta last week, but the F&F state is where they're at atm. So I'm not crossing my fingers anytime soon to get in. Nor am I too worried about it until they push some more content into it.
    Last edited by ejpaints; 2012-03-28 at 06:08 AM.

Well I suppose if everyone is seeing the same thing we'll still be waiting for a beta invite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I can see the realms, and when i click on one, it stays on "connected"

I dowloaded the 4.3.4 PTR, I have D3 Beta , logged into PTR and BOOM
    I see my friends from D3 Beta with BATTLETAG on FRIENDS LIST,
    SO, BATTLETAG IS ADDED IN 4.3.4?

Edit: I'm seeing just the BattleTag ID of them, not the real id, it's the battletag ID O_O
    so, battletag was added in this patch ?
    Last edited by Warkratos; 2012-03-28 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    Those are definitely the regular ptr servers. I still need to delete like 4 copies of my hunter on Anasterian, forgot to do that the past few times. >.<

But someone else had a good theory, They do need to add servers for all the AP people and the ptr servers would be great candidates for that. I dunno.

Honestly if you look it up you'll see that it was about a month after the initial F&F alpha invite for cata before the closed beta invite waves actually started. They called it beta last week, but the F&F state is where they're at atm. So I'm not crossing my fingers anytime soon to get in. Nor am I too worried about it until they push some more content into it.
    Ignorance is bliss. This isn't F&F state. This is systems check state. I.E. they're making sure the new stuff can run on a multitude of OS's and Systems. They won't open the flood gates until systems checks are done, to minimize on negative feed back that could be caused simply to that. They also don't have 85-90 content available and until 85-90 is available, there won't be another wave. They won't let a massive AP wave in if content isn't really available to test. If their systems test is done, say tomorrow, tonight, next week, that's when we'll get a new invite wave, and that's when 85-90 will be opened up.

Dunno if it has been mentioned but I will post it anyway. The beta is designed like the PTR to can for developmental realms. The PTR realms are developmental reals and since we don't have a beta key which sets it to the Beta developmental servers it's instead showing us the PTR developmental servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd just be nice if Blizz would communicate with us some here on whats going on. Give us a time table for a wave or something. This is like SWTOR early access all over again but worse...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Ignorance is bliss. This isn't F&F state. This is systems check state. I.E. they're making sure the new stuff can run on a multitude of OS's and Systems. They won't open the flood gates until systems checks are done, to minimize on negative feed back that could be caused simply to that. They also don't have 85-90 content available and until 85-90 is available, there won't be another wave. They won't let a massive AP wave in if content isn't really available to test. If their systems test is done, say tomorrow, tonight, next week, that's when we'll get a new invite wave, and that's when 85-90 will be opened up.
    Pretty much this. Once the few good diligent testers get through the content without the servers blowing up, then they'll open the floodgate.

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus View Post
    If you don't have a key you'll get to the retrieving server list and it will come up blank.

If you do see servers than you have a key, or the system derped and thinks you have a beta key.
    Nope, since maintenance it seems anyone can login and try to connect to a server, you just stick at "connected" for a minute then get "you have been disconnected from the server"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyreo View Post
    It's like I'm in an abusive relationship. I keep coming back but I keep getting hurt. WHEN WILL I LEARN!
    Trololol i guess that applies to all of us :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    I think it'd just be nice if Blizz would communicate with us some here on whats going on. Give us a time table for a wave or something. This is like SWTOR early access all over again but worse...
    Nothing can be worse then that. Besides, this is beta, and a beta with next to nothing to test at that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Actual Gamer View Post
    Dunno if it has been mentioned but I will post it anyway. The beta is designed like the PTR to can for developmental realms. The PTR realms are developmental reals and since we don't have a beta key which sets it to the Beta developmental servers it's instead showing us the PTR developmental servers.
    Agreed but the fact people are flipping their keyboards over is that the servers wernt showing untill last night/this morning. If theyd been there from day 1 itl be all cool.. Well give us a break, were all junkies and blizz just showed us what appears to be a fresh needle.. we crave it .. badly :P

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    They called it beta last week, but the F&F state is where they're at atm.
    you sir are just wrong my Guild master and a bunch of guildies got an invite and they are not friends or family

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nghtmr View Post
    you sir are just wrong my Guild master and a bunch of guildies got an invite and they are not friends or family
    The wave was mainly FnF and press, with a few select veterans, opt ins with strange computer systems, and a handful of AP users.

Such a small wave that in reality the first "wave" hasn't even started yet, especially with Pandaria not available for testing yet. Think of it as a way for Blizzard to iron out the server crashing bugs and set up the beta before they open it to the masses.

Deleted
    well i hope there is a wave 2 soon and i'm, in there :/ want to try m panda monk but well we'll see right , blizz will invite me in a month i gues...not in the first stages of beta , never lucky with stuff from blizz:/