Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    people forget that keeps going to more and more countrys as it does wow could grow alot more and dont forget china this exp will be a hit there plus blizz is targeting and market class that in all could push wow to 15mil easy but if they dont do it right they will lose millions

Okay I can't really read your post without banging my head on the wall so I'm going off your title here.

No, it will not break 20k at this point, especially with GW2 just around the bend, if the launch is strong and they have enough content to keep many different levels of players happy, then it's very likely to climb back up to where it was, at least for a time, which is between 10-11 million, but it won't go higher than that, at least anytime soon. In the end I think it will mostly remain between 9-10 million, which is still very respectable for a game that is both sub-based and quite old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    nevermind the Pandas thing

but Pandas.. and more importantly, Pokemon

get your chuckles out of the way and even though I unsubbed as soon as Pandas were announced

I am man enough to admit that Pandas and Pokemon are a HUGE combination

seriously.. not even joking.. do you people realize the power of Pokemon?

what's a bigger franchise than Pokemon?

Disney

that's about it..

I think MoP will go down as the single greatest mmo experience in gaming history

I'm talking 15-20million subs!!

POKEMON people! and Pandas! you know China will be playing.. every billion household will probably have a sub to be a Panda

Pokemon puts it over the top

and before you think this thread is a joke.. I'm dead serious

ask yourselves.. what's bigger than Pokemon?

it's a huge franchise.. it honest to god is if you people didn't know ask any child about Pokemon and they will know.. hell, all my nieces and nephews bug me about pokemon gifts nonstop -.-

just some thoughts.. although unsubbed, I personally think MoP will be so succesful it'll blow people's minds away
    All your posts are troll posts and no one seems to notice. Here is what you wrote yesterday:

Yesterday, 11:37 PM
    Thread: Worst WoW Expac
    by charlieprince

Replies
    Views

..I too remember the day the Pandas came

Cata made me stop playing
    MoP is when I finally cancelled my sub

you kids enjoy your pandas you hear, have fun now!

===========
    Now shoo.

who knows... with all the other mmos out there and coming out .. This time around it could be bad for blizzard.

Blizzard still has to compete with

Guildwars2
    Tera Online
    The Secret World

And we already know by facts there is alot of wow players who have moved to Starwars old republic.

I don't see them getting 20million but they will still get alot of gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Wow will never break 12,000,000 subs again. The game will only keep losing subs till it levels out somewhere.
    I guarantee WOW will top 15 million subs with MOP
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I don't know if the OP is joking or not, the OP seems so sarcastic. But if he is serious, then no. I highly doubt WoW subs will ever go back to their peak, or even above 11mil.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Okay I can't really read your post without banging my head on the wall so I'm going off your title here.

No, it will not break 20k at this point, especially with GW2 just around the bend, if the launch is strong and they have enough content to keep many different levels of players happy, then it's very likely to climb back up to where it was, at least for a time, which is between 10-11 million, but it won't go higher than that, at least anytime soon. In the end I think it will mostly remain between 9-10 million, which is still very respectable for a game that is both sub-based and quite old.
    GW2 isn't going to compete with WoW, it's going for a completely different audience. Star Wars: ToR tried to compete with WoW and got utterly demolished.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    GW2 isn't going to compete with WoW, it's going for a completely different audience. Star Wars: ToR tried to compete with WoW and got utterly demolished.
    A completely different audience? Could you go into more detail as to how a PvP focus is a completely different audience from WoW's competitive PvP scene?

Also, GW2s focus isn't completely PvP. It's for people who are sick of raiding as well.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-04-13 at 02:21 AM.

Nahhhh, no way... I honestly believe the peak for Wow history happened during WOLK... It was the 12,5 mil subs we saw near the end of the exp.

I am hoping MoP will stay somewhere aroung 9 mil subs... We will see another decline thanks to Cataclysm hiatus and Dragon Soul getting boring (it actually already is, and MoP is nowhere near its launch), then maybe we go over 9 mil for MoP launch, to then stabilize in 9 mil subs... And then slowly, very slowly decline, until Blizz finally decides to go F2P.

The Pandas are fine, nothing wrong with them that I've seen so far. Some idiot went LOLKUNGFUPANDA and the entire Internet caught on and decided to mock it. The Pokemon thing might wind up being fun, and at least some younger part of the player base grew up playing it, so maybe they'll love it. As much as I enjoy farming in Minecraft, the farming thing sounds at least a little intriguing.

So far the changes I like most in the beta are the way that dynamic lighting just makes the whole world so much more believable. Also, the new spells.

20 million? never but 10-11 million? I think so

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post
    who knows... with all the other mmos out there and coming out .. This time around it could be bad for blizzard.

Guildwars2
    Tera Online
    The Secret World

And we already know by facts there is alot of wow players who have moved to Starwars old republic.

Most people that went to ToR already came back or just quit MMOs.

The Secret World is already DOA after the pricing structure got released (you can spend up to $250 extra money to get a heads up over other players and you have to spend $10 per character slot above the default of 3).

single greatest mmo experience in gaming history

you should add RPG to that MMO because League of legends announced 32 millions players currently and that was last year and its still growing.

Even though sadly I've found there isn't much RPG to WoW anymore, and that's all due to playing it for too long and Cata bit living up tot my expectations.

Deleted
    LoLnope.WoW probably never have 10m + subs.This will rise subs for 1m then it will fall again.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    A completely different audience? Could you go into more detail as to how a PvP focus is a completely different audience from WoW's competitive PvP scene?

Also, GW2s focus isn't completely PvP. It's for people who are sick of raiding as well.
    Have you seen gameplay videos of GW2? That should answer your questions.

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    you should add RPG to that MMO because League of legends announced 32 millions players currently and that was last year and its still growing.

Even though sadly I've found there isn't much RPG to WoW anymore, and that's all due to playing it for too long and Cata bit living up tot my expectations.
    That's sad, League of Legends is one of the absolute worst games I've ever played. Really shows that people haven't left WoW because of a lack of content or a lack of gameplay. League of Legends has one PVP map, a bunch of ridiculously imbalanced champions, and the most bare-bones, no real depth gameplay of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Have you seen gameplay videos of GW2? That should answer your questions.
    Other than the fact that it's a different MMO from WoW, I don't see how it "targets a completely different audience". Go into detail if there actually is some.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    I don't understand why you wrote out your paragraph like that O.o ..and no wow will never break 10 mil subs again especially not with cutesy gimmicks .
    Blizzard is an intelligent company, if they are so dumb in business sense why have they created the single most successful (by far) mmo in history?
    This statement isn't even logical, Blizzard knows what they are doing, not everyone is a hardcore player, China is a big market, and Blizzard is trying to break in, and if they do, they're gonna get a massive increase in subs, because after China, the rest of Asia will get interested

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Other than the fact that it's a different MMO from WoW, I don't see how it "targets a completely different audience". Go into detail if there actually is some.
    Other than the fact that it controls completely differently, it has an entirely different combat system, it doesn't have the holy trinity, it's focused much more on pvp, it has a much more detailed graphics engine, etc, etc, etc, etc.

You do realize that the vast majority of WoW players don't engage in PvP, ever, at all, right?

You can't say "go into detail" when you aren't prepared to do the same yourself. Explain how this game is trying to get WoW players.

I feel after the hype and newness wears off, we might see it sink to 8-9 mil subs ... but it also depends on what counts as a 'sub'. Do all the F2P count as subs? like the one I have that I never made a toon on when I considered F2P twinking? or the one on my wife's account she created on accident?

If F2P subs count, it changes things a bit.

Also, different pay to play styles like in some asian countries that pay per time (as in, per hour), instead of montly, also make a difference in sub numbers, that might not be what others would consider a true subscription.

Don't get me wrong, WoW is not dying (as I assume someone might infer from the guess it will lose a few million more subs), it just won't be as bloated as it has been. No amount of pokemon, class changes, new continents, etc. can make an old game new again, and with the market expanding, and more F2P games out there, with a bad world economy ... the competition in the market and desire to not have a monthly fee hurt the potential subscription numbers as well.

Also, subs =/= quality ... so whether the game has 500k or 50 mil subs is irrelevant ... as long as the game gives the subscriber what they feel is value for their dollar in amusement, it is a good game to them. Content & Quality > # of subs.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post

Guildwars2
    Tera Online
    The Secret World

You know, SWTOR was THE most dangerous competition WOW ever had. An extremely hyped game, a powerfull franchise, a very loyal fanbase... And it came in a period where Blizzard was a bit fragile, in a very competitive quarter...

And it barely scratched the number of WOW subs. Sure, Blizzard took all precautions, lauching 4.3 just before SWTOR hit and also the Annual Pass.... But SWTOR was such a big game that it was suposed to have done a massive tsunami. In fact, a lot of people who quit for SWTOR came back. I believe even Rift caused more damage to the number of WOW subs than SWTOR did.

Honestly, there is no "WOW killer". GW2 is the next big game to come out, and we can expect the same trend... Some decrease in the number of subs, then after some time people come back.

The only thing to ever kill WOW is its age... Subs will slowly decline until the point where Blizz decides it to go F2P. And even after that, we can expect some people to keep on playing until who knows when. Maybe even we get servers dedicated to each of the expansions.