10+ Year Old Account
    A bit of a rollercoaster finale. Didn't like the Amon reveal at first, but then I loved the story and how that whole thing wrapped up. I was PISSED! at nearly the season ending, but then the resolution to that was sooooooooo amazing! I knew when they revealed how Amon erased their bending that it couldn't be permanent. Lol, like a blood clot or something, idk.

Great emotional, finale imo. Great season. I may have geeked out a bit (perhaps got a little misty eyed) when Aang appeared.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the randomness of Korra's sudden spiritual epiphany, she did have the episode where she was captured by Tarrlok. (Episode 9, Out of the Past) She did manage to link to Aang there, albeit not having a conversation with him. It showed that she was making progress spiritually, and I also believe that it set up the link between Amon and Tarrlok for the finale. The episode wasn't overly important, but it do its job of setting up the idea that Korra was growing spiritually. Looking back, it did have the ending make more sense to me, even though it basically did already. An incredible finale to an incredible season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    A bit of a rollercoaster finale. Didn't like the Amon reveal at first, but then I loved the story and how that whole thing wrapped up. I was PISSED! at nearly the season ending, but then the resolution to that was sooooooooo amazing! I knew when they revealed how Amon erased their bending that it couldn't be permanent. Lol, like a blood clot or something, idk.

Great emotional, finale imo. Great season. I may have geeked out a bit (perhaps got a little misty eyed) when Aang appeared.
    Honestly though Korra needs to wisen up. She walked into that situation blind.

Tarrlok told her that his father used surgery to change his appearance and she doesn't even consider that Amon might have done the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Honestly though Korra needs to wisen up. She walked into that situation blind.

Tarrlok told her that his father used surgery to change his appearance and she doesn't even consider that Amon might have done the same
    That's what I like about Korra, though...she's not Aang. She's headstrong, impulsive, etc. If the season had ended w/o her restoration, however, I'd probably be on the same page as you.

Also, I want Bolin and Asami to hook up. They'd be a cute, kickass couple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    That's what I like about Korra, though...she's not Aang. She's headstrong, impulsive, etc. If the season had ended w/o her restoration, however, I'd probably be on the same page as you.

Also, I want Bolin and Asami to hook up. They'd be a cute, kickass couple
    Honestly when he came in to save her I was expecting some spark to occur but no

Deleted
    To be honest I rewatched all of Korra this afternoon before the finale, and have to say it works better if you think of it as a massive film rather than episodic. It was perfectly tied up with Tahno being the only character without full resolution but I imagine he will be back next season given the fact that they will probably bring pro-bending back... works as a device to keep the whole team together and in Republic City.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    It just doesn't seem as bad in a show that had 61 episodes before the plot that drove all three season ended then a plot that drove 12 cramped episodes.
    There was never an intention for it to go beyond the 12. The reception was just so great they (nick) choose to continue it.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I am actually disappointed Amon didn't win. Him winning at the end of the first season would create a good cliffhanger to be resolved in later seasons. I sometimes despise how every single time the "good guy" wins the major battle, be it the end of the season, or the end of the anime, and the bad guys are stuck with smaller battles.

I would have liked to see more from the good guys, but I would have also liked to see more from the bad guys to counter that.
    Well, as a lot of people have pointed out Korra was only designed to be one season, so I knew no matter what somehow Amon would be losing in the finale. I was just wanting it to be like, FINALLY Korra has had the crap kicked out of her all season long and he blocks her bending but somehow accidentally opens the Avatar State or just her airbending or something and they have a big kungfufight and then she wins by airpunting him into the moon or something, but nope. Korra gets beat up, more scenes of Korra losing.

Hell, Mako had more of a shining moment of badassery in the finale than Korra did, and the show's NAMED after her! Whereas in TLA, even ignoring the awesome Northern Water Tribe s1 finale, Aang had;

Beaten up a Fire Nation ship (Zuko's in episode 2), saved Kyoshi Island's village from Zuko's attack (ep 4), helped liberate an Earthbender prison (ep 6), saved a village from a raging spirit beast (ep 7), took on Zhao and the Fire Sages and destroyed their temple (ep 8), saved a town from a volcano (ep 14), and then leads the defense of an Air Temple (ep 17). Then there's the whole koizilla thing during the finale, of course.

Granted TLA had longer season but, still, let Korra win a handful of fights, drive off the bad guys? I was expecting her to rise up and fight off the Equalists during the Bending Tournament Championship, it looked like she was prepared to do that whole water-tornado-pedestal thing, but then nope, she gets beat up again. LET A GIRL WIN DAMN!

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Honestly when he came in to save her I was expecting some spark to occur but no
    They still need to do a lot with Bolin before anything can happen for him. He's got all the Sokka joke-elements, but none of the seriousness or personality.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naekiwi View Post
    Well, as a lot of people have pointed out Korra was only designed to be one season, so I knew no matter what somehow Amon would be losing in the finale. I was just wanting it to be like, FINALLY Korra has had the crap kicked out of her all season long and he blocks her bending but somehow accidentally opens the Avatar State or just her airbending or something and they have a big kungfufight and then she wins by airpunting him into the moon or something, but nope. Korra gets beat up, more scenes of Korra losing.

Hell, Mako had more of a shining moment of badassery in the finale than Korra did, and the show's NAMED after her! Whereas in TLA, even ignoring the awesome Northern Water Tribe s1 finale, Aang had;

Beaten up a Fire Nation ship (Zuko's in episode 2), saved Kyoshi Island's village from Zuko's attack (ep 4), helped liberate an Earthbender prison (ep 6), saved a village from a raging spirit beast (ep 7), took on Zhao and the Fire Sages and destroyed their temple (ep 8), saved a town from a volcano (ep 14), and then leads the defense of an Air Temple (ep 17). Then there's the whole koizilla thing during the finale, of course.

Granted TLA had longer season but, still, let Korra win a handful of fights, drive off the bad guys? I was expecting her to rise up and fight off the Equalists during the Bending Tournament Championship, it looked like she was prepared to do that whole water-tornado-pedestal thing, but then nope, she gets beat up again. LET A GIRL WIN DAMN!
    I do agree, but looking at it the bad guys barely won enough. I think a lot of it was filled with the love triangle, the pro arena tournaments, and the like. Even though it was nice additions, it took so much from the main story; especially for a 12 episode season/show.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    There was never an intention for it to go beyond the 12. The reception was just so great they (nick) choose to continue it.
    True, but I doubt Nickelodeon would have objected if the creators had asked for 14 or 15 episodes. It could have made the series slightly less cramped.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    well the main character is an AVATAR, what did you expect?
    I expected her to be able to relearn her powers in future seasons. I wasnt expecting a massive Deus Ex where she got them all back within the last two minutes of the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    True, but I doubt Nickelodeon would have objected if the creators had asked for 14 or 15 episodes. It could have made the series slightly less cramped.
    Well they're on about a potential 3rd series so hopefully we get a 2 series story arc to flesh it out more

I do agree, but looking at it the bad guys barely won enough. I think a lot of it was filled with the love triangle, the pro arena tournaments, and the like. Even though it was nice additions, it took so much from the main story; especially for a 12 episode season/show.
    Yeah I definately agree there, the first handful of episodes were like whoo this show's sweet! And then they got to about episode..6 or 7 and then the show snowballed into a finale.

Also, Mr. Sato was the only character I felt very WUT by. I'M AVENGING YOUR MOTHER'S DEATH, SO DIE DAUGHTER. ???? Why not have him break down emotionally when he's beaten or be like, you're right daughter I give up, something. Dude went NUTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Naekiwi View Post
    Aang had;
    The thing is tho, Aang lived during a time of great conflicts, which due to him ended, and the world entered a golden age of peace and invention. Korra lives in the world that Aang unified, which would be more peaceful compared to what Aang had to deal with.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    SNIP!
    Agreed, there was so many plot holes and inconsistencies in this episode that it almost became unbearable. I'm especially concerned with how Amon was supposedly a Water-Tribesmen, despite not being dark skinned, and him clearly being more darker in the flashbacks. Also Yakoone "mysteriously" escaping from prison also ticked me off.

What's even more concerning is of how energy bending was able to reverse the effects of blood-bending, despite blood bending effects being of the physical realm, whereas energy bending delves with more a spiritual aspect of bending.

Still nonetheless I LOVED this season final, especially with the suicide scene & the past avatars revealing themselves to Korra.

Also Mako...................ughhhhh
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-06-24 at 12:29 AM.

I hope they just call that a TV movie and 4 part it, then continue on with a series around the characters, tbh.

---------- Post added 2012-06-24 at 12:41 AM ----------

Now that I think about it... I Like how the guy was the asshole in the love triangle. You would expect the girl to be the one choosing between two guys, being all, " I love you... NO, I LOVE YOU". Kind of nice how they didn't make the whole jealously thing spin off into villian antics either.

Quote Originally Posted by Underbottom View Post
    Incorrect it was a 12 episode Mini-Series that got upped to 26 total episodes midway in production of season one.(story was done)
    Incorrect, From the start it was said it was going to be a 26 episode series. With an option for more if Nick ordered. S2 was going to happen, abeit the season finale did seem very complete for a series finale.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    IF YOU CAN'T COMPETE IN ARENAS YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN RATED BGS!! LEARN TO PLAY!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow. Awesome finale. Tarlokk's whole part in that nearly had me crying.

Especially the end ;_;
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Oh wow. Awesome finale. Tarlokk's whole part in that nearly had me crying.

Especially the end ;_;
    Really surprised they went there for a Nick cartoon