Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

FoS for kills before nerfs? (MoP beta)

So, a new build has apparead and part of the notes were:

Feats of Strength

- Cutting Edge: Grand Empress Shek'zeer (New) Defeat Grand Empress Shek'zeer in Heart of Fear on Heroic difficulty, with Klaxxi Resonance inactive or disabled.
    - Cutting Edge: Sha of Fear (New) Defeat the Sha of Fear in Terrace of Endless Spring on Heroic difficulty, with the Ritual of Purification inactive or disabled.
    - Cutting Edge: Will of the Emperor (New) Defeat the Will of the Emperor in Mogu'shan Vaults on Heroic difficulty, with the Dampening Field either inactive or disabled.

Thoughts? I'm rather sure those names are the new Power of the Aspects. Personally, I'm glad to see these added. A bit more of recognizition for people that killed it before the progressive nerf, another thing to work towards for the people that defeated them after. Win/win situation.

They need to scale down gear to get it as well, so people don't come back 2 patches later to faceroll it.

Deleted
    If this is truth, they just transformed a "fake" choice into a "meaningfull" choice.

Kudos to them, few more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by PickledOnion View Post
    They need to scale down gear to get it as well, so people don't come back 2 patches later to faceroll it.
    inb4 "HERP DERP YOU STILL HAEV THE DATE LOLZ"

Good addition, but would be better to stop nerfing. This FoS should be unattainable after the tier is over so you can't come back overgeared imo

Looks like we might be seeing that 30% progressing buff for ALL raid content in MoP, instead of the final antagonist encounters like ICC and DS. Hmm.

I agree it's a smart move on Blizzards part, honnestly not a solution I had seen mentioned before. Seems to help both sides of the argument.

Do agree it should not be available any more after a new tier has been launched though. I guess you could kinda see it as Gladiator FoS, sort of a mark of your history as a good pve'er rather then pvp'er.

In the end it doesn't make a big difference. But it adds some recognition, which is what most people who complained about the nerfs presumably wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post

Good addition, but would be better to stop nerfing. This FoS should be unattainable after the tier is over so you can't come back overgeared imo
    I hate people that say "LOL READ DATES" I mean really. Who the hell read dates. Unless you're looking at apps to a guild. No one looks at dates. No one.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinedoom View Post
    In the end it doesn't make a big difference.
    Makes a pretty big difference.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    I hate people that say "LOL READ DATES" I mean really. Who the hell read dates. Unless you're appin' to a guild. No one looks at dates. No one.
    I do. If someone has Death's Demise from 2011 or something silly, and they're linking it like they were actually good enough to get it legit, I'll be the first to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Makes a pretty big difference.

---------- Post added 2012-07-13 at 01:28 PM ----------

I do. If someone has Death's Demise from 2011 or something silly, and they're linking it like they were actually good enough to get it legit, I'll be the first to notice.
    Oh feats a other story, I do too. But for non feats. I don't look.

As long as they do this, I think this is a wonderful idea. Would even love to see a title that goes with it. Basically IMO they just need to copy Herald of the Titans, have an ilvl requirement and give a cool title.

I still understand the whole "just take the 30 seconds to look at the date LAWL", but honestly I don't have much respect for someone who brags about how they killed Sinestra a month ago, since they completely trivialize the fight with gear.

I wish they could extend this to old raids (on proper ilvl). I was late to "the immortal", I wasn't playing on Blizz servers yet. It could be a great improvement to use old content.

This is honestly the best change Blizzard has made to the raiding game in a long time. It is a huge step in the right direction. It doesn't even matter if they remove dates or not because ranking sites and so on will use this FoS as a guide to having actually completed the content. That is to say, if you killed Sinestra and got this achievement in March 2011 it would be very different from doing it in August 2011.

Easy solution - just remove them before the next content patch. But I guess certain people would get mad about that.

I foresee a lot of new raiding guilds being named Cutting Edge after this.

Whether or not most guilds care about this will depend on whether Wowprogress uses this to sort their rankings. =p
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2012-07-14 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a feat of strength which means it can simply become unattainable when a new tier starts. That's pretty much the point of them.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Fantastic. That's pretty much exactly the kind of very simple solution I am super happy with.

I don't need a super exclusive mount, or even a title, and I certainly don't want to deprive other people of the ability to kill bosses entirely long after I have, but it'd be great to have something as simple as a FoS to mark having done it early on. Kudos to Blizz if that is indeed exactly what this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post

Yeah, they also need to make it so that you can't get it after the first 100 guilds have. If you're not top 100 in the world, you don't deserve any special awards either.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-07-14 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, they also need to make it so that you can't get it after the first 100 guilds have. If you're not top 100 in the world, you don't deserve any special awards either
    That's just getting needlessly elitist, in my opinion. A FoS is plenty. The top 100 guilds are perfectly aware of how good they are because of websites like WoWProgress.

Another question will be if this is expansion-long or removed by patch. If there were some sort of tangible reward I could see them hesitating to take it due to possible backlash, but with a FoS they might. Stuff like Algalon no deaths and Sinestra no deaths were available for the whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    That's just getting needlessly elitist, in my opinion. A FoS is plenty. The top 100 guilds are perfectly aware of how good they are because of websites like WoWProgress.
    Actually I was being a smartass. I would think a FoS would be enough for most HC raiders, especially if WoWProgress will do rankings off of it, so when I see some wanting to tack on more things to make sure their title stays special, I just get that eye twitch going.

Note, I never asked for nerfs to Heroic content anyways and I'm glad they are offering out a FoS. I'd just like to see both sides move on, surely there are better things to complain about, then Jonny getting an achievement a year and a half after the raid was released.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-07-14 at 01:40 AM.