Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    What do people think about playing Zyra top lane? She could probably zone like a boss with the threat of her seeds, but I don't know if she would be tanky enough like a Swain or Vladimir.

I do feel Xin might need a slight nerf sadly. I've only seen a team with a Xin lose twice. Once was me playing and I did terrible, the second was a bad Xin on the other team who got stomped top lane. Every other time Xin will get fed off someone, and no matter how fed I am or another team mate is, we can't stop him. A Xin killed me as Nocturne with only AS boots and wriggles while I was chasing a Veigar. Probably my fault, but when I go from essentially 100% health to dead in the matter of 5 sec just from Xin, something is wrong.
    I actually agree and disagree at the same time. Xin was already a really strong champ, but he fell off late game. The rework shifted things around and the passive is strong for late game, with that ult. Atm I'd rate him as a top champion, but I don't know about overpowered. Possibly, with about 5 games with him, and 1 against one. I can't tell yet. However I have noticed that something fishy happens with TTS at max rank. I had some CDR but the tooltip said 4 seconds CD but a 6 second CD would happen. If this is an unintended bug and they fix it, then xin would definitely be up for a nerf. At the moment, at most he would need some slight number adjustments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elial View Post
    I actually agree and disagree at the same time. Xin was already a really strong champ, but he fell off late game. The rework shifted things around and the passive is strong for late game, with that ult. Atm I'd rate him as a top champion, but I don't know about overpowered. Possibly, with about 5 games with him, and 1 against one. I can't tell yet. However I have noticed that something fishy happens with TTS at max rank. I had some CDR but the tooltip said 4 seconds CD but a 6 second CD would happen. If this is an unintended bug and they fix it, then xin would definitely be up for a nerf. At the moment, at most he would need some slight number adjustments.
    TTS's cooldown doesn't start until you get all 3 attacks off or the buff duration expires.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I haven't had a game like on even a semi regular basis that wasn't premade since before season 1 started.

Then suddenly every dumbass migrated over because "OMFG FREE GAME" and then everything devolved after that point.

Deleted
    Does anybody else find Yorick the most pathetic champion in the game?

Like really, just spam ghouls, lacks any sort of skilled play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yorick isn't invincible like everyone thinks.

He is a massive pain in the ass to fight though if you don't have a shit load of sustain yourself.

All you need is a jungler with a good stun and you can take him down with ignite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Yorick isn't invincible like everyone thinks.

He is a massive pain in the ass to fight though if you don't have a shit load of sustain yourself.

All you need is a jungler with a good stun and you can take him down with ignite.
    Yeah well, my jungler gave 1 gank, but that was it.

Worst thing is he thought he had skill (that Yorick) T_T.

I was Jayce and it was a blind pick.

Not much I could do....

Seriously a champion that I find to be pathetic....

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Does anybody else find Yorick the most pathetic champion in the game?

Like really, just spam ghouls, lacks any sort of skilled play.
    If by pathetic you mean possibly the strongest top lane there is, then yes. Call it easy, but Yorick can destroy top and turn ganks into double kills. However he does require a good ranged carry to win too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    If by pathetic you mean possibly the strongest top lane there is, then yes. Call it easy, but Yorick can destroy top and turn ganks into double kills. However he does require a good ranged carry to win too.
    Yes, that is what I mean. They should tone him down a little somehow.

Champions like Yorick always seem "pathetic" and "easy", but play him yourself and you'll see he has his cons too.

There's always champions people find OP until they play them themselves.

Like for example, I tried Zyra in a PvP game, went against Fizz in mid, he completely annihilated me and I thought his early game damage was just fucking off the rocker, but then again, he can't clear waves for shit, he's melee and I didn't run with MR runes.

(Not to mention I played like shit and got way too close a lot of times.)
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2012-07-25 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Champions like Yorick always seem "pathetic" and "easy", but play him yourself and you'll see he has his cons too.

There's always champions people find OP until they play them themselves.

Like for example, I tried Zyra in a PvP game, went against Fizz in mid, he completely annihilated me and I thought his early game damage was just fucking off the rocker, but then again, he can't clear waves for shit, he's melee and I didn't run with MR runes.

(Not to mention I played like shit and got way too close a lot of times.)
    Fizz is either really strong or really weak based on the enemy mid.

I got unlucky at played him against morde yesterday, wasn't very fun.

Playing against kassadin as him sucks too.

Deleted
    Fizz? Fizz does clear waves like shit yes. :P Except later on, then he just needs E and perhaps some auto attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Fizz is either really strong or really weak based on the enemy mid.

I got unlucky at played him against morde yesterday, wasn't very fun.

Playing against kassadin as him sucks too.
    Kassadin is potentially easy for you as his Q has travel time, so if you're fast enough or good at predicting then you can dodge it with an E.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    Kassadin is potentially easy for you as his Q has travel time, so if you're fast enough or good at predicting then you can dodge it with an E.
    not when you're point blank.

Fizz kind of needs to be in melee range to do any damage.

Hes hard to pin down because if you do tag him with your ult he just immediately bails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, loving Zyra. One of the most fun AP mids in the game. It's really fun when they stand in your ult so the knockup hits everyone and your team kills people off in those few secs they can't fight back.

Haven't ran into anyone who I would say counter her. I even out pushed a Cassiopeia. Kassadin could potentially be really annoying. Swain post 6 would also be an issue unless you knock him up before he ults.

Deleted
    Actually today there was a teamfight in which our Twitch killed their Zyra in a last standoff and Twitch won.

But then the plants finished Twitch off and it was a double ace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Actually today there was a teamfight in which our Twitch killed their Zyra in a last standoff and Twitch won.

But then the plants finished Twitch off and it was a double ace.
    I've had people all day just ignore plants as they take good portions of their health away. No one realizes how much damage they do, especially when empowered by her ult, and since they stick around she still has a minor fight presence after she dies that can pick up kills.

Deleted
    I was hitting the plants too, but they hit back with a big middle finger attitude. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    First off, his Q does not reset the CDR of itself. Each hit takes 1 second off the cdr of all your abilities, but Three Talon Strike doesn't go on cooldown until the third hit has been dealt. So it doesn't lower the cooldown of itself. If it did that, I would agree with you that it was broken as hell, but it doesn't. His ult is also on a 100% Bonus AD scale, not 100% of AD.

He can do the damage that some ranged ads can do, if you build him like them, but then you have a melee glass cannon. And that just doesn't work very well. You can build damage on him, but one cc and you're basically fucked. Once he has charged someone and he gets slowed he can be kited until Audacious Charge comes back up. So he is very susceptible to cc. You can play him as a melee carry, but that's only going to work if you already have a tank and probably a bruiser too, which means your team is going to be really lacking on the magic damage. And if you build him as a tanky dps, he is infinitely more useful than as a carry.

Though you mention his charge doing more damage than Irelia and akali's. It actually doesn't. Akali's ult at rank 3 does the same damage that xin's charge does at max rank. And guess what, it has a 1 sec cd. Clearly xin's charge is the better ability. It does do more damage than bladesurge, but bladesurge has 100% ad scaling (not that irelia stacks ad) and is reset when it gets a killing blow. Does that mean she can just spam it through a team fight? Probably not, they would all have to be very low, but in the lane it certainly gives her the opportunity to use it twice to get to someone that would have been out of range. And if you're using xin's charge to deny last hitting, i'm going to say you're doing it wrong. You are going to run yourself dry incredibly fast. If you have blue buff, sure spam your spells but otherwise you'll do that for a bit then be able to not do anything.

I don't really know what else to say. You clearly have not played him, and you probably just got rolled by one and decided that he was OP. You didn't even look at his skills to see what they did, or what their damage was compared to other people.
    You are right and wrong about the last paragraph.

I haven't played him myself, but I'm not interested in trying him out cause he is, sadly, very similar to Master Yi, as in, he is mostly AA damage except his ulti.

I'm not a 14 year old kid who plays one game against a certain champion, can't beat him 1v1 through smashing my buttons and whine about them being OP. My thoughts have come after I have played with/against about 20 Xin Zhaos and in all the games (except one, where the Xin on my team thought it was a sin to use your abilities), he has been in either the most damage dealt champion, second or third at worst. I have gone through his skill set alot and compared with others.

You are right about the Q cdr. I wrongly worded the scaling of ulti. I realize that it is bonus AD.

Lets look at the cd on his abilities:

Q: 5 sec at max rank
    W:12 sec at max rank
    E: 9 sec at max rank
    R: 80 sec at max rank

Xin is said to be played as a bruiser. However due to his ulti, W passive and Q giving massive survive options, he doesn't need to stack alot of tank items. He can go with a hybrid built, and most guides I have seen so far just suggest the same. They suggest 3 tank items (including boots) and then 3 dps items. It depends however, but you can get 2 dps at least or 4 dps at most. Looking at his build, he will atleast have 20% CDR from items. Taking a base of 20% cdr JUST from items, the cd on his abilities are as follows:

Q: 4 sec at max rank
    W: 9.6 sec at max rank
    E: 7.2 sec at max rank
    R: 64 sec at max rank

Now add the 3 sec cdr from Q and you have

W: 6.6 sec
    E: 4.2 sec
    R: 61 sec.

This is simply too LOW cd on abilities.

Other champions with ability CDR I can think of are Ez whose Q which gives CDR on hit and his other abilities have a long cd. Skarner who is pretty much built around CDR and AS but overall have high cds except his Q, there is another one with Q reducing other abilities by 1 sec but I can't remember who. I don't remeber/know any other. All of these champions have built in CDR cause they have very high CDs on other abilities and are more dependent on abilities then AA.

W being 80% AS steroid has way too less CD and has no consequences for using it at the wrong time. As a matter of fact, your W will be pretty much up all the time cause it has a duration of 5 sec and a cd of 6.6 sec, which can be dropped further below btw. No other AS steroid is this powerful and have no side-effects.

Tristana's 90% AS has a 7 sec duration but 20 sec cd, use it at the wrong time and you have hampered your team.

Fiora has a 120% AS but with a 3 sec duration and 11 sec CD, it is also her escape/grab closer, but Fiora is in a pretty bad situation overall being a melee carry etc.

Graves 4 sec AS but at the cost of an escape/gap closer with a 14 sec cd.

Twitch has a 5 sec AS but at the cost of his escape/stealth with a 8 sec cd.

Eve gains 120% AS for 3 sec but after getting two hits with 9 sec cd.

WW, 80%, 10 sec AS buff with a 16 sec cd. The only one who comes close to have having a none-consequential heavy AS steroid, but still not as much as Xin.

Every champion has to think and calculate when to use their AS steroid. Xin, not so much.

Rest all of the get stacks for AS through certain means and not insta AS at will, you need to "work" to get it.

Because of this OP AS steroid, his Q, you should built a BT on Xin and along with the passive (heal) from W, he will end up having unrivaled self healing.

W being an aoe slow/damage along with a gap closer which also applies the passive at a 4 sec cd just sounds wrong. Comparing it to Akali's, she can use three chargers, EACH charge has a 15 sec cd and doesn't apply any other effects unless you have her Q on the target. Besides, Akali is an assassin, Xin is a bruiser.

As I said before, he can go Q+W+E on a person, kill them, then do the same on other in no time or do it on the same person again in no time.

Xin is a bruiser, but can do what a carry can with his AS steroid and what assassin's do with his insta charge.

And his ulti is just ridiculous. The base damage at rank 3 does 15% HP damage (which can be count as true damage) along with 325 BASE damage. It has a RADIUS of 375. In a team fight, if you happen to hit three people, that's a total of 45% true damage dealt PLUS 975 (not counting ANY bonus damage), knocking them back (granted none are "challenged") and giving Xin 75 MR and armor.

If you happen to hit all 5 (very rare occasion though) you will do 75% damage and 1625 BASE damage. It can be count has one champion dead.

It's just ridiculous damage.

You say he is fucked with just one cc when built like a glass cannon. The thing is, you won't be doing that cause it's dumb. As I said before, you will give him a hybrid build with a BT cause of retarded AS and W passive. What about others where he can pretty much chain cc them into oblivion? And how can you say he will kited when he can pretty much Q+W+E, where he will close the gap, getting in some heavy AAs (which in the only thing he does really) and knocking the enemy into the air. If you survive this combo, it won't take long for Xin to use it again. I have given you the numbers above, and they are the low end, not high end.

And he won't be going to charge all the time during lane phase, no one is going to use their abilities all the time during lane phase, but the fact it, he will do much more damage then others without having to think.

Xin, right now, is a very low risk and very very high reward champion. His abilities have no consequences whatsoever, he can be built to have too much sustain, can be built to have great survivability and can be built to have great damage all at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Deleted
    I've been trying Zyra jungle for a couple of games today and...it works. It's not SSS-tier but it works. Her first clear is slightly slower than standard (we're talking slightly. Her damage on Q is really nice) and she really needs a proper leash (if you even mention superman leash, I will cut you) but yeah, she's got decent ganks and very nice base damage so unless you get juked to hell and beyond you should be fine and once she gets some AP items her clears become ridiculously easy. Couple that with the ability to place free wards while invading so you don't walk right into the jungler and I'd say she's pretty nice.

Of course, there's also dueling. She'll lose unless the jungler is someone rlysquishy. Guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    he has been in either the most damage dealt champion, second or third at worst.
    This is a huge wall of text about a champion I don't give a damn about so I'm not going to read it all but 'most damage dealt' counts ALL damage done, it says nothing about their actual damage output.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-07-25 at 11:12 PM.