Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomsk69 View Post
    i for one think this whole cross realm server crap was and is completely a useless feature. i for one, dont level outside of org anymore. there is no need to farm older content anymore. i have very deep pockets so i dont need to do dailies. lately while i work IRL, all i do in wow is lvl my druid through dungeon finder. blizz really should have just merged select battlegroups into 1 server. i mean think about it. say a battlegroup has mostly all low pop status, then they would merge that whole battlegroup or part of it into 1 server and have it join another battlegroup.

BS. After MoP THE world in WoW will always be full of actvity. Besides you need to look this into the future of MMORPG design.

The content you see now is secundary to the technique of cross server play Blizzard is introducing.

Some content is already introduced now, like world Pet catching, other will surely follow in the future.

So basically the issue with CRZ is that it hinders the ability to farm nodes/mobs and since the AHs are not CR'd you don't get the benefits of having others nabbing up items available to you?

Maybe they need to change how those items are obtained then? Keep CRZ but make farmable items phased similar to how archaelogy nodes work? Give people phased mining/herb nodes (decrease the amount in the world though). Make mobs like the TLPD/etc phased, more rare and quicker to despawn. Wouldn't that solve a lot of the issues? People would still be out in the world interacting with each other, you could still get ganked, still do quests together and your farmable items would not be touched by other players (although they'd become more sparse due to no competition for them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Then everyone (bar leveling characters) opts out and the entire implementation of the feature would have been largely useless.
    If everyone would opt out of it if able, doesn't that already say something about the usefulness of the feature?

Imo, this is nothing but a ganking tool.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    This is the best comment made so far. People are just QQ'ing because they can't farm to their hearts content anymore or have a guaranteed rare mount.

Sure, there are things that can be improved, but that is the same as anything. I love the CRZ feature and it makes the world alive again.

"This is just another instance of them implemtenting shit cus they think its cool and then brushing aside people who dont like it as whiners and ungratefull. "

You have just answered your own question. People act entitled just because they play the game, and think they are arm chair devs.
    Quote Originally Posted by salamala View Post
    @ BenBos,
    Thank you for reaffirming why YOU like this idea, which has nothing to do with what the OP says at all.
    He doesn't like this idea and is asking whether an Opt-out option might be coming around.
    the upsides you list he doesn't see as up-sides so your delusion that everyone thinks like you is still just that.
    I don't care about his feelings about picking flowers, one or more less then he used to.

I care and look upon THE future of open world cross server designs in MMORPG's ... Which is 100000 times more important than a dude complaining about picking a flower or single mob.

His opinion of picking a flower stands very trivial to what Blizzard is working on : a seamless open world across servers without a loading screen in sight.

Let them work and you'll see where this is leading to: return of world pvp, world bosses, world elite quests, world pet hunting, and why not ... In the long run pure world pvp zones like Wintergrasp with actually more people fighting than 4 dudes on each side.

Possibilities are endless with this awesome new technique and the end result can't even be predicted in Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey awesome! I was out in Sholazar at 2pm my server time, it was announced, I fished and finally got a Blacktip Shark! Oh boy after nearly three years I'm gonna win it! I use my ring to come to Dal and SURPRISE! Dal is CRZ'd to a server in the central time zone so I can't turn it in because it ended already on that server two hours prior. >_< FML.
    Last edited by PHOENIXZERO; 2012-09-08 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    BS. After MoP THE world in WoW will always be full of actvity. Besides you need to look this into the future of MMORPG design.

The content you see now is secundary to the technique of cross server play Blizzard is introducing.

Some content is already introduced now, like world Pet catching, other will surely follow in the future.
    yeah dont make me laugh. seriously this was the worst idea they could have come up with. they should have focused more on merging low pop servers together to make them have more populations. maybe they should use eve as a example, and have servers like theirs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamorak View Post
    Its largely useless anyway and the only ones that do get any benefit are PvP'ers, there are no group quests left from 1-85 and i havent seen any in MoP yet, i dont really know why they added this feature to pve realms at all since they killed off any reason to need a group outside of dungeons.
    There are still group quests, they're just few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    There are still group quests, they're just few and far between.
    Honestly, other than CoC I can't think of a single one in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    There wasn't and the ones that use to be group quests were nerfed down to being easily solo'd, even those giant badasses who could easily kill you like Durn in Nagrand had his HP reduced to just 12,652HP in 4.3 and is no longer elite.

Don't mind me though, I'm pretty pissed ATM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huntypus View Post
    Honestly, other than CoC I can't think of a single one in cata.
    Yetimus and Perenolde Tiara come to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    People will NEVER be happy about anything EVER.
    I'd be happy if they merged or consolidated servers that have more or less been dead since vanilla. I'm looking at you Azshara. It just seems that they are really really trying to avoid doing exactly that for NA/EU servers for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You'll need to get used to the idea that in fact he actually was on your server. This is why the opt-out thing is extremely unlikely to happen. Blizzard is actively merging and unmerging zones dynamically. It's not the sort of thing that you can set a flag for and say "Leave me behind."

But, really, get over to Blizz's forums with your concerns and make them known. If you don't do it now, you likely won't get a chance later on.
    I have already posted my concern on the official forum.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I'd be happy if they merged or consolidated servers that have more or less been dead since vanilla. I'm looking at you Azshara. It just seems that they are really really trying to avoid doing exactly that for NA/EU servers for some reason.
    Yeah. That plus merging Alliance-only with Horde-only realms. I don't want to look at more people while questing, I want to kill more people and find more people for PuGs.

Yeah its pretty stupid. You cannot raid or arena with these people you meet, they just take up space and resources and give the illusion of server population. Camping rares and farming is a nightmare now because of this bullshit. What is the redeemable quality world pvp that nobody wants?
    Hi Sephurik

I doubt I'll notice any difference playing on one of the most populous servers anyway, I am well used to having 0 chance of seeing a rare spawn / my pick of gathering nodes. Also I laughed at the implementation of world bosses that drop good / desirable loot... fat chance!

I agree they should have just merged servers and had done with it. Even though it would have spawned equally as many complaints with people unhappy at who they were being merged with, and a new and fun break out of quit-the-game doomsayers making dire predictions and gloating.

What is the redeemable quality world pvp that nobody wants?
    Funny because we got a lot of threads bleating about the lack of world pvp...

Deleted
    I never understood the rationale behind CRZ. The problem of being in a low pop server is not that you don't see anyone while questing. Maybe that makes you feel lonely, but in all honesty, questing goes so fast and is relatively easy, so you won't really notice.
    The problem of low pop servers are:
    -difficulty finding a guild / small pool of available guilds
    -empty AH

First problem is not addressed at all with CRZ. Your guild will still be small because there is no cross-realm guilding.
    Second problem is made worse: people from low pop realms are now competing over spawns/nodes with a lot more people. Many of the nodes they could have claimed without CRZ will now be claimed by people from other servers. So, low pop realm AHs will be even emptier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    I never understood the rationale behind CRZ. The problem of being in a low pop server is not that you don't see anyone while questing. Maybe that makes you feel lonely, but in all honesty, questing goes so fast and is relatively easy, so you won't really notice.
    The problem of low pop servers are:
    -difficulty finding a guild / small pool of available guilds
    -empty AH

First problem is not addressed at all with CRZ. Your guild will still be small because there is no cross-realm guilding.
    Second problem is made worse: people from low pop realms are now competing over spawns/nodes with a lot more people. Many of the nodes they could have claimed without CRZ will now be claimed by people from other servers. So, low pop realm AHs will be even emptier.
    And I bet my right hand that IF this new technology works, one of the first things you'll see is cross realm guilds or cross realm AH's.

I understand it is fustrating, but this stuff is still being tested on live realms right now. It could work, it could fail. Either way, we just have to play, give Blizzard usefull feedback, and see how it plays out.

Also, I hope you people realise that if Blizzard deals with the flaws and pulls this off this could be something revolutionary and greatly improve MMO's in general.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2012-09-09 at 12:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    And I bet my right hand that IF this new technology works, one of the first things you'll see is cross realm guilds or cross realm AH's.

I understand it is fustrating, but this stuff is still being tested on live realms right now. It could work, it could fail. Either way, we just have to play, give Blizzard usefull feedback, and see how it plays out.
    I'm a computer guy. I like fixing problems by getting at the root and source of the error. The problem is low population servers. CRZ isn't a solution to that. Consolidating servers is. I don't need them to make another work around for something that should have been done ages ago.

This is a very lazy and poor attempt to get around merging servers. Sure in time they will hopefully remove the bugs that don't give you the proper value for your ridding and proffesions, cut out the time changes and only merge servers on the same server time, then stop with quest bugs like the fishing weeklies that pretty much every pst or mtn server missed out on today since it was done or bugged when they went to do it. Even with all of that being fixed this is like putting a 2nd diaper on a kid that just shit his pants and ignoring the mess that was made.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    If Blizzard is moving to some new cloud-like server architecture, merging hardware servers at this point in time would just be wasted time, hassle and effort. That's one reason why I really think it's important to say what you dislike or like about it because I really doubt that they'll be going back on this. Perhaps delay it some to work out bugs and add things to assuage people's concerns, but abandoning it? I'd be surprised.