10+ Year Old Account
    There's minorities to all groups of fans. We had United fans there on Sunday chanting "Where's your famous Munich songs?" and I'm absolutely disgusted to be associated by club with people like that.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

It's like the idiots at Ibrox who sing loyalist/orange songs, no place for it (although the irony in it is that half of them profess to be "protestants" despite not having attended a church in their life nor have any idea as to protestantism in religion anyway) - banning orders in this country need to be beefed up so that people like that are banned from all sports grounds for life - period!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    "fans" taken to twitter to abuse the referee following the game hoping he has a relapse of his cancer - fucking scumbags, sorry, I've been the guy who's had to deal with the sort of treatment he underwent and you wouldn't wish that on your worst enemy, but to say stuff like that because he made some decisions is uncalled for. If Liverpool were that bloody good they'd win the match without the referee, but they're not, they're crap, don't abuse the referee because he made some "controversial" decisions against you, rip into your own team for not being able to beat United on the park - because that's exactly what happened there yesterday.

No doubt the same fans who would have cried like bitches had they heard United fans singing about Hillsborough - hypocrites.
    Really? That's just really really... pathetic... I think Shelvey fully deserved that red, and every other decision he made other than the United penalty, which was rather soft and borderline, was a good call imo. I've definitely seen worse referees making terrible decisions constantly throughout a game...

Liverpool were the better team that day, and maybe deserved to win, if not at least draw, but fact is they didn't finish their goal chances and in the 2nd half, United actually played, as they were non-existant in the first half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vidic out for 2 months, ouch that must really hurt.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Vidic out for 2 months, ouch that must really hurt.
    Last season all over again... and just what we needed after our current performance -_- /sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Two months won't really hit as hard as losing him the whole season. He's been off pace since his return and the fact that this surgery will correct the knee problems is a bonus.

Fletcher is back, which is a huge boost to the squad, he's starting tonight alongside Buttner and Powell against Newcastle.

And Rooney up front... y'know just because.

They change the name of this cup every 2 seasons it feels like, I think I'll always call it the Carling Cup. I had to go check Skysports to see if this was a real game between Man U and Newcastle or whether or not it was some mickey-mouse thing involving the U21 reserves or some crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still call it the Coca Cola cup, my dad still calls it the Milk Cup.

Suppose it kinda dates the person as to when they really got into football.

United are doing what they usually do, he's stretching the younger squad members legs, rotating the squad, and using it to feed back Fletcher and Rooney after layoffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Had to go out so missed the first half, but just got in to see replays of Anderson's goal... pretty nice. Nice to see some names you hardly see playing too, like Wootton, Vermijl etc. As Fencore posted above, Ferguson stretching the younger squad members legs.

No idea how United performed the first half (seeing as I said I missed it), but hoping for an entertaining 2nd half. I see WBA is drawing with Liverpool 1-1... Part of me hopes Liverpool win so they get some sort of confidence out of the match.

edit: And a nice goal by Cleverly!

---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 10:43 PM ----------

Newcastle the better team the 2nd half, but nice goal by Cleverly to get us the winning result, although Cisse was pretty damn fantastic...

And on another side note, Reading come from 1-2 down to win 3-2 so all in all pleased tonight (+ the fact City are already out hah ;D)

Oh and, Arsenal looking pretty strong, even if it was against Conventry!
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-09-26 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    fuck fuck fuck we got Chelsea away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    I still call it the Coca Cola cup, my dad still calls it the Milk Cup.
    I usually just call it the League Cup.

And Liverpool play Swansea at home next round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibbler View Post
    I usually just call it the League Cup.

And Liverpool play Swansea at home next round.
    Yea same here they change the name 2 often

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    fuck fuck fuck we got Chelsea away
    Bugger....

edit: Nice to see Liverpool were able to win.

Rangers played Motherwell tonight in the Scottish league cup (Communities League Cup or whatever it's called these days), Motherwell sit top of the SPL and we horsed them 2-0, was a show of defiance more than anything else proving that while we might be in the third division we're still better than the best the SPL has to offer, could easily have been 3-4 goals! Nearly 29,500 at the game too - brilliant considering the competition (it's a mickey mouse competition) & the fact it was live on BBC Scotland, comparatively Celtic drew under 15,000 last night, more a case of letting the Motherwell fans in attendance know they're not too popular in Govan. Rangers will join Celtic, Hearts, Dundee United, St. Johnstone, St. Mirren, Aberdeen & Inverness Caley Thistle in the Quarter Final draw as the only lower league team left in the competition.

Bit like Fengore I still know the English league cup as the coca-cola cup & still regularly call the Scottish variant either the same or even older the Skol Cup!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why everyone's so down on the concept of going to Stamford Bridge.

Personally I think it's the best thing for these young lads, they want experience? Well they can play the European Champions*

I think tonight there were positives and negatives to be taken from it, they lack physical strength and back four organisation, and De Gea still has zero presence in his box (awesome shotstopper, but needs to go to the Peter Schmeichel school of territorial instincts)

On the positives, Rooney looks on fire, and I look forward to seeing him play behind Van Persie in the midfield to striker link, it's natural for him to be there. Cleverley was all over the midfield and responsible for keeping the ball moving at a fast pace, Fletcher doesn't look like a man who'd been gone 10 months, and it was brilliant to see him bring a sense of control and command the center of the pitch.

Then you've got Anderson, who played like a player who's utterly pissed off at being benched and dropped while Nani plays one shocking game after another, and wanted to prove his worth to Sir Alex. He reminded me of his excellent run of form a couple of seasons ago, and it'll be good to see him get used more often.

Newcastle weren't a push over, and it's good to see Cisse back, the Toon has missed him, expecting them to turn their fortunes around in the Premier League with him returning and Ba back to form.

All in all, great game of football.

Thing to remember about De Gea is he's 21 - no offence but he's a good 6 years off hitting his peak & well, sorry but a 21 year old won't have much presence in a box commanded by the likes of Vidic & Ferdinand who have both been there, done that & got the t-shirt (for as much as I think Ferdinand is a prick he's an experienced prick). He'll grow into it, but for now you'll have to take the odd display where you think "what the hell are you doing?!?" before you get to the stage where you expect him not only to own the box, but everyone who enters said box & their Mums, Sisters & all known female friends the way Schmeichel did! That being said there's precious few people who's judgement I wouldn't question in world football - Fergie is one of them, again like Ferdinand, he has the way of the arsehole about him, but he wrote the book on modern management.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    arsenal won a exciting game vs coventry or something along those lines, I haven't really checked into it, a bit hard when your not around down there :< but from what I heard they won 6-1 or something and Giroud scored but also missed a penalty
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Terry has been given a 4 match suspension and £220,000 fine after being found to have racially abused Anton Ferdinand.

Now why he only gets four games as opposed to Suarez I have no idea.

In more lighter news, this statue has been unveiled in Paris today.

I suddenly have a new found sense of respect for French humour.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-09-27 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Terry has been given a 4 match suspension and £220,000 fine after being found to have racially abused Anton Ferdinand.

Now why he only gets four games as opposed to Suarez I have no idea.

In more lighter news, this statue has been unveiled in Paris today.

I suddenly have a new found sense of respect for French humour.
    4 matches - probably because he was found not guilty of the crime in a court of law, I personally feel the 4 matches is disrespectful to the court who should have had the final say on it, was he right to use said language, no, but at the same time no law higher than the court especially not The FA!

French humour - bullshit, it doesn't exist, never has never will!

15+ Year Old Account
    Those 4 matches he's banned for, are they specific to Premier League matches, or any matches (seeing there are 2 Champions League matches in October)?

If specific to Premier League, he'll miss out on the match against United *yay*. If not then well... he won't :P

I too don't get why Suarez was banned for double the amount of matches (it was 8, right?) for the exact same thing... was Suarez taken to court for it last season, I don't remember, and if so, was he found guilty?