Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    yes in arenas they arent that great but thats why blizzard is buffing them.
    Funny you should say that. I just started doing Arenas for the first time ever and I'm doing them as Mistweaver. So much CC and instant healing it's ridiculous.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Let's compare the 2 late addition classes

DK Lore: A Harbinger of death and destruction who was hand picked by the LK to bring oblivion to all who oppose him.

Monk Lore: A guy who knows kung-Fu and.........ya....

DK Specs
    : Control of Unholy diseases, manipulation of Life Blood and reign over Frost.

Monk Specs
    : Guy who drinks beer, guy who punches and kicks, guy who......what does the healer do again?

Which class is more appealing?

Demon Hunters can't get here soon enough.

Deleted
    Interesting that everyone who disagrees about monks being the easiest class to play are monk players themselves. We realize you need to try to convince yourselves that you have some skills and that it's not easy but you're not exactly unbiased so we'll take your protests with a grain of salt.

That stuff from the devs is just marketing herp derp designed to make monk players feel better about their choice. Don't drink the Kool-aid guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Interesting that everyone who disagrees about monks being the easiest class to play are monk players themselves. We realize you need to try to convince yourselves that you have some skills and that it's not easy but you're not exactly unbiased so we'll take your protests with a grain of salt.
    Did you seriously just say "people who have experience with something can't be trusted to know about its qualities?" Really?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

I found brewmaster excessively fun to level (tanking, dungeon leveling all the way up). It was a huge change at higher levels from what I was doing at lower levels, but i love both ways and am really enjoying my brewmaster. By far the most complex tanking class to play. I only really have 3 complaints about the brewmaster...

1. Dizzying haze generates ZERO threat when cast on mobs that are immune to it's debuff. This seems kind of like a bug to me, as dizzying haze was modified to have a high threat modifier specifically so it could get threat on groups of mobs at a distance. Its understandable that some mobs are immune to it's debuff, but for them to not generate any threat to the tank from being hit with the keg makes no sense to me.

2. They are weak/squishy when the fight first initiates. Less parry, less dodge, less stagger, they take huge hits when you first start a pull. It is fine after the initial start, but it can be kind of rough at first.

3. Stuns absolutely rape/destroy them. I mean all tanks take a lot more damage when stunned, but with brewmaster being so, so heavily avoidance based and being almost entirely active mitigation and avoidance and requiring input constantly to control and lessen damage, when you get stunned tanking anything that hits even remotely hard you are absolutely destroyed far worse than any other tank.

I've been main tank for my raid guild as a DK for years and I was just going to level a monk as a healer to goof around with at 90 because I thought their healing style was interesting. But I started to level as brewmasters for fast queues and quick/easy dungeons, and I just enjoyed it so much I never stopped. After hitting 90 I geared out with epics and am now maintanking raids on my monk instead of my DK. Very addicting.

They just bring so much utility like a reliable CC, teleportation, rolling out of mechanics quickly, amazing add pickup and control (and aoe, ranged slow for mobs that are vulnerable to it). They just have too many tools to ignore.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2012-11-01 at 06:18 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I love the constant crits of WW, but after playing for 90 levels, the rotation is pretty much the same.

I knew when they announced the Monk that I just wouldn't be into it. However I gave it the benefit of the doubt and made one anyway, got to about level 15 and never touched him again. Something about them just seems off to me, I guess playing a ranged class for so long makes playing a melee hard to adjust to.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I love the constant crits of WW, but after playing for 90 levels, the rotation is pretty much the same.
    Your priority list should have changed drastically at 56 when you got Rising Sun Kick. Which would become a central pillar of your rotation next to Fists of Fury. With Tiger Palm becoming something you use almost exclusively to put on a buff and Blackout Kick becoming something you only use when you have a proc or no other choice.

The difference between Vanilla content and the rest of the game with WW is pretty huge.
    [What's half of minor?]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Did you seriously just say "people who have experience with something can't be trusted to know about its qualities?" Really?
    It's called being biased. If I played a rogue since vanilla beta up to now, I would stand on both feet and say that the rogue is undoubtedly the best class in the game, no question about it. That is bias since I haven't played any other class before and I don't bother to even try out any of the other classes.

I got to level 2 on my monk and by then I was already bored as hell. Their lore is boring, their feel is very boring, and the entire monk in itself is a very boring concept for a class, especially in the way Blizzard does it. All classes are boring at that level, I have 7 druids all over level 60 so I should know, yet the monk didn't give me any sort of sensation that this would be a class that I could spend time on. There was no draw to it. Waste of developer and designer resources to me.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    It's called being biased. If I played a rogue since vanilla beta up to now, I would stand on both feet and say that the rogue is undoubtedly the best class in the game, no question about it. That is bias since I haven't played any other class before and I don't bother to even try out any of the other classes.

I got to level 2 on my monk and by then I was already bored as hell. Their lore is boring, their feel is very boring, and the entire monk in itself is a very boring concept for a class, especially in the way Blizzard does it. All classes are boring at that level, I have 7 druids all over level 60 so I should know, yet the monk didn't give me any sort of sensation that this would be a class that I could spend time on. There was no draw to it. Waste of developer and designer resources to me.
    It just highlights one of the main gripes I have about the class, monks get their flavour/fun abilities really late compared to other classes. brewmasters don't feel like brewmasters till about lvl 30, mistweavers don't feel like mistweavers till you get Renewing mists in the 60s, windwalkers don't feel like windwalkers till you get RSK in the 50s-60s.

Though, I find that Windwalker in general has far less flavour than brewmaster and mistweaver, and is probably the most performance limited and simplest of the specs to play.

Brewmaster IS complicated, is definitely the most complicated tank to play (and probably up there in terms of the most complicated specs in the game, whether you enjoy that or not is up to you) though the punishment you receive while stunned is stupid.

Mistweaver has a reasonable skill cap and players who are able to perfect a hybrid fist/cast healing style will get a lot of raid healing out of the class.

But, back to your post. Blizzard needs to make it such that monks don't spend the 1-60 levelling process using almost nothing but jab, tigers palm and blackout kick, it makes it really hard for people to get into it.

Well I didn't level one to 90, he is 78 atm but i like monks; I enjoyed leveling one till this far.
    Also, they're just added, I think we have to get used to them.

They're the easiest class to play by far so that makes them uninteresting to the majority of players, yes.
    hahaha only a true idiot would state this

Try playing a monk at 90. Good luck topping dps if you don't know what you're doing. Good luck with tanking as there are better alternatives for challenge modes and raids. Healing is in a good place but mistweavers suck for PvP arenas next to druids, shamans and holy paladins.

Deleted
    Love my brewmaster,

Deleted
    They're the easiest class to play by far so that makes them uninteresting to the majority of players, yes.
    Mind = blown.
    Not sure if troll or it's actually serious. I pity him if he's serious.

Monks are atm, the hardest class to play in both pve and pvp.

Deleted
    yea man i feel the same i don't like to fight with fists or staves nor the healing with just beams etc i just don't like them

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    It's called being biased. If I played a rogue since vanilla beta up to now, I would stand on both feet and say that the rogue is undoubtedly the best class in the game, no question about it.
    That's an unfortunate personality flaw of yours, but it's not as common a reaction as you're making it out to be. Spend a little time in the Rogue forums and you'll come across plenty of "Rogues used to be awesome back in [expansion] but they're barely worth playing anymore" stories.

I got to level 2 on my monk and by then I was already bored as hell.
    Then you went into it with a strong bias against the class before you even started. This is nearly equivalent to someone handing you a book and you reading the first page before dropping it saying "this is too boring to read." It's your choice to miss out on experiences. Not the developers' fault.

Their lore is boring, their feel is very boring, and the entire monk in itself is a very boring concept for a class, especially in the way Blizzard does it.
    Your opinion. Completely valid, of course. Not being sarcastic.

All classes are boring at that level, I have 7 druids all over level 60 so I should know, yet the monk didn't give me any sort of sensation that this would be a class that I could spend time on.
    It has three specs, one for each roll, and you "knew" it wouldn't be interesting before you even got your toolset? Do you roll mages and say "Frostfire Bolt isn't fun to cast so I won't play a mage at all?"

There was no draw to it. Waste of developer and designer resources to me.
    Once again, your opinion is completely valid but I disagree just about as black-and-white strongly as could be.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    Healing is in a good place but mistweavers suck for PvP arenas next to druids, shamans and holy paladins.
    I spent the last couple hours doing Arenas as Mistweaver. I fought several Holy Paladins that were able to keep nearly full mana throughout the entire match. One even had ~100% when he won. After who knows how many minutes. 3m CDs just popping over and over again and this guy looks like he's not even paying attention.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-11-01 at 08:29 AM.
    [What's half of minor?]

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Alternative biased perspective.

DK Lore: A guy who was a hero, then died, then got ressed by another hero... that died...

Monk Lore: A warrior prefers to hit people with their fists and feet rather than relying exclusively on big lumps of metal to beat someone

DK Specs: guy who makes himself bleed to heal himself (more than a little emo), guy who makes people cold, guy who makes people slightly ill

Monk Specs: guy who tanks through drunken style kung fu, guy who deals damage through tiger style kung fu, guy who heals through redirecting life energy

Woot.
    DK still sounds better....

Deleted
    different from every single class in a good way, i love my monk great fun to play

Brewmasters are lousy tanks at 90, as in you wouldn't want them over any other tank. I really enjoy my MW in pvp though I played a few arena matches with a friend in 2s up to around mid 1800s last week and I didn't have a problem surviving (obviously different in 3s), the only issues I came across was when it was a mana battle (especially if it is a holy paladin), but you do have some nice CC to keep dps off of you. Transcendence is amazing, spamming healing spheres on the ground when you are really in trouble saved me a lot (like the buff coming to them too). MW are amazing in PvE too. WW don't seem to be bad DPS either, not the best obviously, but not terrible, I mostly use that for dailies after I dropped my brewmaster spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Alternative biased perspective.

DK Lore: A guy who was a hero, then died, then got ressed by another hero... that died...

Monk Lore: A warrior prefers to hit people with their fists and feet rather than relying exclusively on big lumps of metal to beat someone

DK Specs: guy who makes himself bleed to heal himself (more than a little emo), guy who makes people cold, guy who makes people slightly ill

Monk Specs: guy who tanks through drunken style kung fu, guy who deals damage through tiger style kung fu, guy who heals through redirecting life energy

Woot.
    Ahahahahaha. The dk one is so true.