Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think it will be announced during Investors call.
    Btw when is it?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    When you listen to CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, and read "news" from websites like huffingtonpost, then you would definitely be one to say that about "my candidate of choice"
    sorry for the off topic but.... FEMA anyone? Didn't he want to cut it. Now with sandy he said he doesn't want to cut it?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post
    Are you some kind of Stakeholder of Blizzard?

Why people are so worried about Blizzard numbers?

Another topic that tries to bring down WoW community and transmits the "WoW is dying" image.
    This is exactly Jaylocks intention.

"Jaylock, your constant generation of wow bashing threads had changed my mind and I am going to unsubscribe from wow.", said no one ever.

Of course MoP didn't break sales records. The game is old. I would venture to say there are Qty=0 7+ year old games that are breaking their own sales records. The fact that WoW is still such a domination of the market is just amazing. No other game is even close.

Deleted
    MoP sales don't mean much. Lots of people had it pre-ordered or bought it anyway, just to see how it is. It's the 2nd-3rd month subscription numbers that are relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    sorry for the off topic but.... FEMA anyone? Didn't he want to cut it. Now with sandy he said he doesn't want to cut it?
    Yeah cutting Fema polls really well when you are getting conservatives to vote you in as the nominee but not after an actual disaster where Fema shined. Just say what ever you have to say to get elected. Flip to the Flop.

Or how about after the 2nd debate, "I will not make any anti-abortion legislation." -> Two days later after Republicans say, "WHAAAAAATTTT!?" -> "Everyone knows my that my strong stance against abortion will be upheld during my administration!"
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-11-01 at 07:41 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized this as I thought about how many bad ratings the game has received so far. Where is the official press release on the sales figures of MoP from Blizzard? Did they really sell shit numbers compared to previous expansions? Do they only have sales press releases if the sales of one of their games beats records?

Looks like MoP didn't beat any records since they haven't released any official numbers? Its looks to clearly be the case considering how low quality the game has turned out to be so far

Wasnt there an unofficial sales figure of just under 900k box units?
    The "low" sales are more a testament to Cata's failures than MoP's quality.

Like a previous poster said....over 10mil subs again....put that in your sales figures also too!

Don't be crititcal of a game you dont even play because you have no clue all that is in this expansion. By far blows away Cata Xpac and I cant wait to see what else comes out in Pandas. Definitely has me back in wow again after a year lay off.

Deleted
    You're all wrong. They got 2.7 million box sales the first week. How many digital copies they sold that week is unknown.

Sub numbers will be announced on Nov. 7th during their 3rd Quarter earnings call.

http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm

WoW is an old game and to expect it to continue to grow this late into it is not exactly a great bet. I am invested in ATVI (also a long-time WoW sub) and to me WoW isn't really much of a factor anymore as to why to invest in the company. There are many other things that ATVI is doing to continue growth, and while I personally enjoy WoW I also know that it's 8 years old and will not be the cash cow it has been forever. That said, the game isn't dying yet and it's "death" will likely be much slower than the trolls would like to believe.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    You're all wrong. They got 2.7 million box sales the first week. How many digital copies they sold that week is unknown.
    Wrong. They got 2.7 mil sales they never said what they were.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Wrong. They got 2.7 mil sales they never said what they were.
    This. Blizzard never said how many were Digital and how many were Box sales. There were outside analysts though that put box sales at around 7-9k. Which would put digital sales at 1.8-2m

10+ Year Old Account
    Back to this topic again ?

The game sold well, the reviews are 8 or higher. Good launch and fine expansion.

Deleted
    They are not telling sales because GW2 killed WoW!

Oh and SW:TOR too =]

Jk.

Just play the game if you like it, +10 million players clearly is enough.

8 year old game. 10 million subscribers. It's clearly a terrible game made by the worst game development company out there.

And go Romney!

It sold more copies than any other game sold this year.

Next question.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just realized this as I thought about how many bad ratings the game has received so far. Where is the official press release on the sales figures of MoP from Blizzard? Did they really sell shit numbers compared to previous expansions? Do they only have sales press releases if the sales of one of their games beats records?

Looks like MoP didn't beat any records since they haven't released any official numbers? Its looks to clearly be the case considering how low quality the game has turned out to be so far

Wasnt there an unofficial sales figure of just under 900k box units?
    Oh Jaylock, go play the 'WoW Killers' if you're just going to make another 'WoW is bad' thread. We all know you love BC. WoW isn't going to have the same sales as the previous expansions (maybe one day?). That doesn't show that MoP is BAD like you say. I thought MoP was the best expansion so far! And still loving it!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

all i know is that GW2 has been outselling MoP since its release.

Don't even start
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-02 at 12:55 AM.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    all i know is that GW2 has been outselling MoP since its release.
    Well we don't know anything apart from the initial sales.

Hey look, someone that's not playing wants to try to take a dump on the game for people who are enjoying it, this is a new concept.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011