Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since the end of Cataclysm, Thrall and Aggra have been living at the Maelstrom with the rest of the Earthen Ring, where they are working to mend the world. Thrall was also appointed as the new leader of the Earthen Ring. This stuff was all explained in Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War. He briefly left the Maelstrom during that novel to try and talk some sense into Jaina, and then returned to the Maelstrom when all was said and done.

He's coming back in Patch 5.1, where he will be involved in Vol'jin's storyline, which is based largely on an upcoming novel, titled Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Aren't you one of the guys who has been hoping for Aggra to be assassinated in every other post?
    Just because you want it to happen doesn't mean it will.

I admit, I do get pissed off seeing her call him go'el, but I can put up with it if its just her.
    Aren't you one of the guys who has been hoping for Thrall to call you up and ask you on a date in every other post?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are on their honeymoon making more babies

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I Fully agree with trassk on that one, wow needs MOAR thrall. What blizz should really do is awesome world event called "Thrall virus outbreak" it would combine Mr. T grenades with wotlk zombie invasion but now turning innocent people into thralls. Just imagine entire entire cities saying nothing but "lok'tar friend, what is it you wish ?" combined with whine posts on official forums "i can't play anymore because all auctioners turned into thrall". Im all out for Thrallocalypse.

Deleted
    Thrall and Aggra?

Bow-chicka-lok-tar!

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    I think the Alliance should kill Aggra to spark some rage in Thrall towards the alliance (at least spark SOME FURY IN HIM.... He is quite lame as an orc with the whole "NEUTRAL" stuff.
    Thrall is intentionally neutral. There is no need to make him a revenge driven hate machine. The Alliance, while they may be aggressive at times, has no reason to go after Thrall or Aggra. Certain members on both sides of things are intended to bring balance between the two opposing forces.

Thrall and Aggra are tied up in court, apparently Aggras baby had a large metal chin.

In all seriousness I would not be all that shocked if Blizzard eventually has him killed off. Yes he was a major character in Warcraft, but so was Medivh, Illidan and Arthas. This is an evolving world, eventually they have to introduce new major characters and retire old ones. I wouldn't be all that surprised if Med'an or Thralls child plays a major role in the future. Thrall could continue to play a role ala Obi-Wan's ghost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    Thrall is intentionally neutral. There is no need to make him a revenge driven hate machine. The Alliance, while they may be aggressive at times, has no reason to go after Thrall or Aggra. Certain members on both sides of things are intended to bring balance between the two opposing forces.
    Exactly this is why the alliance has Anduin and, perhaps soon, a more level headed Varian who doesn't want to just slaughter orcs but do something that spares more lives, this is why we have ones like Baine and Vol'jin wanting for peace and have only ever reluctantly done what Garrosh has said, because they honestly don't want to go to war.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I feel the same. Thrall pretty much appeared everywhere during Cata, and he just had to show off how strong he is. Sorry if I'm gonna offend Thrall fans with this, but he's just Chris Metzen's Mary Sue. I don't see why people would want to see them even more trough, didn't they appear enough during Cata? Give other characters some space already.
    I keep hearing this but it's simply not true. Thrall was nothing more than a quest giver until the Dragon Soul patch. He was no more "everywhere" in Cata than Stormcaller Mylra - a quest giver you probably don't remember who you did quests for and fought with in three separate zones - until the final patch. He was part of the Firelands introduction, but that part of the expansion was Malfurion's show and Thrall's part was really just a build up to the Dragon Soul patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    I think the Alliance should kill Aggra to spark some rage in Thrall towards the alliance (at least spark SOME FURY IN HIM.... He is quite lame as an orc with the whole "NEUTRAL" stuff.
    I'm not going to lie, I miss the Thrall adorned in battle armor with Doomhammer in hand. He's to liberal for me at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    In-game time is often wildly different from what players expectations of it can be. The six year gap between WotLK and Cata in the game lore is a prime example of an extreme, while the fact that tBC occurred over a fairly short period of time being another.

The time we have spent in Pandaria is likely several months worth of characters lifespans, with the time between Cata and MoP also likely being around a half-year at least. So in all likelyhood, Aggra has had her child or is very close to having one.

Now, there is another possibility that we have to consider; She wasn't pregnant in the ending of Cata, it was just Alexstrasza being symbolic. I mean this is the same character who felt that mutilating Bolvar was a good way to leave him off.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Thrall will be on the echo isles saving the darkspears arse for a second time and Aggra will be tending to their child. And then explode. Just like that, she's that bad a character.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    you only insult yourself by copying what every unoriginal anti-thrall poster says. Same old saying like the rest 'I saw to much of Thrall in cata, I don't give a crap about his story and so I don't want to have to listen to it, I think I know how best to dictate the lore'.

Thrall's a major character, he isn't some annoying sub character who gets more screen time then he should. I think its time you lot should back off and let those that still appreciate the lore speak.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 05:32 PM ----------

I've realized, with the Garrosh thing, with the Gul'dan thing, with the changes made to Jaina, with Thrall. Its not about the characters. You lot are just horrible, horrible judges of characters in wow's story. You cheer the terrible characters with inconsistent plots and boo the heroes and better scripted bad guys. You want the bad guys to win all the time and want the good guys to die.

Your just awful, and nothing should be taken in any context of how the lore is taken with characters here. I would sooner let my 3 year old nephew write down how the story should go before letting any of you with your bad ideas have a say.
    While this may apply to some posters, it's a complete straw-man of what many have said in this thread.

I'm not saying that I want the story to devolve into an us-versus-them. I certainly don't want all the heroes to turn into villains, or just die off. I don't want evil to win. I also very much enjoyed Thrall's story all through WCIII and multiple expansions. So none of what you're saying applies to me. And yet, Thrall is indeed a Mary Sue. He doesn't have to be a two-dimensional hate monger to break out of being a Mary Sue. On the other hand, it's equally true that Chris Metzen would never allow Thrall to have any negative qualities at all. When a character develops into some paragon of perfection, he or she becomes incredibly irritating.

"You only insult yourself" when you peg anyone who disagrees with you as being "horrible judges of character" and "your (sic) just awful". Insulting ad-hominems have no place in this discussion. People have every right to criticize a story if they feel that it is weak or getting repetitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    In-game time is often wildly different from what players expectations of it can be. The six year gap between WotLK and Cata in the game lore is a prime example of an extreme, while the fact that tBC occurred over a fairly short period of time being another.

The time we have spent in Pandaria is likely several months worth of characters lifespans, with the time between Cata and MoP also likely being around a half-year at least. So in all likelyhood, Aggra has had her child or is very close to having one.

Now, there is another possibility that we have to consider; She wasn't pregnant in the ending of Cata, it was just Alexstrasza being symbolic. I mean this is the same character who felt that mutilating Bolvar was a good way to leave him off.
    What 6 year gap was this? Didn't happen.

If Chris Metzen didnt lie, Thrall is getting ready to coming back as Warchief after we kick Garrosh ass out of Thrall's seat.

Crazy idea, probably wrong because i am going by memory..

But that datamined spoiler where garrosh is talking about the prince being dead. What if hes not talking about the alliances prince, but thralls child?

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Crazy idea, probably wrong because i am going by memory..

But that datamined spoiler where garrosh is talking about the prince being dead. What if hes not talking about the alliances prince, but thralls child?
    Even Garrosh is not as stupid...

I would feel sorry for anyone that causes Thrall's kid to die...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanosphere View Post
    Thrall and Aggra are tied up in court, apparently Aggras baby had a large metal chin.
    holy damn that would be an awesome twist! A dragon / orc hybrid baby that thrall trains to be all elementaly.
    Hi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't you one of the guys who has been hoping for Aggra to be assassinated in every other post?

I admit, I do get pissed off seeing her call him go'el, but I can put up with it if its just her.
    arent you the one guy who bashes garrosh at every chance you get, sometimes even when the thread has nothing to do with him? just because you want garrosh to be disposed of doesnt mean its going to happen

see other people can do it too...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    brings up the new question, where the hell is saurfang, no way he's still stuck in northrend
    I hope they bring him back for the final raid. His speech with Garrosh in Borean Tundra had always stuck in my mind, especially:
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes...

I hope Blizzard remember they wrote that, all those years ago.