10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Are you seriously saying it is okay to shoot a unarmed kid who's lying on the ground, bleeding, having fallen a considerable height? Then shoot the second girl in the same situation multiple times, drag her around, and then slide a gun under her chin to finish her off? That really doesn't make you pause?

Because those shots are the problem. Not the first shot when he first saw the intruder.

Apparently you think this is a movie or something, and that when you break into someones fucking house, all the rational thinking and clear scene by scene slow motion events are going to leave a person who feels VIOLATED and in FEAR for their FUCKING LIFE to act rationally

Quote Originally Posted by Horkymon View Post
    Burglary in the first degree: Involves entering a building without consent AND with intent to commit a crime, or entering a building without consent and actually committing a crime under the following circumstances: (a) the building is a dwelling and another person is present in it; b) the burglar possesses, a dangerous weapon, or an explosive; or (c) the burglar assaults a person within the building or on the building's appurtenant property. It is a felony with a max penalty of 20 years or to payment of a fine of not more than $35,000, or both.
    You're forgetting the keyword "directly". The test for self defense involves what had actually happened, not what might have happened. All that had happened is that they broke in. They weren't doing anything in particular beyond standing on top of a staircase when he shot them, though that's still arguably acceptable.

But then he went up to their face and shot them while they were helpless. That was not self defense; he had a duty to leave the basement rather than aggressively eliminate two lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Oh my all means, if he had had a lot of his "stuff" stolen that justifies the murder. I had forgotten about the overbearing value of stuff. If anything, the fact that there were previous break-ins with no harm brought to his person is a clear sign of a lack of malicious intent, thus invalidating the use of self defense.

He never saw the female until she was downstairs? Than what was he doing the entire time, sitting there idly thinking about taxes? That doesn't quite seem to follow logically.
    Can I have all your "stuff" since you don't feel it worthy of your defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    How the fuck are they going to charge this guy with second degree murder? He didn't plan for these stupid fucks to break into his house... I can understand manslaughter charges because he probably could have let the one live, but he did not plan this.

Lol at the school saying "the girl is a popular role model," she just broke into a house!!

Both of those kids deserved to die, maybe not by this guys hand, but they deserve to die. The 18 year old LAUGHED, after already being shot, when the guys gun jammed. That takes a special kind of sociopath, one that doesn't deserve to live anymore.
    Most robbers have a reason for breaking into a house like "I can't afford my rent" or some bullshit. What reasoning could these 2 high school students have?
    Yeah, breaking into someone's home automatically means they deserve to be executed, you're retarded. Oh sorry, can I say that on these forums? Let me try it a nicer way, you're opinion is very questionable and troll like.

Deleted
    Seems to me like he had a reason to kill the first guy. If someone breaks into your basement and you disable him with one shot, you have no idea if he is carrying and able to just roll over and shoot you. The execution style killing of the girl is obviously just murder, once he has her subdued and sitting up he could easily restrain and report to the police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh.... the girl was fucking laughing at the home owner when his gun jammed, is that "physically unable to use weapons/unconscious"?
    This seems more like a paranoid delusion/made up story of the man than anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHorse View Post
    They deserve to die, because they broke into someones home?

Are you completely devoid of common sense? Anything left in your skull there...?

They committed a crime and they deserve to get punished for it. But not by getting shot multiple times and then executed.

It is a tragedy for all involved, so what you do is you say you're sorry that it happened, R.I.P. to the dead and hope this man receives a fair trial.

What you don't do is post incredibly stupid and callous stuff like you did, saying two teenagers who did something stupid deserve to die.

I did a lot of stupid things in my life, I also did a lot of good things.

And I strongly stand by the second amendment. People who lack any common sense however, are the reason stuff like this happens and why the second amendment is getting so much flak.
    I'm sure you would be more than happy to live next to these 2 after they got our of jail. Or if you are an employer, I bet you would love to hire 2 people who were convicted of armed robbery. They were better off dead.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Noted... only use pointblank shotgun blast in defense of a home.
    WHY ARE PEOPLE EVEN ALLOWED TO OWN A FREAKING SHOTGUN!?!

i will quote myself: "Americans have gone bloddy insane"

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    But, he was in his basement, with probably no other escape route, apart from the stairs the burglars were coming down, who he didn't know if they were armed or not, nor how many others may or may not have been in his house?
    He shot both already, they were helpless on the ground. He didn't have to finish them off. That's where duty to retreat comes in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horkymon View Post
    Can I have all your "stuff" since you don't feel it worthy of your defense?
    Subjective reading is subjective. Perhaps you should go back to my post and attempt to read it more thoroughly before jumping into an issue in the wrong direction.

Uh.... the girl was fucking laughing at the home owner when his gun jammed, is that "physically unable to use weapons/unconscious"?
    That was in a completely different situation than the one that he put a gun under her chin and shot him. I dont think she was laughing at that point.

sorry to be crude, but man, my first thought was that these kids should have done a little more homework before choosing which house to rob.

Or maybe she was just coughing from having been shot in the chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Yeah, breaking into someone's home automatically means they deserve to be executed, you're retarded. Oh sorry, can I say that on these forums? Let me try it a nicer way, you're opinion is very questionable and troll like.

Yeah and breaking into someones fucking house means they should sit you down, to a glass of milk and cookies and talk about your feelings, and you are calling others retarded?

10+ Year Old Account
    He shot both already, they were helpless on the ground. He didn't have to finish them off. That's where duty to retreat comes in.
    Maybe they were playing possum. In dubio pro reo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Apparently you think this is a movie or something, and that when you break into someones fucking house, all the rational thinking and clear scene by scene slow motion events are going to leave a person who feels VIOLATED and in FEAR for their FUCKING LIFE to act rationally
    That is fine and all, and allows for the boy's death and the initial shooting of the girl.... but not the execution.

In other words you are condoning a brutal murder because of what you imagine might happen in the future.
    Or she could stop robbing. But nah, that doesn't fly with your "lets murder teenagers" philosophy.
    Oh stop being a drama queen. No one here is saying 'let's murder teenagers'. My opinion on this matter would be the same if it was them, their grandparents, or aliens.
    What i would have done in his situation, is shoot them dead where they stood (not dragged and then shoot), and call the cops right after(not wait).

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    WHY ARE PEOPLE EVEN ALLOWED TO OWN A FREAKING SHOTGUN!?!
    It's the most common hunting weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    i will quote myself: "Americans have gone bloddy insane"
    Cool. I'm sure this is based on a large amount of personal experience and travel rather than stereotypes and cherry picked anecdotes.

Has anyone played the race card? Can I?

If it were 2 black guys no one would care.

There, I said it!

Lol at the school saying "the girl is a popular role model," she just broke into a house!!

Both of those kids deserved to die, maybe not by this guys hand, but they deserve to die. The 18 year old LAUGHED, after already being shot, when the guys gun jammed. That takes a special kind of sociopath, one that doesn't deserve to live anymore.
    Most robbers have a reason for breaking into a house like "I can't afford my rent" or some bullshit. What reasoning could these 2 high school students have?
    Keep in mind a couple of things :

1 - When in highschool everyone does stupid stuff , some more then others .
    2 - The girl apeared a couple of minutes after he already shot the boy ... 1 posibility is that she was outside waiting for him and she didn't hear the 2 gunshots , she knew he was unarmed so if she heard the gunshots (if she was inside the home) she would have probably guess her cousin was shot and would have run out ; when she saw he wasn't comming out she went inside to look for him , when she got near the staircase he shot her from the basement , she fell down the stairs ..... are you FUCKING telling me she would have laughed in that situation (down on the ground and a man with a gun pointed at her after being shot...) .... most probably she was either choking or coughing .
    3 - I am not against shooting robbers that deserve it , but what he did to the girl was an execution ... and NO SANE person would ever do that .
    4 - Being popular or not is irrelevant .