Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    He was an asshole, it was uncalled for and he should feel bad about what he did, but it doesn't justify jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Its so fucking hilarious to me how the people who are spitting all over the freedom of speech here and condemning the guy were likely the very same people who were defending Pussy Riot's "freedom of speech" and condemning the Russian government for acting on a much greater incidence of "rudeness".
    the people who agree that it should be illegal to bother someone are mainly just idiots. they don't know what they're saying, what it will lead to and how it negatively affects everyone on earth while helping NOBODY. that's what the internet is, a place to say stupid shit with other people saying stupid shit and have it be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Yeah. I'm one of those people who support groups' rights to free speech like the WBC. As long as the speech isn't incisive of violence I see no harm in letting anyone say anything they want.
    Freedom of speech is something pussy bitches hide behind when they want to cause other people torment.

Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    Can't believe he was sent to jail over this. Unless he had been harassing the family for a long time, I don't see how he broke the law in any way. I guess freedom of speech means freedom to say what we allow you to say.
    Don't be so self-righteous. Freedom of speech has never been without limitations. Also,

Quote Originally Posted by TIME
    According to the Repository, this was only one episode in an ongoing feud between the Knights and the Baileys, who have lived next door to each other for two years. Knight told Fox 8 that Bailey’s son had been teasing Hope since last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    It's dumb-asses like this that end up making things like Freedom of speech get revoked. How hard is it to be a grown man and not act like a twat.
    Why blame the victim?

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    He was an asshole, it was uncalled for and he should feel bad about what he did, but it doesn't justify jail time.
    if the local news has picked this up and ran with it, then tried to interview him at his house, it would have been embarrassing enough. they can legally do that, say where he lives, his name, all that shit, and the community he lives in can judge him and handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Threatening to choke people with a metal chain doesn't justify jail time now?

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Don't be so self-righteous. Freedom of speech has never been without limitations. Also,
    Lol, don't be so self-righteous? Ironic.

Also, status quo and arguments from authority are not valid.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    the people who agree that it should be illegal to bother someone are mainly just idiots.
    We're trying to legalise harrassment now?

you posted that like it helped your opinion and it completely didn't. so what if they don't like each other. makes it obvious that mom (the one taping) was one-upping them and it had nothing to do with him making fun of her kid. it's like when people report someone online for nothing just to get them in trouble. it happens here all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Lol, don't be so self-righteous? Ironic.

Also, status quo and arguments from authority are not valid.
    So it is okay to advocate lynching a person for being black? Is it okay for the news to deliberately and maliciously lie about a public figure? Is it okay call in fictitious bomb threats against a crowded transportation hub? Is it okay to stand next to a soldier's funeral and demean the fallen right besides the grieving family (as opposed to 150 yards away)?

And what argument from authority?

We're trying to legalise harrassment now?
    actual harassment requires a PFA before any legal action can be taken. that's what the PFA is for. you know why? being annoying isn't criminal, but breaking a court order IS. so they make the PFA (which anyone can get for anyone else for nothing at the courthouse) to bridge that gap, since it's NOT ILLEGAL TO BE A DICK

you posted that like it helped your opinion and it completely didn't.
    No, I posted it because the person I responded to say "Unless he had been harassing the family for a long time". And my post showed that in fact he has. Don't complain by taking my post out of its context.

10+ Year Old Account
    He deserved a good beat down. Jail time is too good for him.

So it is okay to advocate lynching a person for being black? Is it okay for the news to deliberately and maliciously lie about a public figure? Is it okay call in fictitious bomb threats against a crowded transportation hub? Is it okay to stand next to a soldier's funeral and demean the fallen right besides the grieving family (as opposed to 150 yards away)?

your bickering is offensive. i'm offended. i can't eat or sleep since you bickered. your malicious intent is obvious. go to jail and don't pass go.

see how that works? EVERYONE, you, me, your mom, fuck even my dog, are offensive to someone. allowing offended people to make criminals out of the offender means EVERYONE will be locked up. 100% of earth offends someone in some way. you can't do anything about it except get over it.

your bickering is offensive. i'm offended. i can't eat or sleep since you bickered. your malicious intent is obvious. go to jail and don't pass go.
    Shameless strawmaning. There's a huge gap between "not all speech is absolutely allowed" (i.e. what I was saying), and "if someone is offended than you must go to jail" (i.e. your nonsense).

see how that works?
    Yes, a strawman is a fairly simple concept.

Never said any of that (straw argument), although lying about a public figure is kosher in my opinion. You need to read up on the difference between indicating you will use force and insulting someone. Your argument for status quo was not valid. Implicit in that is that the status quo is right because authority is right. In point, just because there have been exceptions made, does not make it the rule (or shouldn't). There is no freedom of speech or there is, you can't call censorship freedom of speech.

No, I posted it because the person I responded to say "Unless he had been harassing the family for a long time". And my post showed that in fact he has. Don't complain by taking my post out of its context.
    you're not understanding the legal definition of harass. it doesn't mean 'to bother'. it doesn't mean 'to make fun of how someone walks'. the key word is systematic. it's why it's so easy to get a PFA because proving enough to take someone to court for harassment is hard to do. with a PFA against you, ANY contact means you broke the law and can be charged on that. you aren't arrested for the harassment, you're arrested for the violation of a court order. harassment isn't criminal and the rare cases where they can skip a PFA and bring someone up on charges, it has to do with money or high profile racial cases.

it's not illegal to annoy someone, even now after this.

forget jail, i'd cripple him and his kid if he did that to my kid, it would be well worth the trip of myself going to jail for a month

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Never said any of that
    Oh, but you implied it. I said freedom of speech is not unrestricted and you derided me - clearly you must take the opposite opinion then. But now you agree it is, in fact, not unrestricted?