View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
    Day before the shooting, GOP passes law allowing guns in school (in michigan):
    http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...michigans.html

So ... was this thread about having stricter gun control or less of gun control?
    Because it seems that GOP is taking the opportunity for less gun control:
    http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...ns-in-schools/

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    And how many lives were saved by the "waiting period" required by some states when buying a firearm?
    Im not going to deny the "heat of the moment, passion killings" are stopped by the waiting periods, 3-7 day for some states, but, and this is a major but... people that want to kill people, are going to sit and wait those periods and fulfill their mass killing ideas they got in their heads. Waiting periods will do nothing to stem the mass killings, because these people are fucked in the head.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone bringing up deaths/ban by cars, burgers whatever as an argument should just stop posting. You are allowed to but you are wasting your own and other peoples time with stupidity.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    there is no good reason why any normal human outside from police and army should have automatic or semi automatic weapons
    You are welcome to the dozen or so that are in my safe, come take them, assuming you can get the safe open.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazi View Post
    All a ban would do is make it impossible for a law bidding citizen to own a gun for protection from a criminal. A criminal, by definition, would disregard the law and obtain a gun anways.
    it is NOT your job to protect yourself from crime. It is the police job to do that.
    The amount of guns in the country makes that job almost impossible.
    It's the 21st century and even the USA law doesn't base on self justice.
    We are living in times of modern civilizations. It's about time that the minority of people in this country that follows the powerful NRA and Weapon Lobby comes to senses. But I am hopeful that there will be changes coming soon.
    I believe the times are ripe now for the politicians to abandon the NRA..... Signs for that to happen are getting a lot clearer and more frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Crime of passions tend to happen in that moment. If you don't have a gun in that moment you can't shoot someone and kill them.
    Nope you stab them or shove them down some stairs maybe through a window

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    No, it isn't. The only way you could do it is with a Constitutional amendment which is never, ever, at all, absolutely not going to happen. Also, anyone who advocated limiting fun freedom in any other way is actively advocating betrayal of the foundation of the country itself, the Constitution.
    Fun freedom? Children died. Few people here are advocating banning guns, just store them correctly. We have had people here state that they sleep with a gun under their pillow, that cavalier attitude and lack of respect for the weapon is the number 1 problem. Get a good gun safe, store them correctly and those 600,000 firearms that are stolen each year will not be used by criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Pretty sure our freedom is pretty heavily limited in the department of arms already. The Constitution is pretty outdated on the matter. There is a point of destructive power in weapons that you don't want civilians to ever have because of the potential ability to kill so many innocent people. Like, you don't give them armed bomber planes, etc. There is a point where weapon trickle-down from military development reaches a hard cap, and for good reason. This also means that the military is going to be able to shit on civilians really hard if it really wanted to, and that's much preferable to the alternative of psychopaths being able to blow up cities.
    It's nice that you feel that way, but I'd rather be free and be able to make decisions that make me safe instead of not free and safe regardless of my decisions.
    If you really don't want to live somewhere with guns, I recommend that you move to another country. There's plenty of countries that restrict gun ownership.

Americans will never realize their flaws in terms of gun availability and public healthcare. Not until they move to Europe. Claiming that it's not the gun availability that is the main reason behind all the gun related deaths is just plain ignorance.

I doubt you'll even try to answer whether you would feel safer with nearly no guns in circulation and not owning one yourself, in contrary to everyone and their mother walking around with a gun and you carrying one to protect yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    you are a crime expert?
    Because those who are experts say that if there were guns present the death toll would have been even higher.
    Expert? No, but I would think I have a little more knowledge than the average folk due to my profession. But disregard that, instead I'll respond with:

Maybe, this is purely hypothetical, the nut job wouldn't have chosen to shoot up a movie theater if he KNEW a lot of people were carrying weapons. Instead he might have chosen a Bell Tower with a hunting rifle, where he knew he would be safer. Once again, that's a pure hypothetical.

And just like your non-linked experts, I'm no magician or seer, so I can't tell you what "COULD" have happened.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

15+ Year Old Account
    it is NOT your job to protect yourself from crime. It is the police job to do that.
    We are living in times of modern civilizations. It's about time that the minority of people in this country that follows the powerful NRA and Weapon Lobby comes to senses. But I am hopeful that there will be changes coming soon.
    I believe the times are ripe now for the politicians to abandon the NRA..... Signs for that to happen are getting a lot clearer and more frequent.
    holy shit are you serious do you understand the average response time of a 911 call "yes hello 911 someone broke into my house with a gun hes gonna shoot me bring plenty of chalk for when you get here 20 minutes too late"

The police are there to ENFORCE THE LAW, not to protect you... that is the problem with your thinking. Police are not here to protect us, that is the job of the individual citizen to protect themselves. We all know the saying... when seconds matter, police are only minutes away......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Also the main purpose of a car is to get around, what is the main purpose of a gun?
    To shoot around...

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Pretty sure alot of family members and relatives disagree with you as any other sane person.
    And exactly what would the family members being disagreeing with me about? Try reading what I said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    The police are there to ENFORCE THE LAW, not to protect you... that is the problem with your thinking. Police are not here to protect us, that is the job of the individual citizen to protect themselves. We all know the saying... when seconds matter, police are only minutes away......
    No.. The police is there to protect you BY enforcing the law.

Why does every country on the face of the earth have to be the exact same place?
    A lot of Europeans in this thread are incredibly intolerant of differences between countries. I like the way this country is. If I didn't, I would move somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Fun freedom? Children died. Few people here are advocating banning guns, just store them correctly. We have had people here state that they sleep with a gun under their pillow, that cavalier attitude and lack of respect for the weapon is the number 1 problem. Get a good gun safe, store them correctly and those 600,000 firearms that are stolen each year will not be used by criminals.
    I have my guns in a safe, i also have a pistol on my nightstand... i dont live with kids, so i do not need to worry about that, when i leave the house i lock my shit up, when im home, its out and ready to use... that is how most people are.

Deleted
    i just think most americans are an ignorant bunch & will never come to terms with their failings & massacres like this will unfortunatly always take place there

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Anakso; 2012-12-15 at 04:07 PM.

criminals always find a way to get guns.. why bother stealing when its easier to have your friend or family member without a record buy it for you? or buy it under the table from a legal seller.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...ocon/guns.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    holy shit are you serious do you understand the average response time of a 911 call "yes hello 911 someone broke into my house with a gun hes gonna shoot me bring plenty of chalk for when you get here 20 minutes too late"
    Does that happen often where you live? Do people often break into your home armed with a firearm intending to murder you? If so, I suggest you move somewhere safer.