Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The intelligence of the WoW player is a MWs worst enemy.

I feel that the MW's mastery is very powerful. The issue is that people are too dumb to actually utilize it. I can't tell you how many times people ask me to heal them after a fight while a healing sphere is spinning right next to them. It also bugs me when my party leaves a battle and there's healing spheres all over the place.

I don't know what the solution is really. I think the mastery is actually very cool and fitting for the spec. But it's just amazing how ignorant people are to our abilities.

Deleted
    I don't think its only the MW, I remember Priests begging people to click their Light Well and making macros for it. I suppose it all comes down to awareness of other classes and what they actually can do and then their surroundings to actually look around and see if there's something they can do to heal themselves. Half the time I run into players that never use Healthstones, even if they have 3 on them.

In a previous guild I was in, on a good night 10/25 people were using them Healthstones.

Perhaps a mechanic of the sphere being pulled to an injured player if get gets semi close to it, within X yards?

Yea i dont expect people to run to the healing spheres in an unorganized or lfr group. Good thing about LFR is that theres 25 people running around like nutjobs so most of them get consumed. The more organized your raid group is, the more people will learn to use them. History repeats itself (lightwell)

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needs to make healing sphere awareness day or a daily that makes players walk over healing spheres (imo).

The healing sphere is a pretty bad mechanic in my opinion. In theory its cool but its very clunky in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhoe View Post
    Perhaps a mechanic of the sphere being pulled to an injured player if get gets semi close to it, within X yards?
    This sounds like a vaild solution, i agree with the OP, i am doing some raiding with my monk when we lack a healer (usually warrior) i see the hole boss platform(s) filled with small bubbels all around, i think it is a shame that i have to rely on others for my mastery to have any effect at all, and yes i have told them, MANY times.... but just like the life well, its pointless, atleast thats what it feels like.

It's the new Lightwell, introduced right at the moment Blizzard change the old one to click the player automatically (glyph).

Personally I'm very aware of healing orbs, but I guess I'm biased since I need to be on the lookout for orbs a third of the size of a MW's orbs, so the MW orbs stick out like a sore thumb to me.

I also do my part in reminding people on vent to run into the orbs to get healed.

Deleted
    I confess I mostly never use Healthstones, click Lightwells or move into a Healing Sphere but I have my reason for it.

As a tank and former raidleader I have a habbit of being aware of all my sorroundings and react swiftly, so I don't have time to click a Lightwell.
    Healthstones are something that I just forget don't know myself why.
    The Spheres are just...nah positioning is most times extremely important, so I can't just turn the boss into the group to catch a lousy Healing Sphere.
    But since I tank also with my monk I learned to "dance" a little bit left and right to catch spheres.

Deleted
    Honestly, it took weeks before I even realized there are orbs lying around that heal me. It's just one of those things you have to learn at some point, it's not intuitive enough.

Its more to do with situational awareness than "intelligence" dont assume people are dumb simply for focusing on other things...
    Granted, most people are lazy asses, if they can have a healer that doesnt require them to break their mega-damage combos they will prefer it over one that does require them to move and possibly break it.

As said here, the idea is cute, but it forgets people arent.

Quote Originally Posted by Triemer View Post
    I confess I mostly never use Healthstones, click Lightwells or move into a Healing Sphere but I have my reason for it.

As a tank and former raidleader I have a habbit of being aware of all my sorroundings and react swiftly, so I don't have time to click a Lightwell.
    Healthstones are something that I just forget don't know myself why.
    The Spheres are just...nah positioning is most times extremely important, so I can't just turn the boss into the group to catch a lousy Healing Sphere.
    But since I tank also with my monk I learned to "dance" a little bit left and right to catch spheres.
    Lol. A tank who doesn't use healthstones. Get used to using them mate, three times 20% HP is not something you should forget about.

I think those healing spheres are just a bad mechanic. Like you don't have enough to look out for during boss fights. I got plenty of cooldowns I can use to not die and moving around to pick up spheres is just a waste of DPS which will make the fight take longer than needed and thus you need more healing.

I remember people saying in 5 man heroics to pick up the spheres. I'm sorry but that is not how it works. I'm not going to run around picking them up. When there is one close to me and I need a heal then sure but you shouldn't expect people to pick them up.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-12-20 at 09:17 AM.

for me i'm just not used to walking over them, but i try to whenever I can. problem is, im a tank, and usually I can't really move a lot without risking screwups in raids, so it becomes awfully annoying seeing your heal lying 10-15 yds away when it can cause more problems than it can solve

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Its more to do with situational awareness than "intelligence" dont assume people are dumb simply for focusing on other things...
    Granted, most people are lazy asses, if they can have a healer that doesnt require them to break their mega-damage combos they will prefer it over one that does require them to move and possibly break it.

As said here, the idea is cute, but it forgets people arent.
    I don't know how hardcore raiders do it, but as someone who only raids LFR, most of the time I just trust the healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I feel that the MW's mastery is very powerful. The issue is that people are too dumb to actually utilize it. I can't tell you how many times people ask me to heal them after a fight while a healing sphere is spinning right next to them. It also bugs me when my party leaves a battle and there's healing spheres all over the place.

I don't know what the solution is really. I think the mastery is actually very cool and fitting for the spec. But it's just amazing how ignorant people are to our abilities.
    Let me ask you this, are you well versed on every ability of every class, even classes you've never played? If yes, then its your duty and responsibility to teach all the uninformed. Meaning, you dont act like they are idiots, you teach them. If you say you dont know every ability of every class, then one could accuse you of being just as dumb as folks that dont know about your abilities. True?

Just a thought.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the Healing Spheres. I play either as Elemental Shaman or Brewmaster Monk. As Elem, I usually can't take them without hurting my dps. Sure, that isn't a big problem in LFR, but when you have enrage timers/adds to kill in normal/heroic (depending on your group), it just isn't worth it. As a tank, I usually can't take them without hurting everyone in the raid. They sound nice on paper, but it's just too clunky to use them.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think those healing spheres are just a bad mechanic. Like you don't have enough to look out for during boss fights. I got plenty of cooldowns I can use to not die and moving around to pick up spheres is just a waste of DPS which will make the fight take longer than needed and thus you need more healing.

the first part may be true, however i dont know many raids where you can stand still, its not that hard on your repostion to just walk over a sphere moving out of a fire. you dont do that much dps dead. as a healer i can say its more anoying to heal someone who wont move out of stuff because"it hurts thier dps" than it is to have the fight last slightly longer than it normally would, we have spirit, mana regen talents,etc. it sucks haveing your mastery go to waste is all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Let me ask you this, are you well versed on every ability of every class, even classes you've never played? If yes, then its your duty and responsibility to teach all the uninformed. Meaning, you dont act like they are idiots, you teach them. If you say you dont know every ability of every class, then one could accuse you of being just as dumb as folks that dont know about your abilities. True?

Just a thought.
    Did you even read the OP?
    This is Lightwell 2.0, not some topic about general rotations.
    If you've seen a mistweaver, you've probably seen most they can do. Heal and toss spheres, sometimes you've might run on one, and it disappeared, but you got healed.

And if someone still has trouble figuring out what those shiny things on the ground are, let them do Sha of Fear.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think every player should be forced to level and play a mistweaver, holy priest and warlock! seriously, i almost always forgot about my healthstones. now that i main a lock, im using 2 per fight usually. im sure that if people had played a mistweaver, they would be very used to running into healing spheres

Like, I keep getting them, but the enemies never turn dark blue so I can eat them.

Am I doing it wrong?