Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Nature is AWESOME!

I thought I'd share this video with you of the awesome power of nature, that power that just doesn't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoA_Z7y8f6Q

Got any similar videos of natures raw power or perhaps beauty?

10+ Year Old Account
    That. Was. Awesome. O.O

Deleted
    Having been to the North Pole, I can say feeling the rumble in your feet and the noise surrounding you is one of the most surreal experiences I can recall. Another good one is being on the edge of an active and volatile volcano, they're both quite frightening but the ice caps have a more serene quality about them whereas volcanic activity feels harsher.

10+ Year Old Account

Well holy hell... Mother Nature, you're scary... =P

Deleted
    All that force!

talking about icebergs,

this might be one of the most exciting sensations you can ever have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    That was pretty cool actually, I'd love to see more of it. More than half of the video is just advertising though..
    Is it? I had my laptop on mute so I didn't notice; oh well. I've been out in Siberia in every season, including the winter, and it is definitely..... interesting. Even went backpacking in one of the (relatively) warmer areas while the snow was down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WDWXIcpk-U

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    You would get same results in around -20 to -30 °C.
    As a matter of fact, boiling water thrown like this freezes FASTER then cold water. (http://www.edu-observatory.org/physi...hot_water.html)
    This is such a obvious show of non-proffesional news that it hurts to watch. Something like our local news station proving -20 °C we had last year was really cold by putting pot of water outside, and showing it is frozen 2 hours later (like really? water freezes in -20 °C? You got to be kidding me...).

OP's video is really damn awesome. Shame most people will not be able to put it in perspective size-wise :-(
    Last edited by mmoc16a8f9d66b; 2012-12-23 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenx View Post
    You would get same results in around -20 to -30 C.
    As a matter of fact, boiling water thrown like this freezes FASTER then cold water. (http://www.edu-observatory.org/physi...hot_water.html)
    This is such a obvious show of non-proffesional news that it hurts to watch. Something like our local news station proving -20 C we had last year was really cold by putting pot of water outside, and showing it is frozen 2 hours later (like really? water freezes in -20 C? You got to be kidding me...).
    I'm aware; and I'm also aware that boiling water freezes faster than cold water, while the reverse for boiling water is not true and is in fact a common household myth. I think the point that was most interesting was that it was frozen as soon as the boiling water was fully exposed to the air, not that it froze at all.

It was indeed awesome, but am I the only one that wanted to see some behemoth monster rise up out of that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    It was indeed awesome, but am I the only one that wanted to see some behemoth monster rise up out of that?
    Totally awesome vid!

Gotta love youtube comments... 2:50-2:58 is a kitten face on the right side of the iceberg.
    (and a spaceship at 2:05 too LOL)
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Deleted
    There's this video, pretty awesome. What an experience!

And this!

So you've seen the power of nature, now for some beauty.

These videos really are amazing and I actually felt quite moved by it at stages lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I thought we killed Deathwing. o_O
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

We are all a part of nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn the OP is amazing probably the coolest natural occurrence I've ever seen.

Deleted

Deleted
    The aurora borealis is actually kinda scary when you know what's really going on and why

Lots of kudo's for this thread! Great idea OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I thought I'd share this video with you of the awesome power of nature, that power that just doesn't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoA_Z7y8f6Q

Got any similar videos of natures raw power or perhaps beauty?
    Shoemaker-Levy 9 caused an explosion on Jupiter the size of Earth.

Destructive power win.