Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

How would you react if a BLOOD ELF - Lor'themar Theron - became Warchief after MoP?

Pretty much what the title says. I'm trying very hard not to say anything that could somehow be a spoiler, but should Lor'themar become Warchief post-MoP, how would you react? (There are certain things hinting towards this.) Would you sneer and claim that the Horde should be led by an Orc? Or would you welcome a devilishly handsome elven warchief causing the female legions of the Horde to swoon? Are you sick of the generic Horde race - the orcs - leading the Horde? Or would you like another racial leader to take over the reigns of the Horde in the aftermath of Garrosh's fall? Maybe not Lor'themar, but Vol'jin or Baine? What about Sylvanas?

One things for certain. Lor'themar-grimmar needs a catwalk and maybe some actual houses.

Deleted
    The last Warchief had a build up over 2 expansions. And 5.1 is like the first appearance of Lor'Themar after his short story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    FURIOUS.

VOL'JIN needs ta' be war chief MON'

(Even though I like Tauren's best)

I don't think so. I think Somehow Garrosh will live, retain his seat as leader of the Orcs, but Thrall will step back in and start a council to oversee the Horde as it is too much power for one person to hold.

And then how would you feel if he was the first leader in WoW to be assassinated?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    And then how would you feel if he was the first leader in WoW to be assassinated?!
    Hahah, nice turn around there iamthedevil

Deleted
    the tauren guy was 1st

Deleted
    It might put Lor'Themar in the position of having to get a much needed personality injection.

Vol'Jin? Don't get it. He's a nice enough character to take up the hammer after Thrall, but I guess I'm just too conservative to accept anything other than an Orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Practically speaking he would be okay, although he has shown in the past that he can sometimes go a little OTT for the sake of his people (Exile of High Elves and silencing of those who didn't support the Horde). As a whole though I imagine he would do fine.

However I do not think he would fit into the story. Warcraft has and will always be Orcs vs Humans with other races on the side. For the leader of one of these factions to not be one of their respective races would probably upset the structure of the story. It would probably just not feel right as there is still a massive cultural wall between the Kalimdor Horde and the Blood Elves that it would just feel odd from the get go especially considering the title of Warchief has always been associated with a certain tribal aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am honestly kind of indifferent to who the next warchief is. Vol'Jin, Baine, and Lor'themar would all be fine choices in my opinion. I wouldn't even care if it was a lesser known character (not current faction leader) like the other ideas that are often thrown around.

The only thing I care about is that it ends up being a leader with a level head instead of what Garrosh has always been, and he's just continued to get worse as time went on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I don't think so. I think Somehow Garrosh will live, retain his seat as leader of the Orcs, but Thrall will step back in and start a council to oversee the Horde as it is too much power for one person to hold.
    His death in the last raid of this expansion will be merely a setback?

Chances are we will see a new Warchief. I would actually like Thrall back but something tells me it'll be Vol'jin. I also can't see any kind of non-monarch style leadership being put in place; there must always be a Lich King... I mean Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I love Lor'Themar and I think he should crowned King of Quel'Thalas. But I feel only an Orc should be Warchief of the Horde.

I'd like to see Saurfang take up the mantle of warchief. He's an orc, he's a badass, and he approaches things in a less foolhardy manor. He's got my vote =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde is a bunch of LOL races anyway, so why not. Their struggles with who is going to be leader is like the struggles of the kids in sandlot trying to get the babe ruth baseball back.

Having said this, my vote would go with the troll leader guy.

Deleted
    Never going to happen imo, Blizzard has always stated the core of warcraft is Orcs versus Humans, so for that reason I think we will never have a non orc war chief, a as well as never a non human King.

Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    I'd like to see Saurfang take up the mantle of warchief. He's an orc, he's a badass, and he approaches things in a less foolhardy manor. He's got my vote =D

Agree, that old orc won't back down form a fight but will not start a needless war either.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Hmm, interesting, though I'd be very surprised if it happened. I want him to relent and become king of Quel'thalas. :P

I really like Lor'themar, but he doesn't belong as Warchief. Blizzard has done a marvelous job characterizing him for those bothering to do the Dominance questline, but frankly, he belong with his people as a leader, not leader of the whole horde. Even if he was the right man for the job, he could not effectively govern the Blood Elves exclusively while also being Warchief of the full horde.

Vol'jin would be the best bet for a non-orc Warchief in my opinion, but if it must stay with the orcs, then please let it pass to Saurfang, one of the most seasoned and wise veterens the Horde has, or, failing that, perhaps Rexxar. Rexxar did say that he would always be there if the Horde ever truly needed him again.

Deleted
    Honestly, I'd actually prefer a council in Orgrimmar with an honoured champion from each race to lead the Horde. Seperate from the official racial leaders, but a sort of core link between the races of the Horde. Some of these people could be options -

-Thrall for the Orcs (He'd be involved in the Horde, and wouldn't be back on the throne so somebody new could take over. Everybody's happy!)

-Vol'jin pretty much lives in Orgrimmar, so he could spearhead the council along with Thrall as both leader of the Trolls and member of the council

-Sunwalker Dezco for the Tauren (The Sunwalker in Krasarang/Shrine of Two Moons)

-Koltira Deathweaver for the forsaken (Yes, he's the Horde Death Knight leader from the ebon blade). However, he was supposedly "tampered with" by Sylvanas after the events of Andorhal for having a friendship with his Alliance counterpart, Thassarian. Perhaps he could be a puppet of Sylvanas, now?

-Grand Magister Rommath for the Blood Elves

-Sassy Hardwrench for the Goblins (Your Executive Assistant in the Goblin starting zone)

-Ji Firepaw for the pandaren (Who seems to be the only actual true-horde pandaren NPC in the game)

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Never going to happen imo, Blizzard has always stated the core of warcraft is Orcs versus Humans, so for that reason I think we will never have a non orc war chief, a as well as never a non human King.
    The analogy doesn't really work on the Alliance side. The Alliance don't really have an exclusive leader like the Horde does, that's what makes them an Alliance. Varian seems to be a de-facto leader, but only because he's the most aggressive, and therefor has the most stage time.