Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    no, it's not. elitism is about favoring the elite. my issue is with that. all players should have the same chances of getting al'ar. or invincible, or mimir's head. I am not favoring a group. I'm merelly not-favoring the rich. why should someone have higher chances just because he has a lot of gold?

I have tried everything to earn gold. all guides, all farming spots, all AH addons, selling profession stuff, all I can do. I just refuse to reroll professions for RP reasons. everytime I try to earn money I end up losing money instead, because my realm's economy is bad and sad. is it my fault? can you say someone who's goldcapped because he's realm's economy is better than mine deserves al'ar more than me, who has been farming it for years and never got it?

again, I don't mind it when stuff that you can't get by effort pops on the BMAH, but rare drop mounts popping there is a pretty big poke in the eye of people who have been farming it for far too long and don't have the money.
    How ignorant, all players DO have the exact same chance, You have just the same chance to get gold as he did, as i do, it's called EARNING gold, so you can EARN more chances at getting something

Noone is forcing you to play on a realm with a bad economy, if that's the real reason here, with cross realm, and how fast you can level, and accountwide achiev/mounts you can start on a new server perfectly fine if you don't to spend real money on a transfer and still play with any of your friends

So yes, someone who puts the effort into getting alot of currency in game, does deserve it more IMO =)

no, it's not. elitism is about favoring the elite. my issue is with that. all players should have the same chances of getting al'ar. or invincible, or mimir's head. I am not favoring a group. I'm merelly not-favoring the rich. why should someone have higher chances just because he has a lot of gold?

I have tried everything to earn gold. all guides, all farming spots, all AH addons, selling profession stuff, all I can do. I just refuse to reroll professions for RP reasons. everytime I try to earn money I end up losing money instead, because my realm's economy is bad and sad. is it my fault? can you say someone who's goldcapped because he's realm's economy is better than mine deserves al'ar more than me, who has been farming it for years and never got it?

again, I don't mind it when stuff that you can't get by effort pops on the BMAH, but rare drop mounts popping there is a pretty big poke in the eye of people who have been farming it for far too long and don't have the money.

You gotta spend money to earn money.

I was in your position in wrath, I invested all I had (2k gold) into herbs, made glyphs, camped AH with auctionator, undercut people all day. 2 days later I had 8k.

I then leveled JC and enchanting on my alt, continued to make money with glyphs, 1 month later I had 10k. I then got alchemy on another alt. I went out mining/herbing on another alt, gathering lots of ore/herbs which I milled/prospected. I made enchant scrolls, gems, flasks, potions and moar glyphs. I did this for 1 year. I left my raiding guild, I quit PvP.

I sat on AH 15 hours a day farming and playing the AH making my way from 2k gold to 3.8 million gold today. If you are lazy and won't change your professions for "RP reasons", you will get nowhere.

Its like saying im fat but dont wanna go to the gym.

Everyone can earn gold - stop whining you just look jealous.

OP, My personal feeling is that you shouldn't get a refund because you're incapable of controlling your hands. It isn't up to me though so goodluck

Deleted
    guess what, i got ashe's for free bro. umad? JKJK, but seriously if your going to be bidding on BMAH its your fault if you miss-bid lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peroxidex View Post
    I've played since Vanilla, made millions of gold and never once bid on the wrong item by accident.

I've bid on the wrong item before, but it was due to my own stupidity or lack of attention, not by accident.
    sense .... there is none ... lol

anyway, im affraid you're screwed unless you get out bid
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

I saw person who bid 960000 gold in invitation(There was Invincible in BMAH)

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Its like saying im fat but dont wanna go to the gym.
    you don't have to go to the gym to slim down. you can exercise at home, you can go on a diet, or start jogging. I don't go to the gym, yet I don't let myself get fat.

all professions are professions, and they should be able to give me money for my effort. if mine don't, than it's a design flaw. my enchanting mats don't sell anymore, my enchants don't sell either, my tailoring gear don't sell, and I haven't tried the new bags yet because I actually need them (overflowing bank issues).

well, that's my opinion: throwing gold at it should not be how you obtain rare boss drops. feel free to disagree if you want to.

I just found it funny to be called elitist for disagreeing with an advantage of the elite. I guess "elitist" is the new "disagreeing with me" lol
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-01-11 at 10:44 AM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

you don't have to go to the gym to slim down. you can exercise at home, you can go on a diet, or start jogging. I don't go to the gym, yet I don't let myself get fat.

all professions are professions, and they should be able to give me money for my effort. if mine don't, than it's a design flaw. my enchanting mats don't sell anymore, my enchants don't sell either, my tailoring gear don't sell, and I haven't tried the new bags yet because I actually need them (overflowing bank issues).

well, that's my opinion: throwing gold at it should not be how you obtain rare boss drops. feel free to disagree if you want to.

I just found it funny to be called elitist for disagreeing with an advantage of the elite. I guess "elitist" is the new "disagreeing with me" lol
    same as a blue fanboy if you disagree with the op who claims blizzard did someting wrong. there just internet trolls. to bad you get a intrection if you make fun of a troll...

I will direct you to this thread started by me a few weeks ago or so....

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Drink-and-WoW

10+ Year Old Account

because just like everyone has the same chance to get the ashes from raiding, they have the same chance to acquire the gold and buy it... it really is the same difference... some folks are more motivated to acquire the gold.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    The mount is dated as fuck and over the top anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    On Kilrogg a couple of weeks ago Invincible's Reins appeared and I saw a bid on a Brawler's Guild Invite for 999k. I laughed.
    Oh boy...

tenchars

They wont do anything im afraid,

Ive seen multiple people have the same problem with no refunds,

but I have good news

Your going to get into the guild

Deleted

And all players DO have the same chance. Anyone who has level 90 character can solo this boss with EASE. It was soloable even in Cataclysm by some classes. BMAH is just alternative way to bypass RNG but trust me making several hundred thousand gold isn't a joke. To be honest this 218k gold propably took more effort to make (farming, prospecting, playing AH etc.) than it takes to solo run TK a hundred times. And RNG is RNG, if the drop rate is 2%, you have 98% chance of not seeing the mount on each your run, no matter whether it's first or two hundreth.

It dropped for me from kaelthas in November, i was happy that i saved a LOT of gold, cos otherwise i'd bid huge amount if it ever showed up on Silvermoon. Propably gold cap would be necessary as this is huge server.

If anything the REMOVED items shouldn't be there. Let legacy stuff stay legacy. And those stupid pets are just flat out scams to rob players out of gold. What they were thinking to put a 60s vendor item with 10k start bid? :O

Deleted
    to be honest, you should not get your money back xD

I am laughing, thank you for that xD

Deleted
    Technically your bid is preventing someone else from winning the item. Hopefully Blizzard has a policy about not restoring bids etc. If it's a UI bug, it should be fixed. If its an addon issue, it's the player's own fault, and has nothing to do with GMs.

Another person that couldn't comprehend the BMAH UI.

You deserve to lose your money.

GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if I would be in the same boat as you, but I sent 100k to someone I don't even know on my server instead of my alt. I put a ticket in and within the 5 hours I was out they had taken the gold back from the other player and it was sitting comfortably in my mailbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've learned from my small experience with high gold items . Never Touch The BMAH!
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, if you are going to spend so much money on an item, isn't it common sense to actually check you are bidding on the right item?