Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    I liked being on the ground in Northrend until 77, it was a great levelling experience.

Not so much in MoP, where the really badly written, infantile quests with no nuance or depth really annoyed me. Fighting bunnies? Scatological jokes all over the place with Hozen? really really bad zone stories and cliched chinese stereotypes.....no thanks, just make it end.
    "fighting frogs? scatological quests like lupus pupus and doing your duty. realy realy bad zone stories and cliched viking and inuit stereotypes." that's your WotLK.

anything can sound silly if you word it to sound silly. "bad" is subjective.

by the way, I love WotLK, and it is my favorite expansion. but that's merely because I like the theming of undeath. MoP isn't inferior to WotLK in any form or shape, except for the lack of "tome of cold weather flight" and my own subjective bias towards the undead.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

It's not bad... Leveled 5 characters to 90 so far. 4 of them on a a pvp server in the Bloodlust battle group, lol

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    no, i like it this way, for all i care they could just remove the flying mounts completely
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    BoA book would solve the issue. it's a shame blizz listened to the "we hatez flying" mini-crowd in cata.
    This is the way to go like it was in early WotLK

Deleted
    Well some ppl might forget that what wasnt so bad back then, can be bad now. Firstly people who played in vanilla and tbc propably arent teens anymore and dont got time to play whole fuckin day. Secondly as the game becomes old you will obviously lose atleast some interest to it, and if game is still time consuming as it was before it's obviously bad thing. I think what they achieved with these dailies and other inconvenience that especially old players have stopped to play. You cant fuckin play wow all day if you're responsible adult, or you can if youre a millionaire, but that's marginal case anyway. People who still can play wow full time (like doing dailys and all that shit) as adults gives me impression of them still living with parents or living on welfare. I know some will say that im lieing, but I'd say what I wrote describes the situation pretty accurately for most cases.
    Last edited by mmoc8eb592856e; 2013-01-18 at 08:23 PM.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

IT'S A VIDEO GAME. You don't have a right to do anything other than stop playing it.
    It's a video game. At what point does "ground" mount vs "flying" mount some how make you some kind of a bad ass?

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Why not ask for freebies? Because I didn't ask for a freebie. I'm not a whiner complaining that daily quests are too hard to do, that lfr doesn't give me enough loot, that I should get better gear for less work. I don't ask for freebies, I ask for access to content which is already in the game, in this case flying mounts.

It has nothing to do with the cost being 12 000. It could be 1g or it could be 100 000g. The fact remains that flying is not a freebie. Blizzard's original motive for disallowing flying mounts was because they wanted us to "experience" pandaria. Done. I've experienced it enough. Now that I'm tired of "experiencing it", I want access my flying mount to level my alts faster, like I'm doing across the BC, WOTLK and Cata leveling field. There's nothing left for me to "experience" in pandaria. I'm not asking for them to reduce leveling XP or give me free level 90s, I'm asking for access for something I've already worked for to be used on my alts.

Continuing to tell me that I'm asking for freebies will just continue to make you look like a total idiot, whether you're posting on your main or your alt, which you use to support your main, which is also idiotic, because you sound exactly the same.
    sigh, came back out of curiosity

once again proving yourself being a child with the insults gj

i noticed you ONLY quoted 1 part of what i said, guess the rest was right kk, BC flying was only at 70 back in the day, WOTLK introduced the lowered flying requirement after a toon hit cap, cata allowed flying for the old world, they just didn't want to add a 2nd flying requirement for the new zones. Stop acting like a spoiled child just cause you can fly BC->Cata now and they stop you in MoP.

No, them saying for you to experience the content is smart people talk for MAKING YOU TAKE TIME = KEEP SUB'ED LONGER = MORE MONEY, sorry you failed to notice this.

I never said anything about freebies, I merely said what you failed to read of his comment WHICH WAS WHY DON'T YOU ASK FOR FREEBIES SINCE YOU ASKED FOR FLYING which does not imply flying is a freebie, just that you're wanting things to be faster/easier.

Your lack of reading skills causes you to be the total idiot as you constantly fail at it, adding the fact you think I am the same person as DeadManWalking (o noes 2 people share identical views! MUST BE THE SAME ONE)

PS- I am cool with a flying tome at like 83-84 (after jacking the price up a lot) if you have done it already, but I already level fast as is so I don't really care if they put it in.
    Last edited by Captnrex; 2013-01-18 at 08:43 PM.

I find it funny how asking for the following

(1) Alts to be allow flying (after you achive max level with a main)
    (2) Tarband that give rep (Still have to work for rep)
    (3) Heirlooms to work till 90 (you still have to level up)
    (4) Valor gear not needing rep (still have to farm them)
    (5) Everything that has to do with Raid Finder (still have to deal with Drop rate)

Reads....

(1) please give us a instant everything button.

To some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    I find it funny how asking for the following

(1) Alts to be allow flying (after you achive max level with a main)
    (2) Tarband that give rep (Still have to work for rep)
    (3) Heirlooms to work till 90 (you still have to level up)
    (4) Valor gear not needing rep (still have to farm them)
    (5) Everything that has to do with Raid Finder (still have to deal with Drop rate)

Reads....

(1) please give us a instant everything button.

To some people.
    Yes, because all of those demands actually boils down to LESS WORK MORE REWARD

I've had enough of pandaren "culture" on 2 alts to last me for 10 lifetimes, is there really a point to still enforce the no flying rule?

You can't even pick different starting zones to level and having to endure their "we're peaceful but go kill 90% of the local wildlife and populace" bs at ground mount leveling speed is just torture.
    I'm sorry sir. The blizzard team has deemed what is "fun" and it's more "fun" to force you to stay grounded alt after alt to see the work they put into creating this fantastic turtle while you level.

Enjoy your time in MOP. (if you can)
    Last edited by quras; 2013-01-18 at 09:16 PM.

Deleted
    I LOOOOVEEEE levelling in MoP! Yes, I just said it. And it does not annoy me that I cannot fly. Of course it would make things faster, especially if you're after some rare spawns (mobs or items), but really, I enjoy it. No linear questlines like in Cata, you have tons of choices where to go, you CAN skip things, e.g. I've never done a single quest in Jade Forest on any of my alts. I don't know what people are complaining about :P

You can herb/mine
    You can go around kill rare mobs
    You can go around and collect gray/blue items that give you a ton of xp when doing so
    You can skip 1 small area if you don't like the quest line and just move on to the next, finding plenty of quests available there
    You can even skip parts whole parts, e.g. I do Tot4W - Kun Lai Summit - Townlong (those 3 areas get me to 90 np), not touching Jade Forest or Krasarang or Dreadwastes!
    Last edited by mmoc8f363a477f; 2013-01-18 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've leveled 12 characters through Hell...I mean pandaria. Trust me when I say I feel your pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

My personal opinion, I greatly enjoyed leveling without flying throughout MoP. Looking at the scenery from the ground is pretty amazing.

I've had enough of pandaren "culture" on 2 alts to last me for 10 lifetimes, is there really a point to still enforce the no flying rule?

You can't even pick different starting zones to level and having to endure their "we're peaceful but go kill 90% of the local wildlife and populace" bs at ground mount leveling speed is just torture.
    No Flying in Classic, mounts at lvls 40 and 60 (walking for the first 39 levels)

Flying in Burning Crusade originally was not available til 70 (start questing at 58)

Flying in Wrath not available til 77, required additional training (start questing at 68)

Flying in Cata, available instantly throughout Azeroth as this was a remodel of the planet and the zones were vastly spread apart

Flying in Mop, available at 90 (start questing at 85)

As you can see, Cata broke the pattern and spoiled everyone, and now Blizz is seeing just how big a mistake Cata was. Things that should have happened: No tabard rep grinding, no easy heroic gear, and flight in Cata zones til 85 (not 80). Even Vash'Jir was a no fly zone since it was under water.

Like with EVERYTHING in this game, it was eventually nerfed, lowered, or handed some type of option around the .2 or .3 version of the expansion. Since 5.2 is being tested now, I would say if there is a flight restriction lifted or reduced for MoP, it won't be until at least 5.3. Folks need to just hold their water

I think it would've been better for Blizzard to do with Mists what they did with Wrath. When you hit max level, you unlocked an account-bound book that taught your lower level alt how to fly in the Wrath zones. Then you didn't have to worry about ground mounts on your alts while you leveled. It got the desired effect Blizzard wanted for players to use ground mounts while leveling through the zones, but takes away the teeth-grinding activity of repeating it with an alt.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    No Flying in Classic, mounts at lvls 40 and 60 (walking for the first 39 levels)

Flying in Burning Crusade originally was not available til 70 (start questing at 58)

Flying in Wrath not available til 77, required additional training (start questing at 68)

Flying in Cata, available instantly throughout Azeroth as this was a remodel of the planet and the zones were vastly spread apart

Flying in Mop, available at 90 (start questing at 85)

As you can see, Cata broke the pattern and spoiled everyone, and now Blizz is seeing just how big a mistake Cata was. Things that should have happened: No tabard rep grinding, no easy heroic gear, and flight in Cata zones til 85 (not 80). Even Vash'Jir was a no fly zone since it was under water.

Like with EVERYTHING in this game, it was eventually nerfed, lowered, or handed some type of option around the .2 or .3 version of the expansion. Since 5.2 is being tested now, I would say if there is a flight restriction lifted or reduced for MoP, it won't be until at least 5.3. Folks need to just hold their water
    I think you are overlooking the Tomes introduced in mid-Wrath that allowed a level 80 to send the Cold Weather Flying tome to a level 70.

That is what people are asking for.

I've leveled 5 90's. I've done the content from the ground. Guess what, it wasn't ZOMGWTFBBQ!!! the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th time around. And it won't be for the other 6 85-88's I have left to level to 90. And given that I play on a PvE server, world PvP doesn't mean jack all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post
    I never said anything about freebies, I merely said what you failed to read of his comment WHICH WAS WHY DON'T YOU ASK FOR FREEBIES SINCE YOU ASKED FOR FLYING which does not imply flying is a freebie, just that you're wanting things to be faster/easier.
    Not sure what to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I think it would've been better for Blizzard to do with Mists what they did with Wrath. When you hit max level, you unlocked an account-bound book that taught your lower level alt how to fly in the Wrath zones. Then you didn't have to worry about ground mounts on your alts while you leveled. It got the desired effect Blizzard wanted for players to use ground mounts while leveling through the zones, but takes away the teeth-grinding activity of repeating it with an alt.
    I'm sorry but teeth-grinding? if its that bad for you, maybe you should break up with WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least all the flightpoints you got on your main are unlocked on alts. Back in TBC you had to get every FP on every alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I think you are overlooking the Tomes introduced in mid-Wrath that allowed a level 80 to send the Cold Weather Flying tome to a level 70.

That is what people are asking for.

I've leveled 5 90's. I've done the content from the ground. Guess what, it wasn't ZOMGWTFBBQ!!! the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th time around. And it won't be for the other 6 85-88's I have left to level to 90. And given that I play on a PvE server, world PvP doesn't mean jack all for me.
    I am sure if you were capable of suffering 5 times, you can suffer another couple of times, suck it up because it really does not take that long. Flying mounts are unnecessary, it is unfair, goes away from the vision of what Blizzard wants (an actual world) and simply is an excuse for people to level faster. I am fine if Pandaria flying was added in the next expansion, but in the mean time it is not required. I remember in catac I made NO friend while questing simply because some one would fly into the middle, tag a mob, kill it and fly away. Really no challenge, no danger WHAT SO EVER. In MOP I enjoyed it, I made friends etc... Just because it is your 718571th character, doesn't instantly mean of you have the right to low level flying.

And what do all of you even need so many alts for? There is plenty to do on 1 max level 90.
    \