Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I think you botted and cry here for no reason. If you didnt use bot or program that takes control of your character instead of human interface, you would be busy getting your account back online by contacting blizzard via web or phone have a nice day!

There's an automatic system in place.

Sometimes innocent players get caught in the net.

The same thing sometimes happen when you send a large amount of gold to another account through the in-game mail.

It's annoying to be the false-positive, but getting the account back should not be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Many to name
    Obviously, he must be lying.
    Can we stop "always trusting blizzard's decisions on bans"? Seriously? Has the last banning debacle over "win-trading" taught you people nothing? That the process and system they use is FAR more fallible than you people give it credit for? That there can't be THAT many idiots across all the WoW Forums and over 8 years, that would use a bot, get banned for it, and go on WoW forums (fansite or official) and hope to garner sympathy or start a vocal discussion against Blizzard's banning system.

But nope, the Super Sleuths here know a liar when they see one!

Deleted
    Call them, explain, get helped. Easy as that.

If you didn't use a bot, it will be okay, if you used one, you stay banned.

Its really that easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really, this thread is still up....sigh.

He was botting, plain and simple and then wants to rant here, if he wasnt blizzard will clear it up and remove the suspension. They just dont ban you for notta.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happened to me one time as well. I was able to get right back into the game by logging into the site and resetting my password.
    Don't know what exactly triggered it, but probably just a false positive based on Blizz's algorithms.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    Really, this thread is still up....sigh.

He was botting, plain and simple and then wants to rant here, if he wasnt blizzard will clear it up and remove the suspension. They just dont ban you for notta.
    You did see the second post I made correct? No I was not botting. The reason I started this was for the fact that I played this game for 8 years and they throw me under the bus cause some kid nerd raged cause I stole his golden lotus and reported me for botting. Instant banning people when you have no proof other than a kids nerd rage report and me sending massive amounts of herbs through my mail to my bank alt. If they had sufficient proof I was botting they wouldn't of reversed the ban. But as I stated before, they claim that if this happens again the outcome may not be the same. I'm frustrated that they don't fully investigate botting until after you get banned and you open a ticket. I was told that farming in one spot was against the rules. I checked all of the ToS and couldn't find anything that related to that. They said it was "unfair" to other players to farm in a particular area. Even though you can find silkweed and green tea leaf almost anywhere in pandaria.

Please go farm herbs for several hours a few days a week and send all your herbs to your bank alt. Enjoy the instant ban like I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezzina View Post
    Maybe some butthurt player who likes to farm where you farm reported you as a bot to get you out of their zone :P The WoW community has people petty enough to go that far!
    true, but then there's also the people that are farming endlessly and not responding to whispers etc. When I see people going back and forth, flying the same route I will try and chat with them if I think they are botting. If I do not get a response (or a reaction when I steal some nodes from them) I assume they are botting and report them...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    There's an automatic system in place.

Sometimes innocent players get caught in the net.

The same thing sometimes happen when you send a large amount of gold to another account through the in-game mail.

It's annoying to be the false-positive, but getting the account back should not be an issue.
    I'm not sure if it's an all automatic procedure, I would guess the automatic part just raise a flag for potential botter and then they actually check that person.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am guessing someone reported you, or several people reported you. That sucks. I farm A LOT and I am honestly paranoid something like this will happen to me. I just zone out and watch Netflix on my second screen and farm on my first for hours sometimes if I am low on gold or bored, you can always use more gold.

I have a set path that I like to use, every time. It respawns ridiculously fast. I can see how someone could mistake me for a bot.

Think of it as a service, to you.

Playing this game or any game for 8 years and spending many, many hours farming is just pissing your life up the wall, no question about it.

Not to be rude, but if you really didn't do anything wrong, then it's all a misunderstanding. Call them up and talk to them. It's that easy. If you have nothing to hide, then Blizzard will remove it. Simple as that. Honestly getting upset about it and making a thread isn't going to solve anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcoloco View Post
    You did see the second post I made correct? No I was not botting. The reason I started this was for the fact that I played this game for 8 years and they throw me under the bus cause some kid nerd raged cause I stole his golden lotus and reported me for botting. Instant banning people when you have no proof other than a kids nerd rage report and me sending massive amounts of herbs through my mail to my bank alt. If they had sufficient proof I was botting they wouldn't of reversed the ban. But as I stated before, they claim that if this happens again the outcome may not be the same. I'm frustrated that they don't fully investigate botting until after you get banned and you open a ticket. I was told that farming in one spot was against the rules. I checked all of the ToS and couldn't find anything that related to that. They said it was "unfair" to other players to farm in a particular area. Even though you can find silkweed and green tea leaf almost anywhere in pandaria.

Please go farm herbs for several hours a few days a week and send all your herbs to your bank alt. Enjoy the instant ban like I did.
    Let's see, you claim some kid nerd raged and was the reason for the ban, this is very, very, very unlikely. You were most likely using a bot plain and simple, you sitting there and watching said bot doesn't make it any less bad. You being unbanned is courtesy by Blizzard and personally I think wrong, I know some other people who got unbanned the same way when botting, just write some sob story.

I did just that when Pandaria was new btw, in all honesty everything you say (farming for hours each day, in the same zone all the time, sending MASSIVE ammounts to your alt) screams of an bot using an rail road system. I hope you get banned permanently soon.

The truth is that a human from this planet can't farm for hours and hours on exactly the same path. He must at least pee, if not eat, drink or shit. And he can't go the "same" path all over again. Now, if they have some system in place that looks for some unusual behavior like this, and I bet they do, you're fuck.

Bots are programmed to go from node to node and are dumb too. I've seen a warrior mining once, he was mining while some caterpillars were hitting him, interrupting the mining. And like that for some time. Then I tried to killed him, and it took me some time because I was lower level and he had the Second Wind crap, no reaction, still trying to mine. After a while he appeared again, and guess what? Started to mine with caterpillars interrupting him. Killed him again and reported.

Now good luck paying for those shit bots

Deleted
    Its a stupid automated (mis)service from Blizzard, its really sad honest people farming get busted from it as well.

Dont listen to all the idiots in this thread who says you're lying or were "using a bot", just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Not to be rude, but if you really didn't do anything wrong, then it's all a misunderstanding. Call them up and talk to them. It's that easy. If you have nothing to hide, then Blizzard will remove it. Simple as that. Honestly getting upset about it and making a thread isn't going to solve anything.
    Actually he did this and they did reverse it. So Blizzard admitted a fault. He seem to be most upset that they said if they make a mistake again, then they won't restore his account.

Moved to Comics Fury. Rereleased and updated.

If OP wants to link his armory I could pretty quickly tell if its a bot or not

What a load of BS I read here. Automated part is only for by player reports. You can bot all you want and if youre not reported then you will continue to do so - not saying you are, but I know enough people who bot nonstop basically.
    Blizz cant ban you and say "ye, youre a player but we banned you cuz its unfair to farm there". What a load of BS. Either youre not telling the whole story or youre lying or you were reported by other players constantly.

I myself had the same problem back during TBC while I was farming trees up in skettis over the course of a few hours. I simply sent in an email and was able to get my account unlocked in about an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Let's see, you claim some kid nerd raged and was the reason for the ban, this is very, very, very unlikely. You were most likely using a bot plain and simple, you sitting there and watching said bot doesn't make it any less bad. You being unbanned is courtesy by Blizzard and personally I think wrong, I know some other people who got unbanned the same way when botting, just write some sob story.

I did just that when Pandaria was new btw, in all honesty everything you say (farming for hours each day, in the same zone all the time, sending MASSIVE ammounts to your alt) screams of an bot using an rail road system. I hope you get banned permanently soon.

You seem to be obilivious to the point of my post. I'm mad I got banned because blizz ingnored several resources they had to determine if I was botting or not. Frankly, it's just easier for them to sit on their but and let automated systems do all the work for them. But then they run into the problem of having to do an investigation "AFTER" the ban. I think it would be common courtesy to investigate "before" you perma ban someone when they've played for 8 years and followed the rules. That is the core of what upsets me. They ignored the propper channels. They can check if you're using rails and bots. Playing several hours a day shouldn't be against the rules. If they actually got off their but and investigated prior to the ban they would of easily seen that I was not on any rails. I participated in the ganking of atleast 7 people that night within about an hour of being banned. But again, that fact was ignored. Because farm bots totally gank other players and kill them correct? I fly all over the place I don't even have a set route it's whatever node pops up on my screen first I go to. I scatter all over the place, there is no pattern but blizz also ignored that fact. I could go on and on about everything they failed to see prior to the ban. All they saw was the gold I was getting in the mail from COD'ing hundreds of stacks of herbs to bulk buyers on my bank alt. I know people who have tried to bot, and lets just say they are not playing this game anymore. I know how foolish botting is, and those people deserve to get banned instantly. But answer this question... "Would you be mad if you got banned for doing nothing wrong but simply farming too much?" If you were acussed of comitting a crime you were 100% innocent of. Would you not be upset? Oh but that's right i'm a bot who is making a sob story, herpa derp. I already have hundreds of thousands of gold so, of course I need to bot to make gold, cause it's soo hard. I shouldn't have to play in fear of getting banned for doing nothing wrong. I'm not going to stop farming because I'm making 100k+ a week. But sadly this same situation will probably happen again because it's "against the rules to farm in one spot". It kind of requires gold to buy anything worth buying off the AH. Just because I know how to make alot of gold very quickly doesn't mean I'm a bot. Blizz reveresed my ban within hours of opening a ticket and they investigated it. So obviously they're in the wrong but they stated that if this happens again, the outcome may not be the same. All I want is blizz to get off their but and stop letting automated systems do all the work for them because they don't WORK. It would save them time in the long run.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Blizz cant ban you and say "ye, youre a player but we banned you cuz its unfair to farm there". What a load of BS. Either youre not telling the whole story or youre lying or you were reported by other players constantly.
    Sadly that is what happened when I called them up hours after getting they opened my account and did an investigation. But their response to my ticket ended up giving me more questions so I called them up and the response I got from the person I was talking to said "the only thing I can think of is that it's unfair to farm in a particular spot" in response to what I said which was "I didn't know it was against the rules to farm for several hours".