Poll: What age are you

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Well only 15 poll max and i assumed that 19-29 would be alot larger than 30-39 and 40+. If you have a solution feel free to throw it at me.
    then better option would be 21-24, 25-28 or something like that

27 (started at end of Classic WoW)

Started Alliance.

Restarted Alliance.

Went Horde.

Xferred to Alliance.

Lots of breaks in between.

10+ Year Old Account
    20, Horde. I was Alliance when I first played at age 12 but then eventually grew to like Horde much better.

Deleted
    I am 17, and next week I turn 18. I started playing when I was 13, end of tbc/begining of wotlk. I started as horde, then got a max lvl alliance alt on my irl friends server (they had horde max lvl alts on my main's server but didn't play so much there:P). Now I play with 4 irl friends at same age as me and we run our own guild on Outland EU alliance. I still prefer the horde for the looks and lore, but the most fun thing in WoW is to play with some good friends

Most members in our guild seem to be between 16 and maybe 24 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    then better option would be 21-24, 25-28 or something like that
    I disagree because the large sums of players in that group 21-24 would have 38 votes and 25-28 would have 31 and i would have to stretch out the players in there 30's and the whole category for them currently is less than either of those. I think majority of wow players are in their 20's and its fun to see which age is the highest.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    25, Horde. Been playing since I was... I think 15.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted for myself.

Anecdotal, from my guild: We only have four or five people under age 30, and I'm pretty sure our youngest guild member is my kid brother at 25. The average age is probably around 35-37. We have a significant amount over that, as well, including people up into their 60s.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    25, Horde. Been playing since I was... I think 15.
    November 2004 was launch, as a point of reference with the math.

On topic:

25, Horde, always played Horde as primary. Began playing early 2005 at the ripe old age of 18. Was always the youngest guy in the guild until mid-to-late-BC. Once Wrath dropped, the demographic started sliding younger and younger as the game became more casual. Not judging, but it's been noted elsewhere.

Deleted
    21- Alliance, Started when i was 15. I think that the majority of wow players are under 20 but forums like MMO attract an older crowd.

My theory is that at a young age this is a fun game for children, however, as people start to grow and mature, the game (obviously still fun) turns more socialized and more community based. I certainly feel that way.

Op should put this poll up with each choice having the same gaps in years, like 3-5 years each so that the data is comprehensible. Its impossible to take the individual years between 20 and 29 and then compare them with one block of 30-39. Its sloppy scientific data collecting in the least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerlol View Post
    21- Alliance, Started when i was 15. I think that the majority of wow players are under 20 but forums like MMO attract an older crowd.

My theory is that at a young age this is a fun game for children, however, as people start to grow and mature, the game (obviously still fun) turns more socialized and more community based. I certainly feel that way.
    Until WoW, most MMO-RPG's were heavily dominated by the 20+ crowd. WoW changed that during BC some and more so during Wrath by creating a more casual-friendly environment. But when WoW started, it was a common joke to 'blame the kiddies' in the raid, etc, usually because they were in the severe minority. I'm not suggesting that kids didn't play by any means, but they certainly weren't the mainstream like now. In fact, most raiding guilds had strict 18+ requirements for raiders, simply to weed out the few kids that might apply. Just food for thought.

I'm 20 and I play Horde and Alliance. Primarily Horde though.

35 - Alliance. Played since launch. Think most of my guild is 25 plus.

Deleted
    19 - Horde.
    Been playing since I was 11 though.

25 alliance. Started when I was 19, also Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    I saw a post saying when WoW came out the average age of players was 28, it got me thinking and just from this site i'd like to see the average age of players. Please only vote if you are currently playing. You can post your age and faction in the thread just as a bonus to see where each age leans to which faction (if it does).
    That data came from the Daedalus project, an early attempt to categorize WoW demographics; I think their median player age was 25, and this was about a year after launch. Eyeballing the data above, not a lot has changed. I could easily do a bin count from that to determine the average of your poll...tagging this so I remember to write a spreadsheet or something for it later today.

(edit) Oh yeah. me. I turn 37 on Saturday. Started Horde, Alliance for the last half of "vanilla", then Horde again.
    Last edited by Vulcanasm; 2013-03-19 at 05:20 PM.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    17 - Horde
    Started when I was 9 or 10 can't realy remember : /

10+ Year Old Account
    19 and Alliance.
    Started when I was 15 and went Horde.

Deleted
    15 - Horde

Started at the age of 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    24. Horde.
    Started when I was 16.